• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Since the hero model has been such a hot topic over the past few hours, thought I'd show you some screenshots of it.

Attachments

• PIC5B.tmp.jpg
    PIC5B.tmp.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 133
  • PIC5C.tmp.jpg
    PIC5C.tmp.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 106
  • PIC5D.tmp.jpg
    PIC5D.tmp.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 102
  • PIC5E.tmp.jpg
    PIC5E.tmp.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 119
  • PIC5F.tmp.jpg
    PIC5F.tmp.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 88
  • PIC60.tmp.jpg
    PIC60.tmp.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
Level 17
Nice biceps...

Seriously, looks fabulous. Can you add any customizations (eg. beards), and will there be a female model?

Not in the demo, but hair is something we will probably experiment with in the actual game. With new innovations, skin tone may also be something to consider.

And yes, a female model will be included, but not in the demo. ^.^

Glad you guys like it. I'm sure you've all put a smile on HeroSlayer's face.

Level 5
Im not brazilian hehe :pP
glad u liked the model n.n
thats just a 3dsmax screen, it will look muuuuuuch better ingame, (with textures on armor and weapons xD)

Edit: Yes, beards and long hair and all that stuff is possible. :ogre_datass:

Last edited:
Level 13
Thank you I like it though some stuff seems out of place but that is probably for the area.

Level 5
lol, I thought you were because in the screenshot the name of the model is Guerreiro, and your "start" menu on the windows XP says início :p
but I think you are spanish...

and man, will you make weapon and armor attachments too?
it would be awesome xD

haha, it says "guerrERO" :)
im from PERU :aht: , and yes, its kinda obvious im making weapons and armor atts :)
I have finished the dagger, sword, axe, mace, hammer, and 2h animations, as so as dual weapons, currently working on bow, and other weapons... (u will see them soon enough xD)

:ogre_datass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
haha, it says "guerrERO" :)
I have finished the dagger, sword, axe, mace, hammer, and 2h animations, as so as dual weapons, currently working on bow, and other weapons... (u will see them soon enough xD)

wooooow, dual wield will be so awesome :D
and the model reminds me of oblivion...
and btw, will you make cool weapons like polearms, spears, fist weapons and stuff like that?
keep the good work man :D

Level 17
It will be compatible with every patch that those capitalists at Blizzard throw at us! ^.^

Level 5
wooooow, dual wield will be so awesome :D
and the model reminds me of oblivion...
and btw, will you make cool weapons like polearms, spears, fist weapons and stuff like that?
keep the good work man :D

lol... everyone says its like oblivion -.-

I didnt even know that game, i made this model from 3 blueprints I found on google images xD

We will make a lot of cool weapons :p but just a few per type, since this is just a demo and the bases of a great game are yet being built :)
(im making the systems and methods for creating attachments quickly and working properly with animations). Fist weapons are not on our plans right now :p

We're dealing with one of the most badass development teams in hive's history.
A few bugfixes arent gonna prevent them from being awesome. ;)

I liked that :DD
and u are right :p

Level 2
This release date keeps getting pushed backed, I remember seeing Everwood ORPG pop up in map development. I'm not saying that you should hurry up, but I will warn you this project will not reach your ambitions unless you get a steady beta out first, before you add all your fun gimmicks. If you decide to add a billion gimmicks and it's not even released, you'll find less ambition to finish it. Keep the workload minimum until you get a beta out

But hey, what do I know.

Level 20
We're dealing with one of the most badass development teams in hive's history.
A few bugfixes arent gonna prevent them from being awesome. ;)

I'm not trashing what there doing, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!
There are perhaps several people/teams deserving of that title, let's just wait and see eh?

And no I agree with Pizza here, the devs can add all the cool sh*t in the world to a game, but if there the only ones who like it, it's not going to sell/download well. You really should have a beta to see what your TARGET MARKET think of it, if they hate it you need to change, if they don't great but you need to know!
Your kinda 'beta-ing' a rp right now Dragonson, you really should know better ;p

Level 17
We have limited our demonstration quite a lot, so no problem there.

The main reason it is taking so long is the code. I don't mean to put the blame on Tukki, but the amount of coding required versus him is monumental. So we're happy with the progress he has been making (as he has been surprisingly fast despite the massive workload). Another factor would be the model itself, which we all know takes a fair bit of time.

So we do appreciate your patience.

Level 3
what about the map size? I mean, the map will grow up to a point where you will not be able to add more items and stuff... just wondering how much you can do in the map without oversizing it :p

Level 3
Cool, I'm so excited for the closed beta :p
and btw, can you show some more terrain pics?
the last ones were so amazing that I want to see more lol

Level 6
Help is always appreciated! :D
The map is entirely coded in vJASS and ZINC, so you would have to be proficient in at least one.
Could you PM me with some of your previous work? :)

A little note on progress:

The closed demo is nearing completion; I'm currently coding the event quest that our testers will play through.
When it's finished I'll have to set up items and finish the various talents.
That's only for coding, though. So don't estimate release dates and such from this :p

I've always found ZINC syntax easiest and least-time consuming to code in. Ofcourse I may just be so used to java, but I actually think that you can write out the code alot faster in zinc than in jass. It's also easier to read IMO

Even if it was 1000x faster, i'd never leave JASS/vJASS
Coding in JASS/vJASS is pretty fun :D :D

Level 3
pretty small activity here on the last week, can you guys give us some info on what are you doing in the project right now? like coding or stuff like that...
god, I want to play with the custom hero model real soon D:

Level 4
Has it already been asked if weapons and armor and such will appear on heroes? If no, then I am.

Level 19
Heh, when this goes even better, you could actually make sequels to the game, or somebody could even make a fan-made map based on this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.