• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poking holes in sc2 logic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
And from where Valerian got that gramophone? I doubt somebody would take gramophone in too far away sector in galaxy and that it would surive the landing and someway get into Megsk's or his son's hands!
If antique preservation, special delivery, and exorbitant wealth are foreign concepts for you even in the 26th Century, I have some bad news for you...
How do thor's come out of such a small building?
Did you ever see a battlecruiser in the cinematics before? Starcraft scaling is as flexible as a 5-dollar whore.
If protoss can cloak things, why not make everything invisible?
Given the amount of resources spent making motherships and dark templars, I'd say it's because it's a waste of fucking money.
How does a zealot go to the bathroom?
A. It's a suit. They can take it off.
B. How do you know their anatomy works in the same way as ours? For fuck's sake, they don't have mouthes. They absorb light and water through their skin for sustenance.
Why do two groups of zerg fight eachother? (referring to ladder matchups)
Different broods. Duh.
Why the hell cant I get back on the hyperion after i complete the campaign?
Because the story's over. That's why they roll the credits and everything. Are you new to this whole storytelling business?
Was it really necessary for Raynor to KILL Tychus?!
Tychus was about to kill the one person prophecised to be the key to mankind's survival. In fact, Tychus's life depended on Mengsk's command to kill Kerrigan. You do the math.

There's quite a difference between plot holes and forcefully beating at suspension of disbelief to see what worm of an idea crawls its way out.

A: Marines come out of .. fucking .. teleporters hidden in the back.

B: You don't turn gas and minerals into people.. you turn gas and minerals into suits, machines, guns, and ammunition that people use. Otherwise you would have a bunch of "Colonists" running around.

C: It's a fuckin flash bang. That's like asking how a .50 cal bullet can penetrate a tank. People make weapons, and other make make weapons to kill the people holding those weapons.

D: Zergs are immune to flash bangs, obviously.

E: Thors are assembled in chunks and pieces. As they leave the assembly line, they are put together, and eventually the two largest pieces are put together just as they physically leave the building.

F: Yeah, what he said. Scaling in SC2 is just freakin crazy. But if everything was to scale, you would have a very hard time microing both a Battlecruiser and a Marine at the same time.

Now, for my questions:

A: Why does Jim only get grenades in that one wtf is it called mission?

B: In that case, like the other guy said, why the hell can't they just give grenades to all the bloody marines? I mean, that would kick ass, and end any future ground wars between Terran and Zerg!

C: On Char, Tychus uses a giant ass turret. Why don't they have those in every base? I mean he's the only guy there actually shooting at the millions of Zerg swarming their base. If the fuckin turret is that OP, then why not mass produce?

D: Why the hell does Warfield get a mechanical arm? They can re-create limbs now? If that's the case, why don't other marines get mechanical body parts when they're nearly killed, but given full hp by a medic?

E: Why didn't they just give Warfield a medic? I mean he got with with some spine shots from 1 fuckin hydra. God what is he, made of glass?

F: Why not put one of those arm attachment things (found on medics) that heal troops inside a marine's armor? That would make him virtually unstoppable.

G: Why have battlecruisers gone from 1 very strong laser, to like 8 weak ones in the switch between SC1 and SC2? The Hyperion and other similar vessels were used during both wars, and nothing has changed (generally) with any of the battlecruisers. Also, don't fkin say upgrades, cause I spent like 30 mins wiki'ing random s--t on SC2, and the Hyperion was one of them. Yes, it underwent some upgrades as it changed from Mengsk's ship to Raynor's, but no it did not get any weapon upgrades.

H: In SC1, why didn't they just mass 100 food worth of Ghosts and drop like a bazillion nukes on the overmind? Even if it didn't kill him, it sure as hell woulda killed everything around him, leaving him defenseless. On that note, why didn't the Protoss just destroy the planet from Orbit like they tried to do in SC2 on that wtf is it called mission?

I: Why is this thread still alive, and why am I posting on it at 3:27 AM when I have to get up at 8:00 AM to go to work?

