• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poking holes in sc2 logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
ALiEN, no they wouldn't

There is a reason Katyushas aren't used very much, and thats because they are only useful in Blitzkrieg Warfare, they take an exceedingly long time to reload, but fire a large amount of inaccurate shots at once.

Basically they were wheeled up loaded, and fired right when an attack begun, then reloaded for the next 10 minutes or so then moved up again and fired. And those were the versions where a single guy could lift the rockets, look at the rockets on the version you have.

And yo mommaship so fat...

Level 5
Motherships are ancient ships designed for space exploration. That basically means "old civilian ships". They were retrieved and transformed into battleships for war, but there's a limitation to the transformations you can make in such ships, so they have just a supporting role.

6. Why can't the zerg just tunnel under the buildings and destroy them?

maybe they're afraid of making the ground collapse since buildings are pretty heavy? (at least on non-space places or places with gravity)

This:
Why dont zerg units get stomped whenever units pass through when they are burrowed???

or at least small units passing through burrow holes should somehow get their feet stuck because burrowing will loosen up the ground while large units would probably break the burrow hole...

Why cant the enemy see the bodyparts sticking out for a burrowed unit, as the units never burrow that deep... it would actually be pretty cool if units could be 'seen' atleast maybe a spike or sumthin coming up, but yet still be untargetable

why can burrowed units take damage from psystorm, its suposed to be electricity, and there completely grounded out

@ flying through space mutulisk, although in theory there are solar winds that could move them, chances are the gravity of the planet would be far stronger than those winds, however asuming they were launched from some kinda zerg cannon, they may be able to leave the atmosphere, and possibly the gravitational barrier

why cant burrow moving units borrow up/down cliffs, you could argue the dirt/rock is to hard, but then i would ask how they can burrow through the solid steel, and whatnot of space platforms..., which brings up a point,
it would be cool if we could designate new pathing maps (if we cant)
to cover, 3d terrains, that way burrowed units couldnt travel through certain materials, that regular units could walk over, or vise versa (for custom games ofc)

if any unit should burrow-move it would be hydralisk, since they evolve into lurkers...

@ unit scaling:
any of the mechs, have been scaled down to apropriate 'atmosphereic' sizes, and the actual battlecruisers you see in space, or destroying planets are there gargantuin counterparts, you obviously cant build an aircraft carrier, with the same amount of resources it takes to hire 20 marines... which means that the ones on the planet are either RC or have small crews, or a single pilot

Level 2
Short said I'm going to nag on Blizzy for making:

Hydralisks the way they are.
How Protoss only got two units to detect.
Why the Mothership is even used.
Nydus Worms.
Thors.

First up! Hydralisks!

In one of the cutscenes, General Warfield gets his arm pierced, this would normally have made him cut that arm OFF, and why does the Hydralisk spit SPIKES!?
Man I miss the old Sc1 spit-spray-attack.. Bleh..
I miss the good old, spray of venom more than the "lol i spitz spiek in ur ass lololololl!!" Bleh..

Why the Protoss only have the Cannon and the observer to detect.
I know this would be OP in melee games, but the Protoss in general have psionic minds (or something, I am not 100% of what its called but hopefully you all know what it is.)
which they use to communicate for an example, teh Dark Templar uses it to cloak and the High Templar uses it for psionic storms.
Even a Zealot uses his psionic powers, to attack, guard, deflect, parry, whatever!
Why the hell don't they use this to detect cloaked units? Bleh..

Motherships are what SC2 classifies them in the melee game as a "Hero", but they're really just as much as a hero as a Queen, as a Queen is vital for any Zerg.
Read Tharkas post and then read this..
I agree with him, but note: I don't even want them there. I would much more like them to be removed and some other unit put there in their place, or none at all.
Motherships usually orbit around planets to go squash and boom, they don't need to be on the battlefield, why are they even there!?

Nydus Worms.
Now this is one thing the Blizztards have finally made well, "correct". In SC1 it was a mere building, in SC2 its more of a .. "unit" touch to it (most of the Zerg are but hear me out)
Since they burrow and use time to it. I'm kinda proud of them, good job.

But they shouldn't only burrow around one time at a place, it would be much better to have them avaliable to burrow up, each unit, wherever they wish to.
To make this "balanced" they could make it so that they can only burrow up at places with Creep.

And please don't say "lol u culd just use a overlurd" - well yeah, but if you let him spray creep down in your base you raelly need to keep your eyes open anyway. Besides, if the overlord is hidden, so is he Nydus Worm "exit" (not an anus joke).

Thors.
This is a big machine that goes poof on things but still small Zergligns can damage its heavy plates in a matter of seconds, and SCVs can repair on the other side of the Thor to keep him alive. Yay for making perfect sense!

Other than that, I'm sad that the boomers are as weak as they are, they should cost more and be more deadly. Even one at a time just like the Mothership currently is for the Protoss.

These are only my own opinions though so yeah. Have run disagreeing and/or agreeing.

Level 11
why can burrowed units take damage from psystorm, its suposed to be electricity, and there completely grounded out
Technically, it's psionic energy, so eh.
@ flying through space mutulisk, although in theory there are solar winds that could move them, chances are the gravity of the planet would be far stronger than those winds, however asuming they were launched from some kinda zerg cannon, they may be able to leave the atmosphere, and possibly the gravitational barrier
You wouldn't flap your wings though. The wing flapping is the unrealistic part.

Level 5
@Sube2: If there're no guards anymore, they can take the vehicle's fuel and random bottles from the buildings around.

