• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Warcraft Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Walk and death wip
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• walk.gif
    walk.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 496
  • Death.gif
    Death.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 479
nice wip skrab.

btw guys, I don't know if I and my partner are gonna make it to the deadline...
we're from brazil, and we didn't have vacations by the time you guys had, so we couldn't dedicate so much time to the contest :/
also it was pretty rushed right after the other one, so I didn't recover myself from modelling fatigue xD

well... if there isn't gonna be much drama about it, we'd be asking for one more week of extension, thanks D:

Level 38
I love you debode :p.... i only wish that more people entered these contests to have fun :/

Heh, I entered this to have fun to. (though it is considerably more fun if you win against 10 entries instead of 1).

Anyways, my partner and I are running a little behind schedule, and we would benefit greatly from an extension if you could find it within yourself to grant another :)

Level 26
I'll be happy to extend the contest further, but i need to know if people are actually going to USE that extra time and not just dick around until the last minute and ask for ANOTHER extension :/. I realize that this is a difficult contest to work with schedule-wise.

Just to recap... we have 1 finished entry so far right? debode and l0w_kwaliti's?

Get working peoples!

EDIT: UPDATE!
The main post is now a monster clusterfuck of text. I added/modified the modeling/texturing judging criteria. And I also thought it would be nice to add a link to the MOST RECENT wip or finished entry for the contestants who bothered to post them. enjoy :D

... and also, please forgive me if i've forgotten anyone either in listing or Wip posting... it's such a huge post and there are so many pages in this contest now, it's easy to loose track of some people. Thanks!

:eek:n a personal note here:

Red Shift was shipped out to some war-torn battlefield and wont be back till november. Now, i'm not going to extend this contest till november :p lol. So I'm probably out of the contest.... That is, unless there's a skinner out there who didn't have a partner or who's modeler partner quit for some reason. No obligation, just a suggestion

have fun :D

Last edited:
Level 25
nice concept. I'm really exited to see how anarchian will manage it to create an organic model :D
m2, he will probably use animtransfer

btw. Today I managed to bake and refine the animations.
To do list: Animate (hair, beard, cloths), make bigger flail, make a portrait, add event objects, collision shape, make few particles... and more. I hope I'll be able to finish everything till the deadline.

I am more concerned for my partner, I haven't seen him online for a while now.

lol, looks a lot like ours x/
Not really. It just also happens to be undead and a girl :ogre_icwydt:

And when did joining a contest to have fun mean that you don't need to finish in time? Can we stop using the "I'm cool and you're obviously not" excuse to get extensions? Just give your reason for not finishing in time (procrastination/in a coma/etc.) and if no one else objects, or if the contest doesn't have enough entries, than that should be enough to get a small extension. So could we all please stop saying "I'm casual and you're Satan so I deserve an extension." The deadline is there for a reason.

I dare say the only similarities are the fact it's dead and female. Plus ours is a ghost..
heheh, it's alright... our model deliberated from our concept a little also, so ours is following now more like bard/rogue guidelines... while yours looks like a ghost assassin of some sort. :xxd:
oh shit, banshees sing. xD

EDIT: I didn't mean by saying that they look similar that you stole ideas or anything like that, it's just that having little variety in the entries can be quite disappointing sometimes heheh

:eek:n a personal note here:

Red Shift was shipped out to some war-torn battlefield and wont be back till november. Now, i'm not going to extend this contest till november :p lol. So I'm probably out of the contest.... That is, unless there's a skinner out there who didn't have a partner or who's modeler partner quit for some reason. No obligation, just a suggestion

have fun :D

Yeah, I'm thinking Cavman ditched, hasn't replied to me once yet.

Level 15
This concept of last minute extensions is ridiculous. For those who need to plan out time like myself it can be very distressing to drop everything and pick it up again, and I really don't have the time to deal with such last-minute changes. I asked about a week or two before the deadline but was dismissed at the time, now that i've had to abort it all i've got time to do work on it - but realistically not enough to finish it and therefore let my partner down. I don't really mean to have a whinge about my time management issues but more that last minute extensions are becoming a bit of a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.