• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Alright, well, tell me what else you'd like to see in the OP and I'll add it within the next week. This excludes the demo itself (you wish, =P), classes (to be done) and progress (to be done).

Level 27
Eh... Guys?
Those sigs you made...
I know i sounds like a total asshole when i say this, but i'm very touchy when people modify my art and i dont agree with the results: I do not, at all, like how those sigs look.
Soeh, i kinda made you these instead.
Hope they're satisfactory. :S

SigEverwoodFinishedCrewTerrainer-1.png

SigEverwoodFinishedCrewLeader.png

SigEverwoodFinishedCrewCoder.png

SigEverwoodFinishedCrewArtist.png

Next time just ask me to do the sig versions, k?
Sigs IS what i do, after all. And these took 5 minutes to make, including the upload.
Heck, i can even make each of you a customised version!* Just tell me to do so! ROARRGH!
Dragonson enters a five-second artist rage.

*Yes, that's an offer.

Level 27
No problem at all.
In the future, just tell me what you need.
The offer for those customised sigs (Maybe a slightly diffirent theme? Fall? Summer? Winter? Ancient Ruins? Demonic?) is still open, and know that i can do everything from icons to skins if i dont have to follow hive submission rules.
I dont do much copypaste, but being able to rely abit on layer styles 'n such can produce awesome stuff.
'specially for roots and plants.

Level 20
"Live with realistic non-playable characters that go to work in the morning and sleep at night"

Just curious, have you incorporated beds and sleep anims or will they 'disappear' or perhaps stand in a corner with ZzzZZzzzZZZz?

Sorry if that sounds patronising, I am generally just curious, the first would be awesome, the second would be great enough (can't say I'm too keen on the 3rd...).
Or did you have something even cooler in mind?! :D

Level 17
Well not all buildings will be enterable (especially at night - unrealistic for someone to leave their doors unlocked for total strangers), so the first is out of the question. They will, however, disappear into their homes, guard patrols will increase and thieves/murderers will increase (murderers just appear, but thieves do exist during the day as well). Certain creeps will also become more active (such as bandits) and some less active (such as the ogre kind of the marshes).

It really is a complex system, and will take a while to implement, but I feel that immersion is one of the keys to a successful game.

Level 6
My plan was for them to walk to some random house and 'disappear' into the house.
------

Currently they citizens of Kravengarde can walk around in the city using 'roads'.
A system monitors the current load on the few 'connection points', and projects a route depending on that load.
Essentially this means that some merchants may appear more often in areas with much people, than in the less frequently used parts of the city.
This is however, kind of random, and still in alpha status - so don't expect any villagers to become thieves and be chased by guards or anything.
(Might be one or two scripted thieves, but no dynamic things)

So, about the sleep. They'll probably disappear in the demo version.
(No beds or animations are planned at this point)
In a more advanced version of the villager ai, one or two might become thieves at night, while others go to the bar or maybe to the garrison.
(Just examples)
------

A little progress update too:
  • 2 more Paragon spells completed (he's now 99% finished, got some object editing left to do).
  • A set of test items have been created, and there might appear a small preview of the current inventory interface build later this week!

Also, I'm going away on Friday (4th) and will come back on the 11th.
So no coding updates during that time! :/

Hope this suffices as an answer!

Level 17
Also, folks, there will be three thread updates over the next four to five days.

• i: an update to the story, introducing players to their role in the game, the tensions of the empire, the zones and beasts you will encounter
  • ii: an update to the features list with in-depth descriptions and screenshots (this is a over-a-span-of-time thing)
  • iii: more screenshots (we know you love them)
  • iv: everything about classes (with the exception of a few things) including progression, skills, stories, etc.
  • v: combat section - everything about combat (casting, projectiles, experience, stats, items, ai, conditions, etc.)

Until tonight!

Level 17
Yeah, it is a shame that we can't achieve it all.

One thing we could implement is some sort of "White Lion Reputation" system (the White Lions being the military of the empire) where doing things such as arresting thieves and killing murderers (yes, capital punishment) will give you reputation and open up other possibilities for late-game (the most obvious being items, but perhaps other things too?).

