• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Renegade

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
"Remnants of lordareon"

A strategy map focused on Defense and survival against unending waves of undead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After scourge invasion into lordareon , most of the kingdom had been completely massacred with exception of a few towns. Survivors,bandits and knights from several villages have gathered together and formed an encampment from which they operate and try to gather as many as survivors as possible. Currently their goal is to break through a collapsed canyon to contact baron smithson and enter his town from where it would be possible to fight off the undead. However, while the villagers,bandits,and knights were forced to cooperate under desperate conditions they will not hesitate to overthrow each other as soon as one of their leaders die. Eric the leader of knights and renowned swordsman , todd a brave villager who currently leads dozens of villagers and lothar, the leader of blackeye bandits.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of now the map has 5 big events and several small ones, while i wont reveal everything. The death of every major unit triggers an event.
Its my first time making a map, so please give me insight if there are any bugs or imbalances

ALSO there is a -cam command to zoom out just -cam

Vers 0.2

Release

vers 0.3

Big update 6 new events ,new terrain, map edited heavily. added hero event and new units
Previews
Contents

Renegade (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Map file name is vers23. The author is set to unknown. 1. No loading screen description. 2. Eric Lionheart's spells have missing tooltips. 3. Footmen don't have Defend researched. The Steam Tank doesn't have Barrage researched if even meant to be...
Level 11
-lack of description just add information, screenshot,changelog = to know if there's some changers in your map, credits = if you use custom models
-add several screenshot
-why the units already in the game? you should train them and you must construct building aside from that there's no gold mine. i think this is not an altered melee
-the numbers of each player is not equal, some players have less units and some of them so much units
-the terrain is good but you need to improve it a little bit

==============================================================

If you want a better description this will help you:

How to add screenshots:

Level 2
Please don't use imgur for your images. The hive has an image database for a reason, we can't be sure your images will stay there.

yeah sorry i will try to use hive system, its my first time using hive and i find it really confusing

-lack of description just add information, screenshot,changelog = to know if there's some changers in your map, credits = if you use custom models
-add several screenshot
-why the units already in the game? you should train them and you must construct building aside from that there's no gold mine. i think this is not an altered melee
-the numbers of each player is not equal, some players have less units and some of them so much units
-the terrain is good but you need to improve it a little bit

==============================================================

If you want a better description this will help you:

How to add screenshots:

Thank you for the guides, as for the gold,no gold issue. the map is based on maps like medieval zombie invasion and its designed so the undead are a lot more powerful than humans. essentially its micro vs macro and humans have to work together to survive. For that reason i created faction events to make up for differences in number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Thank you for the guides, as for the gold,no gold issue. the map is based on maps like medieval zombie invasion and its designed so the undead are a lot more powerful than humans. essentially its micro vs macro and humans have to work together to survive. For that reason i created faction events to make up for differences in number.
your welcome mate! your map is amazing all you need to do is to develop it further ;)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Map file name is vers23.
The author is set to unknown.

1. No loading screen description.
2. Eric Lionheart's spells have missing tooltips.
3. Footmen don't have Defend researched. The Steam Tank doesn't have Barrage researched if even meant to be used.
4. Can Magic Sentry be researched?
5. The map is partially visible from the start (fog of war).

Man I don't know, seems pretty simple and chaotic.
What is the role of the factions? The undead seem to only constantly summon one type of unit. The red human group has the most units from the start.

Awaiting Update.

===================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 2
Map file name is vers23.
The author is set to unknown.

1. No loading screen description.
2. Eric Lionheart's spells have missing tooltips.
3. Footmen don't have Defend researched. The Steam Tank doesn't have Barrage researched if even meant to be used.
4. Can Magic Sentry be researched?
5. The map is partially visible from the start (fog of war).

Man I don't know, seems pretty simple and chaotic.
What is the role of the factions? The undead seem to only constantly summon one type of unit. The red human group has the most units from the start.

Awaiting Update.

===================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Thanks for fedback, mostly map is still not completely finished so there are a few things that may stand out. Such as eric not having tooltips (which would be completely useless anyway a heal is a heal) Im thinking of writing a propper description to set a propper backstory. there are a few leftover researches such as magic sentry which will be removed and map is visible for a reason to make navigation easier. If you ever played map like LTA or MZI you would see why. Reds role is to fight back against undead as he is the strongest human faction and has to hold on long enoigh till other factions get themselves together which is why he has many units. Plus every other faction has unique traits. Blue gets most gold and purple is safest. Undeads role is to simply destroy humans and they spawn only 1 type of units cuz they are overhelming already. And every human faction has several events which can turn the game into their favor and obtain a new plot of land. footmen not getting shields is a bug though

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The game has to have explicit rules, preferably in the Quest Log. Gameplay diversity is also something needed to spice up everything, hence only one type of undead is boring compared to what the human factions have.