Why cant the enemy see the bodyparts sticking out for a burrowed unit, as the units never burrow that deep... it would actually be pretty cool if units could be 'seen' atleast maybe a spike or sumthin coming up, but yet still be untargetable

why cant burrow moving units borrow up/down cliffs, you could argue the dirt/rock is to hard, but then i would ask how they can burrow through the solid steel, and whatnot of space platforms..., which brings up a point,
it would be cool if we could designate new pathing maps (if we cant)
to cover, 3d terrains, that way burrowed units couldnt travel through certain materials, that regular units could walk over, or vise versa (for custom games ofc)

if any unit should burrow-move it would be hydralisk, since they evolve into lurkers...

@ unit scaling:
any of the mechs, have been scaled down to apropriate 'atmosphereic' sizes, and the actual battlecruisers you see in space, or destroying planets are there gargantuin counterparts, you obviously cant build an aircraft carrier, with the same amount of resources it takes to hire 20 marines... which means that the ones on the planet are either RC or have small crews, or a single pilot

-The idea is that they hide inside the hole they make and then cover it with dirt. Zerg units aren't the most clever of soldiers, but they still know how to burrow their limbs.

-It's psionic energy, wich ignores terrain or barriers.

-The mutalisks have adittional unknown flying methods. Maybe the wing flapping have something to do with it. (I already posted a WikiStracraft quote about this).

-It would put too much distance between their actual location and the surface, so the dirt's weight would crush them.

-Lurkers can't burrow-move... that only happens in custom maps. o_O

-What you pay for with minerals and vespene are the special parts. All the steel, computers, etc. are imported or produced using materials from the ground, like iron, copper or gold, that doesn't require special instalations (a CC's vespene and mineral processing plant) or extraction method (a SCV crew).

Edit: Srry 4 the double post. Erase the previous one, plz.

Level 5
Thanks, Cweener. Didn't see that button before.

¿What do you mean, mare? ¿Is that a question about SC2 logic? o_O

Level 9
Why can terran buildings lift-off but protoss buildings can't? You'd think that with all their technology they could develop something as simple as flight for at least one of their structures.

Why can terran buildings lift-off but protoss buildings can't? You'd think that with all their technology they could develop something as simple as flight for at least one of their structures.

yeah, maybe they can even use their psychic powers to levitate everthing...

Level 5
Terran buildings are designed with all the systems and installations needed to equip, mount, build and support their units and their equipment.
Protoss unit-producing buildings creates a crack in the very fabric of space-time to simply warp-in their units from another artificially created crack in another base. I wouldn't move these too much, you know, to prevent them from creating a black hole that devours both the main base and the frontline base the units are warped to, or something even worse.
Since these buildings can't move, it wouldn't make much sense to add the feature to buildings that serve only as support for the units that warp-in through the waygates and stargates.

Level 10
meh, i dno what to ask anymore...

well, then this might finally die, tho i have nothing against it really.

but i got one, tho it is maybye already discussed; How come the motherships, that appears to be floating cities ,have about enough room for one and a half zealot squeezed together (i know it's because we don't want motherships at the size of 520x520 inces screens coming crashing down, firing flag pole-rays at us, but still...)?

Level 8
Why broodlings spawn when zerg building gets destroyed? If they lived there shouldn't they try defending there home and attack before structure is completely destroyed?!

If the main story has about collecting artifacts and getting Kerrigan back why the title is "Wings of Liberty"?

Does my marines use iPistol?
and where can I build iCruiser?

Level 12
1: broodlings spawn from buildings because...uh... I think they are like side-effect from the mutation or something...
yeah i dont have a clue :l

2: because it is also about rebelling the dominion, otherwise I am not really sure.

3: doubt it.
4: from the iPad factory :D

Level 1
Why broodlings spawn when zerg building gets destroyed? If they lived there shouldn't they try defending there home and attack before structure is completely destroyed?!

If the main story has about collecting artifacts and getting Kerrigan back why the title is "Wings of Liberty"?

maybe the broodlings help the building to survive.thats why they dont come out till its destroyed

as for Wings of Liberty,Kerrigan was liberated from her wings :grin:(and from the zerg)

Level 12
rofl...
you fight the dominion with the hyperion, also ruling a rebellion.
wings = hyperion, liberty = rebellion.
hyperion of rebellion!

PS: yeah i was just bored :D

Level 4
well for tychus's armour i would simply say mengsk only put a kill command in and radio... tychus was never going to betray raynor in the usual context. he was merely going to kill Kerrigan.

and why not build more Odin? maybe raynor cant but surely the dominion could've... and how did the dominion get the schematics for the Thor? a modified version of the Odin made by rory swan... many more questions come about but ill leave u guyz with these 2 first :p

Level 12
luls said:
for tychus's armour i would simply say mengsk only put a kill command in and radio

*observer Tychus* *writes /kill* ''DO IT OR I PRESS ENTER!''

luls said:
and why not build more Odin?

because saying ODIN IS HERE!! would simply not be as awesome as THOR IS HERE is.

nuff said.

Level 4
Thor died to.. he was fighting the mighty leviath/snake Jormangund and he killed it, however the poisin later killed him.

only 3 gods survive ragnarok

(i used to be pagan)

Level 2
Going to ram something up to keep it on topic.
ANyone know -why- (Without thinking of balancing issues..)
The Dark TEmplar can't turn into a Dark Archon anymore? And why can't they "blink" as Zeratul?
Surely "blinking" would be one of the many, many, MANY, abilities a Dark Templar- (Not an apprentice, recruit or whatever. ) - should have.

necro.png

Level 9
Oxygen on Char, rain on Char, Tiny Battlecruisers, Mutalisks and broodlords getting produced after destroying that platform, Raynor surviving 4 years with a battlecruiser, a handful of marines and SCV's and Arcturus Mengsk being such an idiot

Level 7
lol who doesnt know that necro only applys to the newest post. why would it be considered the origanal post date. in that case alot of the burrent topics are being necroed. NECRO POSTS FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.