• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Adding orders to the queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When playing in game, you can queue up attack orders by shift-clicking. Is there any way to utilize this feature from within a trigger?

What I mean is... if you Issue an Order, then follow that with another order, the unit will simply cancel the first order to carry out the 2nd order. Is there a way to queue up orders without having to creating your own order queing system (ie. use what's already built into the game when shift-clicking)?

Sorry if there is a simple answer to this but I've searched for over an hour using different key words and can't find this question anywhere.

Regards

Level 10
i have the same trouble as you, Im tryig to do an artificial inteligence for the workers, and they need to queue their tasks, no other way.
I wonder if it has to do with the order strings like: "move", "stop".
the animations, when looping are named "stand loop", "attack loop"
I wonder if there is an attachment to the order string to queue it until the current order is finished.
sorry for my helpless post, I just wanted to make this more urgent for people who know it to answer... :p

Level 9
Try this, after u have done editing/modifying all the unit's data in the Object editor
-Export the data into a seprate file via the File>Export All Object Data
-Go to the AI editor in the WE (press F8)
-Import Object data into it (look in bottom left, should be an Import button)
-Edit the AI however you want then save it.
-Import the AI data to map
-Add the trigger action AI- Start AI (Im not sure what the exact name is, can't open WE atm)
Let me know how that turn out

Level 4
That might work in specific circumstances, but doesn't facilitate queued attack or waypoint commands.

I've started creating my own command queue system. The problem is its a bit tedious having to keep track of target objects as well as the unit issued the command (while also making it general enough to export to other maps without having to reference specific objects). I was hoping I could avoid writing so much code since the game already has this feature "somewhere" internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.