J: Why do marine's not have to reload? I know I already asked this, but I got bulls--t responses. There is no "cinematic suspense" thing to make it seem all cool during a cinematic to see a marine reload. No. If Marines can run out of ammo right when they really need it in Cinematics (which usually ends up getting someone important killed) then they can run out of ammo in the game too. Fuck you. That's not lore IMO.

K: Why can't ghosts use their Canister rifles in full-auto like Sarah Kerrigan did? I wiki'd the gun, and it can go full-auto, so don't just say Sarah's C-10 was mod'ed, cause it f--kin wasn't. It was just a ordinary, every day, joe's C-10 Full Auto / Single Shot C-10 Canister Rifle. Also don't say it does more damage when it's in single shot, cause it doesn't. The bullets fly at the same speed, going the same distance, hitting the same targets. If Ghosts could full-auto, there wouldn't even be a f--kin war. There would just be mass C-10s all over the place, kickin the shit out of whatever didn't listen to the Terran laws, including that fat whore of a Queen the Zerg love so much.

L: Why can't Kerrigan just stay human? I mean, I'm not into love stories or anything, but it f--kin sucks seeing Raynor being all alone and crusty cause he can't get the piece of tail he really wants. Like come on, Blizzard, we all know subconsciously you're just telling the world you're all virgins, and you can't get laid yourself (probably something to do with Zerg in the game, reflecting your ugly selves IRL) but make it a happy ending for once. KEEP HER HUMAN.

M: Why am I running out of letters in the alphabet to QQ with?

N: Why is Blizzard going to nerf BCs in patch 1.1? I mean like.. they f--kin suck when compared to a carrier. The only thing carrying them through that game is the god damn Yomato. Other than that, they suck in terms of cost and build time. To mass produce BCs in a decent time you gotta have like 5-6 god damn star ports, otherwise you get totally mauled. When you add up the cost of all that stuff, it AINT CHEAP. Especially considering the Toss can just use phase boost and outsource the same amount of carriers in like .77x the time, and the Carriers totally pwn in combat if the BCs don't have yomatos.
Edit: No, fuck that, even if the BCs do have yomatos, (lets say 10v10) it takes 2-3 yomato to kill a Carrier. After those Yomatos are used up, BCs suck cock. Those carriers will S-Target, and the Terrans will be screaming GG in the next few minutes. STOP NERFING TERRANS, START NERFING RUSHING PROTOSS Yeah, I said protoss, cause you know a Zealot rush sucks 10x worse than a ling rush. Lings drop like flies, and do barely any damage. 3-4 lots can drop a supp dep and kill the defending marines with ease. And even if they don't, they buy a hell of a lot more time for that toss player to outsource waaayyy more units.
Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, 10 lings take the same time to build as 4-5 lots with chrono boost. Yeah, it's chrono boost, not phase boost. I screwed up somewhere up there ^ but I'm too lazy to find it and change it, so don't correct me. I'll kill you.

O: When Kerrigan was surrounded by Zerg, why didn't she just noob spray and kill everything around her? I mean she magically doesn't need to reload anyways, may as well just copy some CoD fags and spin in circles, killing everything within 100 ft.

Yeah, have fun answering to that logic.
Don't be giving me any random bull shit excuses you pulled off the top of your head either, I want troo fuckin faks. Get wiki links or sumshit.

Level 27
In piercing the shroud mission you get special advanced grenade types that are effective against zerg and protoss, not like old ones.

Marines can't have the medical regenerators because these use huge amounts of energy, meaning that marine or would have to turn of the gauss in his rifle, making it much less penetrating, or to carry one more micro fusion reactor which would decrease the mobility.

Warfield was attacked by hydralisk, but hydralisk not shoot those needles or whatever, instead he attacked Warfield with his... limb, which means Warfield's arm was completely poisoned by those toxins, beccause of what an arm muscle necrosis started. It could be cured by medics but Wafield was just damn not in a mood to go to doctor, so his arm was replaced with an expensive cybernetic arm that's just too expensive to be used on every injured marine in middle of battlefield.

