• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do people like SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILLTHEALMIGHTY, maybe you like ridiculous stunts, but some people like more realistic combat, so realism does not necessarily remove the fun.

I was referring to extreme realism. getting physics right, or adding a luck factor for misses and all that is just fine, but trying to make games exactly like real life will end up annoying.

PS: [RAINBOW]OOH! RAINBOW TAGS![/RAINBOW]

EDIT: That don't work...

EDIT2: Also, the previous post from Grade A Kill leads me to believe he is a fucking noob and can't be bothered to try to get better, and has no idea how to play Starcraft/Warcraft correctly, which inevitably means he's whining because he hates to lose.

Level 19
I was referring to extreme realism. getting physics right, or adding a luck factor for misses and all that is just fine, but trying to make games exactly like real life will end up annoying.

PS: [RAINBOW]OOH! RAINBOW TAGS![/RAINBOW]

EDIT: That don't work...

EDIT2: Also, the previous post from Grade A Kill leads me to believe he is a fucking noob and can't be bothered to try to get better, and has no idea how to play Starcraft/Warcraft correctly, which inevitably means he's whining because he hates to lose.

QFT! -

Level 6
Man you outta of your mind??You call sumpreme commander realistic??That's like calling halo reailctic.And yea starcraft isn't meant to be realistic at all!It's meant to be balanced and fun.Now GTFO you started to get onto my nerves

uhhh...yeah i call supreme commander realistic, maybe you should watch the gameplay demo on youtube, then you'll see, and balance realy isn't all a strategy game can be.

Level 6

thats another thing i hate about strategy games today and the people who play them, its like there is some exact correct way to play it, if you dont play it that certain way then your a noob. can't be flexible or creative in anyway.

say i enter a 1v1 game, i start out getting ready incase of a rush, but my enemy doesn't rush, he gets better units like mutilisks with his saved resources and kills my resource gatherers, well im a freaken noob, you guys are gonna say, you shoulda built air defenses noob.

next game i decide to build air and a bit of ground defenses, now im rushed from ground and because i focused mostly on air defenses i lose, im a freaken noob. you guys might say, rush him then noob!

another game, im up against terran as terran, 8 minutes into the game he comes in with 15 reapers, starts attacking my resource gatherers, i send in my marines and he runs before i make it killing everyone, you tell me to station marines there and keep them there, so i do that in the next on, no they do a frontal assult blowing evrything up before my marines could start a defensive. ima freaken noob now aren't I?

then i try to rush him but because i didn't build a barracks with my 3rd built scv, instead waiting till i have more, he rishes me first, then ima noob...bases should start out either fully built or have no bases.

starcraft is based on skill, but not tactical or strategic skill, but playing that certain way, clicking, and multi-tasking.

Last edited:
Level 6
Grade a kill, it looks like you hate this game, not cause of it's features, but because that you've been rushed to many times, am I right?

And if you REALLY want some good games, play them with your friends

And this ''I hate that gaem it sux cuz I know this one is batter!''.:wink:

i cant play this game with my freinds, its too competetive, me and bro cant play C&C 3 with out pulling a cheap ass annoying stunt because you can't do anything else in the damn game, i Nuke his army and send in 1000 terroistis and blow him up, we try to add rules about the retarded things but we always break them 20 minutes into the game because you can't do anything else!!!

and cant play my freind with out sending an engineer to his base 30 seconds into the damn game, capturing his construction yard and selling it, who do i even sell it to...that is horribly unrealstic, EA games must never make another RTS. imagine the war on terrorism ends because a U.S. soldier capture the insurgent headquaters and sold it.

Same will go with starcraft, i will make a buncha reapers, jump up a cliff to his base, hes command center starts shooting me...i place 15 detpacks, 2 seconds later im outa there, 5 seconds later it blows up...i basicly win. both my brothers absolutly Despise the RTS genera, i realy like the concept and thank god i found supreme commander and RWM.

Last edited:
Level 25
say i enter a 1v1 game, i start out getting ready incase of a rush, but my enemy doesn't rush, he gets better units like mutilisks with his saved resources and kills my resource gatherers, well im a freaken noob, you guys are gonna say, you shoulda built air defenses noob.

next game i decide to build air and a bit of ground defenses, now im rushed from ground and because i focused mostly on air defenses i lose, im a freaken noob. you guys might say, rush him then noob!

