• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Questions regarding shift command (Queue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, if the below questions are answered, please redirect me. I have tried searching but couldn't find anything.

1. Is there a way to disable shift command entirely?
2. Is there a way to allow the below to not break a queue (shift command)?
- An ability that calls an effect
- An effect (issue order), that orders to cast another ability

Thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. Is there a way to disable shift command entirely?
I do not know of any such way.

- An ability that calls an effect
Look at instant cast abilities such as the Battlecruiser shield or Sentry Force Field. Both of these will cast the instant the ability is pressed and not interrupt orders.

- An effect (issue order), that orders to cast another ability
Trigger enhance the effect. You can order the unit to queue the order I think.

Level 9
@All
Thanks for the replies

@Dr Super Good
I don't think I can use instant cast abilities if I need a target as what I am trying to achieve is basically masking the load/unload spell with a progress bar.

A side question, Data editor can do a lot of things, but sometimes Triggering it is just easier. If I can make it in either in Data or Trigger, which do I choose?

@Muhahahahaaa
What i am trying to do is creating a dummy "effect - target" spell to mask over load/unload for cargo. I give the dummy spell a cast time and to show progress bar, since load/unload doesn't have that flag.

In the end, after the dummy spell is done casting, it will issue an order to the hidden load/unload to load the targeted unit by the dummy spell.

In short, I want a casting bar (progress bar) for load/unload.

Level 9
that's easy.
load: dummy ability with target unit. this dummy ability has a casting time. the effect of the ability is an issue oder effect with unit: caster and target: target that orders the caster to load the target.
unload: instant ability with casting time, effect same as above just with unload

i would do everything in data if it is possible. less error prone

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks for the help. I manage to get it working. Also i manage to make it not break when a shift click is issued right after casting the spell.

For those who want to know, under the ability of issue order that is called after the casting effect, there is a flag:
(Basic) Effect: Command Flags+
- Check Preempt
This will ensure this order will be before the queue order (shift click to do something else)

OR

-Check Queue
If you want the effect to be done after doing the queue order

OR

- Don't check anything
This will break and not call the "issue order" ability

Status
Not open for further replies.