Level 12
if you guys are going to go bitch & cock about starcraft...
you guys seriously need some fucking help. nuff said.

PS: oh and i cant be fucking arsed to answer nearly any questions you guys have. most of em are mostly retarded and a fucking 3yo could answer them.

get laid.

Level 3
1. Why didn't Mengsk just have Kerrigan neurally resocialized?
2. Why are enormous crystals containing every element necessary to build a suit of power armor sticking out of the ground on every planet in the sector?
3. When a capital ship is destroyed, why don't it's remains crush everything underneath it? Do they just evaporate?
4. Why don't banelings have eyes?
5. Why didn't the UED do a better job of protecting the psi emitter?
6. If the zerg can't infest protoss because of "the fortitude of the khala", Why are dark templar immune? Why haven't the zerg figured out that they can cut the protoss off from the khala by severing their nerve tendrils?
7. How did Tosh not sense Nova sneaking onto his ship when she came to kill him?
8. Why did Zeratul need to remind Artanis of the Terrans' involement in the assault on the overmind? Being the executor at the time, wasn't he in command of both the terran and protoss forces?
9. If the overmind was only misunderstood, why didn't Zeratul find out when he merged minds with it after killing Zasz?
10. If Mengsk was in control of the system's within Tychus's power armor, why was he not aware of the assault on Valhalla?
11. Now that Kerrigan is no longer infested, isn't the universe doomed? If she didn't need to be infested to save the universe in the first place, why did the overmind even bother?

Level 26
1. Why didn't Mengsk just have Kerrigan neurally resocialized?
She was Mengsk's second-in-command, dude.
2. Why are enormous crystals containing every element necessary to build a suit of power armor sticking out of the ground on every planet in the sector?
Apparently the minerals are melted down to create alloys, armors, etc.
3. When a capital ship is destroyed, why don't it's remains crush everything underneath it? Do they just evaporate?
They explode and magic helps everyone avoid the debris.
4. Why don't banelings have eyes?
Mutation ain't perfect.
5. Why didn't the UED do a better job of protecting the psi emitter?
I'm assuming you mean the Psi Disruptor. Well, its power was cut, so Kerrigan was able to take control of the Zer—wait, this isn't SC2!
6. If the zerg can't infest protoss because of "the fortitude of the khala", Why are dark templar immune? Why haven't the zerg figured out that they can cut the protoss off from the khala by severing their nerve tendrils?
Dark templar would instead embrace the Void.
7. How did Tosh not sense Nova sneaking onto his ship when she came to kill him?
Nova's a master of stealth as well.
8. Why did Zeratul need to remind Artanis of the Terrans' involement in the assault on the overmind? Being the executor at the time, wasn't he in command of both the terran and protoss forces?
The executor doesn't run the Terran forces. Raynor and Mengsk do.
9. If the overmind was only misunderstood, why didn't Zeratul find out when he merged minds with it after killing Zasz?
I'd assume the psionic link they shared was only partial, as the cerebrate was only a middle man between the two, and all the Overmind learned was the location of Aiur.
10. If Mengsk was in control of the system's within Tychus's power armor, why was he not aware of the assault on Valhalla?
lolidk. This is one hell of a plot hole. If Tychus had direct contact with Mengsk, why the hell weren't any of Raynor's moves anticipated?
11. Now that Kerrigan is no longer infested, isn't the universe doomed? If she didn't need to be infested to save the universe in the first place, why did the overmind even bother?
I'm pretty sure she's not completely deinfested, and she is still just as psionically potent as before.

The next campaign is also going to be zerg, so shit's about to go down.

