• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cast point and cast backswing reals through trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there any reason this isn't working? I've done similar GUI triggers that changed attack range and it was successful.

I'd like to be able to modify a unit's Castpoint and Cast backswing through obtaining an item.

The trigger itself works, it's the two actions regarding the castpoint and cast backswing that do not work.

• broom handle blue
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of Protection +5
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Hero manipulating item) is A melee attacker) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set Unit: (Hero manipulating item)'s Real Field: Animation - Cast Backswing ('ucbs') to Value: ((Unit: (Hero manipulating item)'s Real Field: Animation - Cast Backswing ('ucbs')) - 1.00)
          • Unit - Set Unit: (Hero manipulating item)'s Real Field: Animation - Cast Point ('ucpt') to Value: ((Unit: (Hero manipulating item)'s Real Field: Animation - Cast Point ('ucpt')) - 1.00)
        • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Level 14
Hmm. I messed around with this.

Not sure what the problem is, but if you use Thunderclap with the delay changed it works just fine.

However, it does not work for Storm Bolt. Hopefully someone knows the engine constraints or trick required to get target spells to work.

Attachments

• anim_delay_test.w3m
    12.9 KB · Views: 23
Level 3

Not sure what the problem is, but if you use Thunderclap with the delay changed it works just fine.

However, it does not work for Storm Bolt. Hopefully someone knows the engine constraints or trick required to get target spells to work.
Thank you! This is quite helpful and something I should've considered before.

I've noticed some of the Set Unit Real Field actions are really finicky and you need to do a few extra steps/tricks to get it to work.

Level 13

On the first test everything worked as one would expect (both spells worked fine with a 3s cast point), then I tested again and Thunder Clap wasn't obeying the new cast point... probably just a buggy function :p

Status
Not open for further replies.