• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Mhm, was damned budy in RL; progress was damned slow. We proably won't need an extension, though, we would need to rush the whole model/texture and the results would be not that good :/ I personally would like to have an extension, though, it hopefully won't be that big problem if it doesn't happen.

anywayz, here is a WIP of the bitch. when I rush it, will going to finish her tomorrow:
BpdyWIPZ.jpg

Level 16
You're doing the complete opposite. The big things should take a large part of the texture while the small things should take a small part of the texture... The whole body is wrapped over like 1\10 of the texture.

The body haven't do yet. He use it as temporary until I make the body for the model. The progress only 15% only. We haven't finish at the modeling. Still in unbalance and buggy state. The cape texture is for in front and the back.

Level 51
Anywayz =P Here's the last WIP of my model. It's nearly finished, head is also finished (but not seen), hat still to come, also a belt is also to come + maybe a necklace. and it is also everything wrapped until yet. Only need to merge the last things together and rig it tomorrow =) then darkdeathknight can finally start with the texture :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• LastWip.JPG
    LastWip.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 432
159652-albums2494-picture34407.jpg

159652-albums2494-picture34406.jpg

I going for the shoulder now.

im sorry to say it, but that entire wrap is just completely retarded. the sword is just wayy bigger than the body when it really shouldn't be... and why all the extra space? the idea is to organize the model and its wrap FIRST and then do the texture. Not, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Level 31
zadelim, your work flow is messed up.

You should be modeling in this order.

1. Concept (2d artist.)
2. Mesh (3d artist.)
3. UVW (3d artist or 2d artist)
4. Texture (2d artist)
5. Rig (3d artist.)
6. Animations (3d artist)
7. Effects, sounds etc (3d artist or 2d artist)

Atleast, that's what we're doing.

Level 31
No one is disputing wether or not he can or can't model in the order he choses. I personally don't give a crap what order he does it in. Doesn't mean I won't point out it's flaws.

Making the texture before the UVW is normally silly. Unless your working with a simple model. You'll end up with disproportions, and stretching.

Level 31
I mean if your working with a duo. In your case, your making the model, so your UVW is in your brain. You can also adjust the model to the texture. Still not a good idea though.

All in all, the standard operation for a team is Mesh then UVW then Texture. But again, it varies depending on the complexity of the model and stuff. It's not the only way of doing it, but it sure is the most common.

I'm not saying what he is doing is against the rules, or it won't work. I'm saying it normally produces stretching and disproportions. Keep in mind I said he "should" change his modeling order, not he "must".

Last edited:
Level 3
These have become really awesome. I likes the tank a lot, great dwarf hero idea. although a bit too similar to a regular tank in my eyes.

Level 26
chrome is also already doing the texture for our model, but I told him what kind of perspective he should use for most of the parts and he is working on a pre-existing blizzard wrap right now, because the way they did it is quite nice and i don't have a problem to make a good wrap out of it.

Level 12
chrome is also already doing the texture for our model, but I told him what kind of perspective he should use for most of the parts and he is working on a pre-existing blizzard wrap right now, because the way they did it is quite nice and i don't have a problem to make a good wrap out of it.

Damn I'd like to see a WIP for that so bad.

Level 38
Damn I'd like to see a WIP for that so bad.

Fine. Be that way XD

163958-albums1325-picture34473.jpg

And yes, I did start over from scratch for the face rather than using one of my other archer faces. Curses to that rule were you can't use any existing work XD.
I have to admit I like how it turned out though. I'll add face paint and blood splatters later, this is a WIP after all :p

Anyways, this is pretty much all of what I've done on the skin so far using the archer's wrap as a base. As DonDustin hinted I have worked on a few other bits and pieces, though it will be up to him to show most of them, and hopefully by then I'll have more of the texture done as well.

Level 23
The face truly has the look of an Amazon warrior.
Just a small detail thing, (very small detail) That piece of bone (You know, the one that connects the shoulder blades with that chest bone, Keybone it's called literrally translated from my language (Dutch)) It looks too fused together, like it's one long bone, while it's not in reality, as I said, a minor detail =3.

Level 26
67Chrome: Ya, the collarbone (clavicle) looks like a line
10clav190.2.jpg

Revellion/Bob: It's ok for t-revellion-t to post an update on his team's progress Bob. But Mr.Bob's point was well made. So i would appreciate it if you would refrain from insulting him t-revellion-t... or anyone else while we're at it. Thanks

And speaking of WIPs and progress, seeing as we've only had a few WIPs out of the 13 teams. An extension is looking plausible. BUT DON'T USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE! I'd like to see some more progress :p, hurry hurry!

Last edited:
Level 38
Lol, ya the collar bone does look a little weird, I didn't realize there was enough room to place it there until I was messing around with how the skin wrapped so that was sort of a last minute edition. The nose is starting to bug me how to. Anyways, does anyone else have any WIPs to show?

Here I have a tiny Wip thingy. Fan wanted a separate sword texture so I made one. It's tiny but then again, its not like a sword from Final Fantasy where it has 50000 polys and transforms into a gun.
Clicky Click!

BTW 67Chrome/DonDustin, if you're doing an amazonian shouldn't the person have one breast? and if its not an amazonian im sorry, Im not following the thread.

Level 38
BTW 67Chrome/DonDustin, if you're doing an amazonian shouldn't the person have one breast? and if its not an amazonian im sorry, Im not following the thread.

Were doing a barbarian, which is a much broader category than amazon. That way we don't have to worry about the ritualistic removal of a breast so our warrior is more adept at firing a bow from horseback, dual wielding is more her thing anyways :D

cool sword btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.