Level 3
I'm assuming you mean the Psi Disruptor. Well, its power was cut, so Kerrigan was able to take control of the Zer—wait, this isn't SC2!
Still, they could have guarded it using units with tech higher than tier 2.
The executor doesn't run the Terran forces. Raynor and Mengsk do.
I think I can remember a few missions in which the executor commanded Raynor. The hunt for tassadar, the trial of tassadar, and eye of the storm.
If you just sit back and let Raynor run his Raiders in "Eye of the Storm" the Terrans will get overrun by the zerg.

Level 3
12. If Kerrigan is the only person in the universe capable of stopping the Hybrids, Why did Samir Duran help her regain power by siding with her against the UED?
13. Why wasn't Aldaris informed when Fenix's body was teleported to the dragoon factory?
14. Until he received the brain crystal from Zeratul, Raynor didn't know about the hybrids. Why didn't he include a remake of "Dark Origin" in the collection of memories he assembled?
15. When the Dominion figured out that Raynor's Raiders were attacking the train, why didn't they unload the confederate adjutant?
16. Being the most adaptive race in the galaxy, how were the zerg unable to survive being sunburned on meinhoff?
17. What were the colossi Zeratul found on Aiur doing during the last war?

Level 26
12. If Kerrigan is the only person in the universe capable of stopping the Hybrids, Why did Samir Duran help her regain power by siding with her against the UED?
It's not a matter of saving Kerrigan; It's a matter of taking down the UED. You see, the Hybrids' objective is to take control of the Zerg, and they can't do that if the UED or Kerrigan lead the Zerg instead.
13. Why wasn't Aldaris informed when Fenix's body was teleported to the dragoon factory?
Dramatic effect. Also, still not SC2 :p
14. Until he received the brain crystal from Zeratul, Raynor didn't know about the hybrids. Why didn't he include a remake of "Dark Origin" in the collection of memories he assembled?
Was there any need to?
15. When the Dominion figured out that Raynor's Raiders were attacking the train, why didn't they unload the confederate adjutant?
I don't know. I guess they figured they needed to get it out ASAP before Raynor could build a large enough force to take down the base and take the adjutant either way.
16. Being the most adaptive race in the galaxy, how were the zerg unable to survive being sunburned on meinhoff?
The zerg aren't vulnerable; the infested terrans are. I'm sure their adaptive capabilities aren't as flexible. We're also not entire sure how fast or anything zerg adaptive capabilities are.
17. What were the colossi Zeratul found on Aiur doing during the last war?
?

Level 26
Colossi were ancient tools of war that were put to rest on the planet after they were deemed too destructive. They go way back, and they've only started using them again recently.

Level 5
The colossi date back to the first contact of the protoss with another species besides of the Zerg or the Xel'Naga, the Kalathi. The Kalathi started a civil war, and when the protoss tried to stop them, the Kalathi just turned against them. Since there were nearly no protoss military pressence in the planet, the protoss scientists built the colossus to fight for them. When the war ended with most of the Kalathi dead, the construction of colossus units was prohibited and the existing units were sealed and put on stand-by, waiting for an activation order.

Level 2
Roaches are resistant (not immune) to radiation, not nuclear blasts.

Whats not logical is that nukes don't leave a radiation field that lasts for an eternity (or they do but EVERYTHING is resistant to it).

Level 5
Whats not logical is that nukes don't leave a radiation field that lasts for an eternity (or they do but EVERYTHING is resistant to it).

Well, since everything survives to solar radiation, I think they actually do.
The Zerg only have to implement that resistance in all their brood's DNA.
The Protoss shield technology can stop nearly anything as long as they still have energy.
About the humans... we already have materials that can resist radiation, and SC takes place in the far future.

Level 2
Well, since everything survives to solar radiation, I think they actually do.
The Zerg only have to implement that resistance in all their brood's DNA.
The Protoss shield technology can stop nearly anything as long as they still have energy.
About the humans... we already have materials that can resist radiation, and SC takes place in the far future.

Yup, thats what I said! Everything being resistant to it.

Level 2
Offtopic: Why should they close this thread? If anything they should bann you for trolling, and massive LOL at the guy saying threadnecroing.

