• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to prevent "Backswing Animation's Cancelation."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I hope the title is clear enough.

Many advance hero arena players usually cancel the backswing animation to save time and for better maneuver, but I feel this technique very annoying. You may hear terms like orb walking, shift queue... they just create a unnecessary gap between veteran and newbie.

I need a system to force a unit to finish its backswing animation after it passed cast point/damage point. A unit must play its whole backswing animation even if the player issue a command during the animation or there is a command in the shift queue.

Player are only able to cancel the unit action by issue a different command before the casting/damage point. After that point, backswing animation can only be interupted by disable or death...

Level 20
It's impossible unless you remove the ownership of the unit for the duration of the backswing. You just can remove it like Vladadamm suggested.

Level 2
Set the backswing time to 0.000 in object editor really has no effect to the gameplay.

In case I remove the ownership of a unit for the duration of the backswing, does it result in deselecting the unit?

Level 20
You could also make "A unit finishes casting an ability" for triggered abilities, so, the player has to reach the end of the animation for the ablity to take effect, else, looses time and mana

Status
Not open for further replies.