• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Custom Map Patcher (Play with friends!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
First off, I take no credit for this. All credit goes to Coldragon and Daimakaicho (of sc2mapster.com) for the creation of this. <Original link>

As far as I know, this should be okay to use. If someone thinks that this may cause a ban then say so, but from what I've heard this is completely fair.

Here is the information on the patcher:

Custom Map Patcher is a tool that allows you to play custom map on Battle.net. (EACH PLAYERS MUST DO THAT) Do this process for all the friends you want to play with:

* Create the map "Lost Temple" on Battle.net and everyone join it
* Launch the map patcher
* Select the map you want to play and click "Patch"
* Go back to SC2 and start the game

Go to the link for the download (top of the page). As far as computer safety, this does not have any viruses, no keyloggers, nothing. However, this was only my AVG Free that did the scanning.

If you do notice any malicious activity going on, please tell me, and I will remove the link.

Just thought I'd help some people out!

Level 5
Will this screw up me laddering or playing melee games if I do it?

Maybe if the process is explained, you'll understand why it's not malicious.

Blizzard only wants you to play the ladder maps right now, but you can host custom games with them. From what I understand, this program deletes the Lost Temple map and replaces it with a copy of your map, named Lost Temple. This tricks the game and allows you to host the wrong map (yours). Clicking restore when you're done resets the process. Nothing is permanently changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.