Are you so bitter that you must insist on being a-holes at any given opportunity?

Ok, I'm just talking out of my ass. Please close every thread on these boards since replying to any of them would be necroing, amirite?

Ontopic: Don't know if anyone said this already but it's funny how the engineers who built the Phoenix, Banshee and Viking insisted on them being restricted to only shooting air or ground.

Level 8
Offtopic: Why should they close this thread? If anything they should bann you for trolling, and massive LOL at the guy saying threadnecroing.

Are you so bitter that you must insist on being a-holes at any given opportunity?

Ok, I'm just talking out of my ass. Please close every thread on these boards since replying to any of them would be necroing, amirite?

Ontopic: Don't know if anyone said this already but it's funny how the engineers who built the Phoenix, Banshee and Viking insisted on them being restricted to only shooting air or ground.

"bann you for trolling"

Me? Trolling? Bullshit, I haven't trolled anyone. :angry::angry:

EDIT: Ontopic: Why can't the Thor and the tanks and all the other big vehicles crush the infantry? :O

Level 8
if every terran infantry is one guy in a armored suit why Marauder takes 2 supply spaces?
Could it mean there are 2 people in one suit!!C:vw_wtf:

note: ghost supply cost can be explained though. When we order ghost we also get "another guy" who is his personal nuke guide. Ghost suite takes 50 minerals, everything else is used to make a house in space for the "other guy".

Level 8
if every terran infantry is one guy in a armored suit why Marauder takes 2 supply spaces?

note: ghost supply cost can be explained though. When we order ghost we also get "another guy" who is his personal nuke guide. Ghost suite takes 50 minerals, everything else is used to make a house in space for the "other guy".

No, it's just that the Marauder is so damn fat, he needs two portions of supplies of him :D:D

Level 26
How come flying jets never land? :D:D Don't they run out of fuel?
Perhaps fusion generators?
Because it's a bigger suit?
No.
I'm not quite sure you grasp the concept of supply.

Protip: It's not a euphemism for "people".
There is always one more hole :D
Sound advice for life.

Level 12
1: I hurd u liek mudkipz
2: I hurd you NECRO /CAST REVIVE ON DEM THREADS.

Die. All of you.

so i heard someone needs anger management.
if you cant talk good about people, then buzz off and...well thats about it.

(PS: i know from experience)

ON-TOPIC:
Q: why can the flying zerg units fly? i mean, mutalisks i understand for they got wings, but overlords, broodlords, corruptors, overseers?
+ not to mention, overlords can CARRY BIG UNITS too!

my thought? apparently in the future mutated fishes can fly, giant gas balloons are living...overseers? fuck if i know :l

EDIT: oh lol, you sigged that quote of elfian, MSBB :D

Level 4
1.)
protoss could probably kill everybody with their tehnology
2.)
how can zargs go trough space with wings??
3.)
terrans could just nuke things without going in battle with marines
4.)
minerals could be auto-harvested....
5.)
how can hydralist attack battlecruiser ??
6.)
would you like to come back for ammo when you dont have it?
7.)
how can SCV repair ships in air?
8.)
... -.-

1) They can't.
2) According to lore, the zerg use massive space creatures called behemoths I think, which is what the overmind initially infested to leave the zerg home planet. Haven't found pics though...
3) hmm... Well the small nukes need ghosts to paint a target or they are extremely inaccurate. Large scale nukes are REALLY expensive and cause massive damage to the planet (think of Korhal).
4) Auto-harvested? If you mean mules, they cost power and stuff and are alraedy used anyways. Scv's are probably cheaper. Also I always wondered why not just give more than 50 mins at start of mission >.>
5) Maybe it shoots SUPER far :)
Seriously though better question : How does a gun take out an interstellar space vessel o.o
6) The shoulders for the marines are full of ammo, besides they probably die before they use all the ammo (they usually dont get more than 3-4 kills if you win)
7) Beats me, probably lowers itself
8) Just use your imagination :D

Status
Not open for further replies.