• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW models in SC2; Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I tried to search for another topic here that I can base my issue off of, but I've had no luck.
So if anyone can redirect me to a topic or answer my question, I'd be happy.

I managed to get Queen Azshara (World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 4.3) model into Starcraft 2 map editor with the animations I should desire most.
All was good when I got my model swapped out, and I managed to set up the standing pose. The issue I am now presented with is setting up the other animations. I've tried reading guides, but many seem outdated or move very quickly and it is confusing to slow them down.

Attack animation is not working
Movement animation is not working

Also, since I'm a huuuuge noob, is there a way to make custom spells/abilities? I'm trying to find:

A fireball (WoW sort of style)
An ability that when cast on others, will make them on your team
An ability like holy light from WC3
An arrow auto-attack

And that's all I need for now. If I posted this in the wrong spot, please tell me. And if there's anything I can do to repay whoever helps(if anyone), let me know.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Also, since I'm a huuuuge noob, is there a way to make custom spells/abilities? I'm trying to find:
Data editor. You can use triggers to enhance this with further functionality if the functionality offered is not enough.

A fireball (WoW sort of style)
You will probably want a missile for this. No idea what WoW style is though.

An ability that when cast on others, will make them on your team
Take ideas from neural parasite of the infestor which does this already but is channeled. Be aware that the ownership change will always change to that of the casting unit.

An ability like holy light from WC3
You can either use a triggered end step to deal the damage or heal depending on unit type or you will need to run both effects in parallel with a validator to block the one you do not want to happen.

An arrow auto-attack
Look at the hydralisk for example. It already shoots spines as an auto attack which are arrow like. To make the arrow arc realisticly you might need to change the mover of the missile unit to a balistic one (use gravity to control the arc).

Level 1
Thank you for what you've offered :D
Although this next part will make me seem even worse.
I don't understand triggers.
I've tried them over and over again, and I can never seem to get them right.
But I am still so greatful. ^.^

Level 1
If you don't understand how to create the abilities, I can help you with it.

That would be greatly appreciated!

But I still need to know how to set up models and animations so they aren't durp. :\ Anyone happen to know anything aboot that?

Status
Not open for further replies.