• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Building Contest #3 - Mini Melee Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
My submission is going to be a surprise. I bet nobody can predict what I'm going to create :D

Would I be allowed not to upload any WIPs till the deadline? I can upload them afterwards.

Level 11
No, actually you weren't. At first, I thought of creating another race, but I came up with this idea 2 days later. It's been, I dunno, since 67chrome first posted this in the contest submission forum.

PS. I can provide pictures of my notes if you don't believe me ^^

Level 11
If you did think it first, you wouldn't have edited your post ^^
Anyway, since 2 different submissions of the same race are allowed and since are races are actually different, I think we should stop here :)

Level 11
Then it's not unknown, it's hidden ^^
Anyway, my race contains Ralle and Pyritie from THW crew (does Lirch count too? o_O). The rest are users.

Level 11
No ban me plz!
Ralle's gonna be my basic warrior and Pyritie my heavy air :))
But I've discussed this enough! Sneaky idea-stealers are creeping around!

Level 11
To baassee,
Are you really in? oO I hope, that's not a joke.

To 67chrome,
What does "20 upgrades" mean? Shall the weapon upgrades for both melee and ranged units ( 2 x 3 ) and defense upgrades for them ( 2 x 3 ) count as 6+6=12? Or they just stand for 4 upgrades? I hope, the last one statement is true. :)

Level 11
Well, even if it's not true, I don't think it will be a problem. Remember, it's mini melee race, like the Naga.

Level 11
If this is counted as 12 upgrades and you have at least 9 units (I exclude workforce, but in some cases they can be treated like upgradeable units also) which need just one upgrade this is already 21, I'm silent about some tower / morphing upgrades etc.

you bet your ass I'm in, this one I will finish to the end :)
Where did you see, I'd bet my ass, lawl, keep yours safe, ha-ha, dude :D
Can I make a request then, please? Pl0x, pl0x, include me into your race xD

Level 22
If this is counted as 12 upgrades and you have at least 9 units (I exclude workforce, but in some cases they can be treated like upgradeable units also) which need just one upgrade this is already 21, I'm silent about some tower / morphing upgrades etc.

Where did you see, I'd bet my ass, lawl, keep yours safe, ha-ha, dude :D
Can I make a request then, please? Pl0x, pl0x, include me into your race xD

lawl I dont count you as a crew but what a heck, I will prob fit you in somewhere ;)

Level 11
Hey baassee, don't tell anyone, but my hero is gonna be Master Haosis. Tell me he's not included! Please?

Level 11
Huh? I'm just at stage of drawing the techtree on the piece of paper. Nevertheless, I've managed to put in all 8 building and 10 units, but I think of removing one building, which will reduce the units count by one, but then I'll probably add another unit to another structure :)

And I didn't come up with a hero yet. ;(

Level 11
For me the hero is the easiest part to CREATE, but not to imagine it :)

Another question: Anybody knows, if it is possible to make my custom race use custom interface / command buttons / spell target circle / mouse cursor etc w/o modifying origin Blizzard races and replacing them then?

baassee said:
takes too much time
I have about a month as a time for entry completing! :)

Level 22
I'm always right :)

WIP as I have to post one, this is one of the tooltips

The almighty dragon and model moderator Pyrtie for your service! Will make your enemies dare.
Can learn the abilities: Bronzing Age, Model Rejection and "It's a bird, it's a plane no it's Pyrtie!"

Level 11
]The almighty dragon and model moderator Pyrtie for your service! Will make your enemies dare.
Can learn the abilities: Bronzing Age, Model Rejection and "It's a bird, it's a plane no it's Pyrtie!"

WIN!
Anyway, I've got 8 units, 1 hero and I don't know how many buildings, I have to thing about that. 15 upgrades look good too.

Level 17
Question to moderators of this contest

I am planning to make a race called Stormseeker. This will mainly base on the elements water and storm/lightning.
Since I am a spellmaker myself, I have already made spells in the past.

My question:
Am I allowed to use the spell "Geyser" which is comprised in my spellpack as ability for a hero?

Level 7
With my understand of the original post, you're allowed to edit Naga, you're NOT allowed to edit the melee races because part of the comparison/judging will be melee battle with them.

You can copy a farm and paste and edit the new custom farm, yes; no idea what Ghost is talking about.

You can always ask Chrome directly if you're still concerned though.

And from the looks of it, there will be a plethora of entries...

Also, upon looking at wc3c's setup, its obviously superior, however if people are having trouble implementing the GUI of ours... then not to be rude, they have no hope of using wc3c's.

Status
Not open for further replies.