• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I see JASS and vJASS as code, rather than triggers. Then again, I take one look at a vJASS script and my mind goes into overdrive. =/

OxygenD - if you do know vJASS and ZINC, I'll be sure to send you a test of your abilities to be assessed by Tukki. If not, then I'm afraid I'll have to decline your offer, but thank you anyway. ^.^

OpenOffice being downloaded now.

EDIT: I've decided that a lot of the planned things I wished to share in the actual thread will reveal too much, and I'd rather you guys found out for yourselves.

The thread will soon be updated with a proper features list, a recruitment tab and more screenshots. For those of you waiting for proper gameplay screenshots, you will just have to sit tight until Tukki returns to us this weekend.

Last edited:
Level 3
Requires AdictHelper (maybe it's Adic) and another compiler into JNGP

You probably should learn spelling first of all. And being a bit more formal.

Maybe he is not American, or English...
Just saying, your comment was a little bit, uhm, disrespectful (well, my viewpoint of course)
But anyways, this map is going to kick ass.

Level 17
Hey guys, just thought I'd update you on a few things.

I have OpenOffice fully functional, so I can soon begin working on a lot of the things I had planned on working on and get back on schedule.

Secondly, Pre Demo and Post Demo do not exist any more - the game is purely Demonstration, Alpha, Beta and Final. Due to this, the demo has been shortened (but still contains a lot of content) for players to review and test our current systems and then provide feedback, what needs changing, etc.

Below is a list of features in the demonstration, which we hope to have ready for you in the course of a few months. Features in the demo include:

• four classes with six abilities, six talents, exclusive sets and mechanics
  • two quest chains - the Shadows of the Past & Terror of the Tides
  • a glimpse into a hand-crafted, unique world torn by both mortal and god
  • the Undermarshes, a five-part dungeon with four phased boss encounters
  • easy-to-navigate inventory and spell interface to store and equip items and skills
  • introduction to event quests - the Battle of the Peak
  • a player vs. player scenario on a second map
  • custom death system with three ways of coming back to the world of the living
  • eight attributes to bolster your skills and performance
  • custom models for attachments and your heroes
  • an assortment of enemies with their own mechanics designed to challenge and surprise you
  • simple, team-based gameplay
  • taste of Conditions & ABuff systems in combat

For the demonstration, it is important for you to know that classes seen in the demo will be changed in the actual game - they are place-holders to fulfil the basic needs of the players.

Quests, systems, etc. in the demo will only reappear in the game if feedback from players regarding mentioned systems is positive. If not, systems will be changed depending on player and team consensus.

With this - I'd like to make it official. We are seeking eight lucky testers for the Closed Demo testing. Below is the application you must fill out:

WarCraft III Username:
Server:

... or ...

GArena Username (if):
Steam Username (if):

Timezone:
Mapping Experience:
Testing Experience:

What aspect of this project interests you enough to become a tester?
Are you a good critic?

I'd request that you all PM your applications to me under the subject Everwood. Testers will be announced a week from now, on Tuesday the 15th of March.

Testers must be able to speak proper English, or if not, have someone who can type for them.

Regards,

Wolfe

Level 22
Testers must be able to speak proper English, or if not, have someone who can type for them.

Ouch. Seems that I'm out of the question.

OT (On topic or Off topic?)

To Tukki:

Why ABuff, because of DamageEvent? J4L's buffstruct is much much easier (A) when you use Damage of course.

Life is going better and better now, maybe I can join this again. Start with a spell perhaps as that system I worked on, was fairly... "use your imagination" which I didn't have at that time.

Level 17
Tukki won't be back for a bit, so best to VM him. ^.^

Base, if you can, we'd love to have you back. You, and Adik. ^.^

Now, when I say 'proper English', I mean people who don't type like: "omg yea leik" and all of that. I understand that there are a fair amount of Europeans, and that English is not their first language, but I would prefer testers who can put together legible sentences.

Level 17
You obviously don't get what I'm saying, do you?

And no - he's about as north as you can get at the moment.

Level 17
I suppose so.

Over the course of the next week, Oziris and I will be designing the PvP Scenario which I mentioned before, reasoning behind why it is on a separate map and so forth.

At this point, I can only say that it will be a five versus five scenario (and below) that has three rounds and can be repeated.

Level 17
Online is very much preferred, as this is being designed for groups, not individuals.

Level 21
Isn't it multyplayer map demo? So naturally that would mean that group of people is needed until either AI or singleplayer mod is added. I could be wrong though. I would personally like to test out map but I am troubled with free time mostly so would be hard for me to play with designated group (in my case on garena).

Level 2
How was everyone's break? I've been gone for a good week and haven't checked up on the forum. Wow a lot of stuff has happened. Hope you guys keep moving forward! Good luck.

Level 17
Our testers have been chosen!

Below is a list, which will be posted on the OP when my school work starts to back off.

• RolePlaynGamer
  • GhostThruster
  • reisbro
  • Batopi
  • Stygian_Shadow
  • SanD3R
  • Dragonson

Which makes seven, despite me saying there would be eight (I got very little applications). In the next two weeks, these guys will gain access to our DropBox folder, and in the not-so-distant future, test the map with some of the developers.

To Testers: I would like you all to send me your email accounts (one that you can access) as it will be needed to invite you to our DropBox Folder.

In further news, the spotlight for myself has been put on items, and for the coding sector, quests and other gizmo's. Last night, we also spoke about our professions, and have managed to maintain a balance between the four professions gameplay-wise.

Some stuff to look forward to would probably be an upcoming test run Tukki, Oz and I will be doing. We'll try to get a video or something, or if not, some cool screenshots of some of the creeps, abilities, etc.

A few others things would be the upcoming thread update (of many) this weekend with our updated features list and a full overview of the Magus class.

Until then,

Wolfe

Level 2
Wow, I feel very privledged right now! Thanks for being chosen to test. Grats on everyone else! Can't wait!

Level 3
Yeah! I am so excited :D
I am so glad you guys put me in the list :)
Hope I can help with everything you guys need during the tests!

Level 3
I've been following you guys for like the entire time you've been making it and I don't get to be a tester?....

*EDIT*
I haven't been at my house for a week, I just checked back and I needed to send in an application? Can I still do that? I've been waiting to become a tester, I'd find it to be a bit unfair if I wasn't.

Level 12
I've been following you guys for like the entire time you've been making it and I don't get to be a tester?....

*EDIT*
I haven't been at my house for a week, I just checked back and I needed to send in an application? Can I still do that? I've been waiting to become a tester, I'd find it to be a bit unfair if I wasn't.

How would it be unfair? The paplications were due when they were due.

However, you can take my spot. As I said in the PM, i'm fine with not being one.

Level 6
Well, in this case we might be able to solve the problem, as we currently have 7 out of 8 tester positions filled.
Just throw a PM Wolfe's way and he'll figure something out ;)

I've done a lot of bug fixing, and with each bug fixed the demo comes closer!

Level 2
really unfair than im waiting to be tester from the start of this game when it was called Everwood when Roleplayngame was leader of this project.UNFAIR :(

Level 17
I'm sorry Den, but you failed to send an application within the week allocated.

Our eighth tester is TsunamiV, who barely made it with his application. TsunamiV, if you could send me your e-mail, it would be greatly appreciated.

{EDIT}
Updated the thread post with improved art and our first Feature Entry based on the Inventory.

Stay tuned tonight for our second Feature Entry on Attributes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.