Well that's your fault for not scouting the opponent. You're a bloody Terran, you have NO excuse for not being able to scout the opponent and see what they're doing. That's what Comsat stations exist for. If he doesn't rush you? Then you send in your firebats and incinerate him. Because you just let him sit around, he managed to get heaps of mutalisks and destroy you

Seeing as I play Zerg, I know that if he was going straight for Mutas, he would have had no defense at all and was pulling a massive risk. If you attacked, he would have been destroyed in no time flat, seeing as any zerglings wouldn't be able to stand up against the firebats, and he isn't likely to have hydras if he's teching to mutas

The aim of the game is to kill your opponent before he kills you, not to sit around twiddling your thumbs waiting for him to walk in

Level 2
Grade A kill will never complete that best game ever..you will leave it at start you'll see I know by your beahaviour.And if you think that supreme commander is more reaalistic that starcraft you are crazy.You call a giant robot and thousands of alien units realistic.YOU KNOW THIS IS EARTH HELLO!!!And if you want realistic and fun game go play opposing fronts which is verry cool and realistic enough..And 1 thing I can't posibbly never prove to you is this:
SOME GAMES AREN'T MEANT TO BE REALISTIC BUT PURE FUN!YOU SHOULD JUST GO AND ENJOY GAMES!

Level 13
Grade A Kill you need to understand that in Sci-fi everything is scientific and makes perfect sense and is realistic in THAT world! That's why it's called SCIENCE FICTION :p

Level 25
i cant play this game with my freinds, its too competetive, me and bro cant play C&C 3 with out pulling a cheap ass annoying stunt because you can't do anything else in the damn game, i Nuke his army and send in 1000 terroistis and blow him up, we try to add rules about the retarded things but we always break them 20 minutes into the game because you can't do anything else!!!

and cant play my freind with out sending an engineer to his base 30 seconds into the damn game, capturing his construction yard and selling it, who do i even sell it to...that is horribly unrealstic, EA games must never make another RTS. imagine the war on terrorism ends because a U.S. soldier capture the insurgent headquaters and sold it.

Same will go with starcraft, i will make a buncha reapers, jump up a cliff to his base, hes command center starts shooting me...i place 15 detpacks, 2 seconds later im outa there, 5 seconds later it blows up...i basicly win. both my brothers absolutly Despise the RTS genera, i realy like the concept and thank god i found supreme commander and RWM.

So.. You actually say that the only way to win the game, is by training an engineer and sending him up to your friends base to capture and sell it? Why?

If you hate it so much, why even bother doing it? You need to look at your arguments before writing them.. :razz: And I never said you should play a game you hate, like you could play Sudden Strike with your friend, or Horse Riding 3 if you like it, I don't care, all I'm saying that even if YOU hate a game, it's pointless to make a thread about how much you hate it, as you will ALWAYS be flamed :con: (9 times out of 10)

Can we sticky this?

Level 25
Grade A kill will never complete that best game ever..you will leave it at start you'll see I know by your beahaviour.And if you think that supreme commander is more reaalistic that starcraft you are crazy.You call a giant robot and thousands of alien units realistic.YOU KNOW THIS IS EARTH HELLO!!!And if you want realistic and fun game go play opposing fronts which is verry cool and realistic enough..And 1 thing I can't posibbly never prove to you is this:
SOME GAMES AREN'T MEANT TO BE REALISTIC BUT PURE FUN!YOU SHOULD JUST GO AND ENJOY GAMES!

Agreed. Only thing I hated about that game was the speeches, I even became happy when the german guy died in the last.. Just to find out it wasn't the guy who alwaysh saysh somethingsh likesh thish.

Level 6
Grade A kill will never complete that best game ever..you will leave it at start you'll see I know by your beahaviour.And if you think that supreme commander is more realistic that starcraft you are crazy.You call a giant robot and thousands of alien units realistic.YOU KNOW THIS IS EARTH HELLO!!!And if you want realistic and fun game go play opposing fronts which is verry cool and realistic enough..And 1 thing I can't posibbly never prove to you is this:

well in supreme commander a giant robot is realistic in SCINCE FICTION ain't it, and my argument isn't just about realsim, its about the cheap, too fasr paced gameplay, and this game isn't fun! realism is what makes a fun game, play RWM and you will understand, its based off of your tactical skill, not multi-tasking skill n' such.

Level 6
If you opponent doesn't rush you you could try rushing him! :D

allow me to repeat what i said earlier:

"then i try to rush him but because i didn't build a barracks with my 3rd built scv, instead waiting till i have more, he rishes me first, then ima noob...bases should start out either fully built or have no bases."

all that retarded kinda of crap is just stupid! all player skill based n' such, I said this before.

we have gotten off track with the thread name here, what do you guys see in starcraft again?

Level 13
we have gotten off track with the thread name here, what do you guys see in starcraft again?
-Perfect balance between the races.
-3 totally different races.
-Fast paced gameplay.
-Takes skill.
-Can be learnt fast if you invest time in it.
-Alot of different tactics and strategies.
-No #1 unbeatable strategy (contrary to popular belief).
-Great custom maps.
-Just plain fun to play.

