• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
the%20hive%20workshop.png

paired.png
modeling.png
texturing.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png

img_4117_warcraft_undy_450x360.jpg

Contest Theme: Warcraft Hero

Contestants are to team up with 1 partner to form a team of 1 3D modeler and 1 2D Texture Artist. This team must create a custom model and texture working together. They must create a Warcraft Hero. A Model that fits into the Warcraft 3 lore and can be used as a hero unit

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

Generic Rules:
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • No more and no less than 2 people per team.
    • Exactly one 3D modeler and one 2D artist per team.
  • The 2D artist may not aid the 3D modeler with his work, and visa versa.
  • Any sort of teamwork, except direct aid in the field of the other team member's work, is allowed.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The files in the appropriate format.
3D Rules:
  • If a submission does not follow the model submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Must contain the following animations, and more if possible:
    • Attack
    • Stand
    • Spell
    • Walk
    • Death
    • Dissipate
2D Rules:
  • If a submission does not follow the skin submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any texture does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s)
    • Modeling Score shall be taken out of 50 points
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (how well it the texture UV mapped?)
      • 10 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
    • Texturing Score shall be taken out of 50 points
      • 20 points for shading and highlights (consistent light source? does it look 3D? appropriate tactile "texture"?)
      • 10 points for Originality (has it been done before? Is it recognizable? Good concept?)
      • 20 points for detail (how defined is the skin? Is it blurry? Does it add depth and character to otherwise flat or bland parts of the mesh it is wrapped on?)
    • Overall Game Mechanics will be taken out of 10 points
      • 10 points for Game mechanics (does the model reference the skin correctly, are the animations or particle emitters glitchy? Are the animations smooth? Does the model crash the game? Can you (click) select it? Is the mesh "auto-shaded correctly"?, etc...)
    • Overall "Synergy" will be taken out of 10 points
      • 10 points for "Synergy" (do the texture and model fit together well? does the texture compliment the model and vice-versa, or do they look out of place? Creatively put together?)
      [*]40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.[*]Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 5 weeks after the contest is started.
    The contest shall begin on Saturday, August 7th and conclude on Sunday, September 19th, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT

judges.png

Tell us if you want to judge!

1. Supa-
    2. Infinitynexus

entries.png

I will list the participants here as they enter

If you are looking for a partner, you can find one here by signing up
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/model-texture-contest1-recruitment-175269/#post1668522

Team
    Name
    3D Model
    Artist
    2D Texture
    Artist
    Project
    Awesome
    Sauce
    AnarchianbedlamDionesiistWork In Progress
    Green
    Quality
    Debodel0w_kwaliti

Elite Siege Engine (Complete)

Team #3General FrankM0rbid

Human Executioner (Complete)

Pink
    Balloons
    Mr. BobStanakin Skywalker

Bandit Berzerker (Complete)

Team #5CallahanIke_Ike
    Team #6DevinePyramidhe@d
    Dusty
    Chrome
    DonDustin67Chrome

Work In Progress

Edgar
    Allen Poe
    FanDarkdeathknight

Work In Progress

Team #9tee.dubskazzo
    Team #10Rao Dao ZaoA.R.
    Brazilian
    Force
    HappyCockroach4eNNightmare

Death Mistress (Complete)

Team
    Obviously
    t-revellion-tJust_Spectating

JohanusFoul (Complete)

Team #13SelleniskoZadelim

Disqualified for CnP Texture

Team "number 1"Skrabviiva

Dwarf Monk Pilgrim (Complete)

Team #15ikillforeyoushiik

Work In Progress

Those currently waiting for a partner

Team
    Name
    3D Model
    Artist
    2D Texture
    Artist
    Team #16Yayoi
    Team #17Just Spectating
    Team #18Sir Elandor
    Team #19Gnoobsauce
    Team #20

Last edited:
Level 26
It was discussed and decieded among some of the mods/modelers/texturers that this contest should begin now before summer ends for most people. It makes sense now that modeling contest 17 is over and all we are waiting for are poll results.

If you are looking for a partner, a recruitment thread will be open for 1 week, you can find the link above in the first post

Can you please change the criteria to something more appropriate? The texture needs to be half of the points, seeing how it's a paired texture/modeling competition, so each person has even point responsibility. Also, can you get rid of the line "...(or how well Blizzard skins have been used)" It doesn't make much sense in this situation.
Good luck everyone. I'm hoping to see some mighty good model coming out of this.

Level 26
I think it should be like this:

• 15 points mesh,
  • 10 points anims,
  • 5 points effects,
  • 30 points texture(this will be divided by the judging criterias of the texturing contests),
  • 5 points mechanics and
  • 5 points creativity

Level 9
I put my money on Green Quality, though Awesome Sauce sure sound like they've got something big coming.

Level 7
Thats what you think but when I get my texturer I'll give it my all ^^

Is it so? I declare war on you! HA! I'll join the contest then too! I'll make an Hero, carrying 30 hammers, and 1 dagger, make him carry the armor not even nukes can make a scratch, When he burps, it'll create sumthin' like Atomic atmospheric cloud that devours even shit (^^), Archimonde with his Divine armor and powers looks like me singing compared to Benjamin Burnley singing, We'll make the texture be better than the texture my mesh uses in real life, he'll eat thunder, and crap lightning... wait... it's otherwise, eat lightning, and crap thunder. Terminator, Tony Montana, Rocky = pussies compared to this guy, I'll make an animation that rick rolls other units in Warcraft 3...

2.5 seconds later...
Ah... I forgot I don't even know how to animate and make models... And my texturing abilities are... well... humble. I suppose I'll need more practice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.