• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Bug STARFALL BUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
custom starfalls can not longer be edited to use any other model than the original cannot edit it to drop rain of fire meteors or blizzards ice shards. Just letting you know, also the old school versions of orc catapult and balista and steam tank don't work.

Level 4
The path for the old Steam Tank is
units\Creeps\WarCart\WarCart
As Footman16 says, this model is used by a campaign unit in the editor, although I don't think it's actually used at all in the campaign.

There are models for a catapult and ballista but they are described as "neutral" and don't have much in common with the old Orc catapult or Night Elf ballista. See this thread for details (and other hidden models and icons):
Reforged - List of Hidden Material Within the World Editor
Also, there doesn't seem to be a suitable model for the ballista bolt, so it's not actually very useable.

thax for the link and the info but these do NOT show in-game if you have not upgraded to reforged

the old ROC models cannot be accessed

Of course they won't show if you haven't upgraded to Reforged, they're reforged models lol.

EDIT: Seems to be working fine for me
upload_2020-6-8_16-46-22.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Level 4
Ah, ok, I had misunderstood the nature of the problem - I thought this was about the Reforged version, not Classic, since you'd put 'Reforged' in the topic title.

I've had a look in the Casc file and I suggest that you try:
units\human\warwagon\warwagonold.mdx
There's also
units\human\warwagon\warwagon_v1.mdx
but judging by the file size it's the same as the default one. (I don't have time to test it myself right now - especially since I'd need to figure out how to revert to classic graphics in the World Editor first.)

Level 9
yea that's annoying too, btw reforged is the problem that's why it's in the topic.

if blizzard had gone about this in a proper and just added new models / versions and icons to the game we wouldn't be having these problems.

this worked for the steam engine it appeared correctly in game also here are the correct paths for balista and catapult
units\human\warwagon\warwagonold.mdx
units\nightelf\Ballista\Ballistaold.mdl
units\orc\catapult\catapultold.mdl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.