• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
IMO anarchy's rushing the contests way too much. there should be a recruitment week, or something like that.
I'm still looking for a partner (talking to some hive friends) and got some uni shit to do, and next month begins with the deadline already. :/
then people complain about extensions.
not saying that the contest lasts too little, but the contest intervals are minimum.

Just send everyone you know and everyone on the list a PM. ONE of them is bound to respond. :p

I mean I found my partner my simply ruffling through the pages in the skin section, found L0w's orc berserker, remember about l0w_kwaliti and sent him a PM. Tough it did took me a while to find a partner, had to go through Mr.Goblin(who is busy with his own WC3 projects) and 67chrome(who responded AFTER me and l0w became partners :p) first.

Plus... School starts next month for most. This is why the contest was hosted NOW and not after the 17th contest's results were shown.

The tank's wrapped now. Time to animate it and texture it.

2zflhec.png

Level 5
InfinateAnswers, enough of 'it's a pig . Ha-ha.' please.

The model is still under development, if it turns out looking like a pig or the weird storekeeper on your avatar for example, they'll change it to their liking. There is no need to argue over pigfaced wolves, or wolfheaded pigfaces (lol wut?)
Nobody should care about such details until the model is finished imo, it's just useless and annoying, in addition to that, it doesn't belong in a contest thread.It's 'off-topic'.

Level 26
No, i dont know what a pig is, i always thought bacon came from zebras. [/sarcasm]

That is a picture of a boar that i posted, because boars look more badass than retarded domesticated pigs

0511-0901-1102-1830_Silhouette_of_a_Pig_with_Its_Snout_Down_clipart_image.jpg

Boar's are wild pigs, genetically similar/related except more rugged/beastial. Why would anyone put a pig head on a vehicle when they can put a boar or a warthog?

... now i gotta ask, do you know what a "pig" is? because that head on l0w_kwaliti's tank looks nothing like a pig of any sort. the snout is too long and it isnt wrinkled, and his has a nose, not a snout

Level 26
next wip. I 'm not that happy about the proportions/shape of the weapons/troll face and the heads seem quite high poly to me when I consider that they should just be some small eye candy, but on the other hand I think that they need a certain amount of detail, especially in a contest. Might try to reduce the face count of them once the model is finished.

Oh and the wrap is again just for presentation and to make it easier for me. It's neither perfect or finished

Attachments

• HeadsNWeapons.JPG
    HeadsNWeapons.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 396
Level 26
You'd almost expect it because of the team name huh? lol

Good wip mr.b, but i think it's the screenshot angle that makes it look disproportionate. Or maybe it's the tabard/loincloth, it kind of covers up part of the torso so you dont see where the groin ends and the hips begin., kind of give it a "penguin" effect. Im sure ingame and animated itl look fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.