• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #4 - Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Make tables with
[ table ] [ /table ] (without the spaces ofcourse)

To make a horizontal rules, place [r] (Row)
and to make a vertical rule, place [c] (Column)

You will get a table like

[ table ]
Team name: [c] Member #1: [c] Member #2:
[r] Mappadarz [c] hawk900 [c] spiwn
[ /table ]

The result will be:

Team name:
Member #1: Member #2:
Mappadarz hawk900 spiwn

Level 24
Ah. Thanks.

Team name:
Member #1: Member #2:
Mappadarz hawk900 spiwn

There we go.

EDIT:

Rules said:
Imports can be used, however you will not receive any marks for them, and all imports must be credited.

Is this only for artistic resources, or does it include code such as systems? For example: Are we allowed to modify an already existing inventory system? This is just theoretical at this stage.

Last edited:
Level 7
About the deadline. 5 weeks is MUCH too little in my opinion. And all these contests (even minigames, etc...) took over 5 weeks for those little projects. I recommend at least 10 weeks if you want to see some quality projects. (Me and my partner have a tremendously GREAT storyline going with our dungeon-esque game)

Is this only for artistic resources, or does it include code such as systems? For example: Are we allowed to modify an already existing inventory system? This is just theoretical at this stage.

You can use any existing resource as long as it's credited. As for editing it; You may, and it must still be credited, but try to only edit it to make it work for your map, no drastic changes.

Level 18
Loads of multiplayer Wc3 games have no real storyline for a reason: because it's multiplayer. If storyline would be a judgement point, then this would be unfair against people making MP maps.

I know MP maps can still have storylines, but they aren't as strong as SP storylines. MP is fun because you can play with creative thinking people instead of a computer controlled opponent, not the storyline. So I think a storyline may have an effect on the score, but MP games shouldn't be disadvantaged due to this.

Level 9
i disagree. too many MP maps don't have storys and it ruins the game, sure if its like tower defence or hero wars it's fine but even RPGs don't have forced storys. the reason the genre RPG was invented was because a long time ago games were just random do this then that with no explaination or reason, like pong a, then there were games where you had a story backing your actions up and you played a role in the story, like Zelda, (as hints the name Role Playing Game) sure zelda and pong are way far off in time but thats just an example. but MP RPGs don't even have roles to be, in what they call a story. if it's a dungeon romp i still believe it should be an RPG. so i think a story should be highly suggested, and maybe 5-10% judged.

Level 18
Sorry, but I really disagree that games that are made to be fun in general get less chance of a good rating then others, because their intentions are different. A storyline may be judged if it's a map that is about the story, but if it's not, then people should not get a disadvantage because they want to make a different kind of game. The contest does not require a storyline, so it should not be judged at all, or maybe only when people want their storyline to count a bit. The choice is still to Hawkwing.

Creativity and Gameplay both somehow covers the whole "storyline" part. An interesting story can both be a factor with the way the game functions (gameplay) and how creative and inventive your map is (creativity). No need for an entire category for storylines.

[16-30-26]
rankmod.gif
Hawkwing applauds the first person who actually understands.

I agree with Hawkwing, the deadline is 5 weeks and that is just how it is. If not enough people has submitted anything by then (I'd say a minimum of 3 submissions) an extension should be made.

@Mechmap - I don't think there's any restraints on the filesize for singleplayer. One of the perks of singleplayer is afterall the fact that you can go beyond 4mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.