Oh and just so you know, Blizzard seems to choose balance and gameplay over realism, which is a good thing.

Level 2
Grade a kill stop talking shit about sc1 and 2 and allways talking about RWM.Now i'll trash your RWM and say it sucks,how you feel now?If you don't like starcraft fuc* off and don't play it n00b

Level 8
Grade a kill stop talking shit about sc1 and 2 and allways talking about RWM.Now i'll trash your RWM and say it sucks,how you feel now?If you don't like starcraft fuc* off and don't play it n00b

I believe on the other hand he has every right to express his opinion even if it's shit. Just ignore him instead of acting like a kid.

Level 25

Want to become a good member on a forum?
1. Spell good
2. Try not to flame bad :)

But Grade a Kill, just wondering, are you a good mapmaker? As I've seen threads about that you want to learn JASS.. I really would like to make a map like you've said, could you give details by category on how SC should be, and I'll try to upload a map?

Grade a Kill, is that mod for Sudden strike 2? I liked the first part much more. (with add on). Especially I hated that infantry gets mowed down too fast, especially because there is no auto-prone and even that is disabled, if by accident you have any officers selected.

Anyway, starcraft 2 will still take a long time to come out, so there is not much a point to criticize the gameplay.

Level 26
all that retarded kinda of crap is just stupid! all player skill based n' such, I said this before.
Oh dear! This game is based on player skill! Whatever will I do with my utter lack of brainpower?
bases should start out either fully built or have no bases.
This is your fucking idea of a good strategy game? Already built bases or no bases at all? I ought to slap you.
well in supreme commander a giant robot is realistic in SCINCE FICTION ain't it,
Point.
You have none.
You're defending his point.
the cheap, too fasr paced gameplay, and this game isn't fun! play RWM and you will understand, its based off of your tactical skill, not multi-tasking skill n' such.
You have no fucking idea what a real time strategy is about, do you? Well, I'm sorry the world isn't as slow as you are, Sir Whinesalot.
realism is what makes a fun game
Ridleyfacepalm.jpg

You fucking made Ridley facepalm.

Level 13
Grade A Kill how hard is it for you to understand that SC 1 and SC 2 are SUPPOSED to be fast paced RTS games, relying on micro and the brains to come up with strategies and counter-strategies? And that's also how it stays, no matter what a lonely hater says and whines against it.

thats another thing i hate about strategy games today and the people who play them, its like there is some exact correct way to play it, if you dont play it that certain way then your a noob. can't be flexible or creative in anyway.

another game, im up against terran as terran, 8 minutes into the game he comes in with 15 reapers, starts attacking my resource gatherers, i send in my marines and he runs before i make it killing everyone, you tell me to station marines there and keep them there, so i do that in the next on, no they do a frontal assult blowing evrything up before my marines could start a defensive. ima freaken noob now aren't I?

then i try to rush him but because i didn't build a barracks with my 3rd built scv, instead waiting till i have more, he rishes me first, then ima noob...bases should start out either fully built or have no bases.

starcraft is based on skill, but not tactical or strategic skill, but playing that certain way, clicking, and multi-tasking.

You're an idiot. I mean it, you're a blockhead who wants everything to be made perfectly fit for you.

Strategy games have hundreds of ways to be played, even Starcraft. But YOU can't be bothered to try and learn from your mistakes, so you whine about it.

Starcraft and Warcraft are diffferent universes with different rules, which makes the gameplay what it is. You have to learn how to use those different rules to your advantage.

It's not even really advanced rock-paper-scissors: There's no luck factor, so the only factor is the player's skill and ability to use different rules of gameplay so he can better react to improvised situations and the like.

"Bases should start out fully built or no bases"
That was horrible. Bases already built would mean you'd have tons of options and no one would have options as to how to build defenses and the like. If there were no bases you would have boring games where you could only attack once (unless it's a World in Conflict kind of game).

Don't like it? DON'T PLAY IT AND DON'T WHINE ABOUT IT YOU ASSHOLE.

Level 8
Dude why can't he whine about it? I don't see any THW rules that say whining is forbidden. You guys are overreacting seriously.
You may not like what he posts BUT he's not flaming you, so what gives you the right to flame him?

Last edited:
Level 2
Well I would play w3 and sc2 even without the editor..Beacouse those games are awesome anyway and campaigns <3

Level 7
Well, I'm excited about SC II because I only just beat Brood War! Yes, I know it's sad, but my brother only recently found his CDs for SC1 and Brood War
I like what I've seen so far (Motherships, Twilight Archons, and the cool 3d graphics)
My computer probably can't run it anyway, but it's nice to look stuff up!
Plus, I mean, my God, it's SC II!!!! WE"VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT SINCE THE 80s! (Almost) BE HAPPY!

Status
Not open for further replies.