I think the most complex of this system will be demonstrated in Post Demo, where both creeps and allies will be influenced by artificial intelligence.

Level 17
Well, a bit of both. We've been working on this demo too long already (hehe), and the engine limits may not be able to support it (with the old AI, we did experience a fraps increase that did cause lag).

You know, if you are really overwhelmed with ideas (and this is to all fans), do not hesitate to PM either myself or Tukki (as he is the one coding it, hehe).

Level 2
i know i am a bit slow here but Dragonson if you made the top of the wolfs head from the ears back to the roots look more like fur i think that would make the wolf look a bit more natural.

Level 5
Ok guys, I know you never hear from me, xD
I've been working with textures, and with models. So im currently making a new texture for the hero.
You will be able to see it soon, along with a starting set :) :goblin_yeah:

i know i am a bit slow here but Dragonson if you made the top of the wolfs head from the ears back to the roots look more like fur i think that would make the wolf look a bit more natural.

I agree.

Level 27
@HeroSlayer and Shadowsun
Already tried something like that. Doesnt work out.
Sometimes you just gotta sit back, take a look at your design, and tell yourself whether this cool new idea still has that neat look.
It did not, sadly. :S

Also, wolfe's told me what art he needs me to do.
I didnt really do anything yesterday, but expect some stuff later today.

Level 6
A little update on the Paragon:
  • All spells now 100% coded and I've just tool-tip fixes left to do!

It seemed like I was a bit optimistic in my earlier estimation :p
However, it's all finished now, which means that there's only one hero-spell left to code!!
(It's currently under re-designing)

Got to compile D's list of things and then there's a lot of homework waiting for me :>

Level 27
I currently have a big list of work to do from you guys, most of which i FINALLY got two days ago ;), and i sadly wont be finishing any before friday.

Right now i'm tired as f****, as i just finished the most tiresome sig in my life.
SigMidnightersFinishedPart3.png
SigMidnightersFinishedPart2.png
SigMidnightersFinishedPart1.png

...aaand tomorrow's my birthday.
So i wont really be doing much then either. :p
(Note that it is very late where i live, not early in the morning.)

Level 20
Dragon, Dragon, Dragon!
The fur addition wouldn't be too bad actually you just need the right brush =D
Not sure if photoshop has one but I know my iPod Sketchbook app does, you just want a 'fibre' brush, do a few highlighted layers, few shadows. PROFIT! =D

Looking forward to that model and texture HeroSlayer <3 O_O

Level 17
On-topic please.

Soon to come (in the next few hours) - story update.

Tomorrow will introduce some new screenshots, as well as the up-to-date features list.

Level 17

I don't appreciate such comments. You're the Lead Artist - do not be rude to people who have stuck with this project for a while.

Also, sorry for the thread delay guys. You know how it goes - life, school, the horror of growth... I'll hopefully be able to deliver some shizznat today and tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
I don't believe so. A bit of random colloquialism here and there doesn't hurt.

Level 17
Okay, no more responding to the off-topic argument, thank you.

However, GhostThruster, I must correct you. Shadows of Everwood will be more than just your class - we're putting quite a lot of effort into creeps, bosses, etc. (which are essentially units). ^.^

Tonight, I'll be posting the first chapter of Combat, essentially introducing everyone to how we want it to appear in the game and the capabilities you have in combat. As well as that, I will be adding some more screenshots and some details on the inventory.

Level 17
Unfortunately, my activation period for Microsoft Office has expired (the third license for the activation code was used on my old computer). Due to this, I cannot access any of my works regarding the thread or even the game. Until I get a new license, this thread will be barren.

I, however, will be working on some new stuff in WordPad, as it seems a waste to start all of my works for the project again.

I apologize for the delay, guys.

Level 3
I just know that the time won't be a problem for me, I have patience and all I care about is the result, which I know it will be great xD
But I really wanted to see more pics D:

Level 17
I hope so too. Itching to get some of this stuff finished. I'm too excited about it. xD

Level 6
Project developers Shadows of Evewood! I really want to become one of the author of this great map. I am ready to assist in the creation of triggers and little in the landscape. How do I become one of you?I can give you any information about yourself as a token of my intentions to the project. I will also work hard on him as the weight you. I really want to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.