• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Adik, only two... only two. =P

And though a sequel is certainly out of the question AT THIS POINT, it certainly wouldn't be when we're done.

Here is something HeroSlayer wanted me to post instead of him. He had some issues.

Attachments

• screenshot set 1.JPG
    screenshot set 1.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 195
Level 2
Really cool can not wait to try this stuff out and see how much you guys have poured into this!

Level 5
just a question, how could you guys make leg attachments work?
:p

yes we can, that example is just a starting set with very few parts ;) just shorts, the robe top and sandals

Thats just an example of how you can have several combinatios for your hero with just one set :p

For all those who dont know, thats the hero model with ITEMS, those are not 4 different .mdx files

Level 2
HeroSlayer i just want to know do you have to animate each attached item separately to move with the hero when he fights and walks or does the clothing move with the arms and legs automatic

Level 2
i understand that with that to be the case with the weapons, what i meant is if the attachment point for the pants is the at the groin, when the legs of the hero move does each leg of the pants move with them or is there 1 attachment point in each leg to for each leg of the pants so it knows what is attached to what and when to move.

sorry if this is off topic or a wast of your time.

Level 5
i understand that with that to be the case with the weapons, what i meant is if the attachment point for the pants is the at the groin, when the legs of the hero move does each leg of the pants move with them or is there 1 attachment point in each leg to for each leg of the pants so it knows what is attached to what and when to move.

sorry if this is off topic or a wast of your time.

There is a point for each bone, an attachment cannot animate when the unit animates, nor it can be animated with triggers.
for example, a leg is made of 5 parts, pelvis, right femur, left femur, right shinbone and left shinbone. Each of them have an attachment point, so, a pair of pants is actually made of 5 models
thats the only way I could make a hero with all armour you can imagine.
So... making a set, with an unwrapped texture, takes around 2-3 hours.
This is much more complicated than any other effects on a hero, since every model must go correctly placed on the att points of the bones. however, everything is easier if you create sequences and 3ds max scenes just to create armour and weapons :p

Level 5
The model looks good, except for the face and the shoulders.
The face looks like Clint Eastwood swallowing a whole lemon and the shoulders are too high and broad, making him look like a very strong hunchback.
Attachments look really good. Will we get a female hero model?

thx for the observation, I will fix the shoulders :)
about the face... I'll try to fix it, other classes will have different faces. this is the warrior :p

Level 6
To keep you guys in the loop:

• Inventory updates:
    • New Feature: "Quick-Equip" - double click a piece of equipment to equip it
    • Updated the info text to display weather the current item is equipped or equip-able
  • Axes have been set up and finished (coding-wise)
  • Dual Weapons / Two-Handed Weapons restrictions have been coded
  • Weapon restrictions have been coded
  • Party system updates:
    • You may now use a part of a player's name instead of his/her complete player name when inviting (e.g -invite Tukk)
    • You may invite multiple players using a comma as separator (e.g -invite Wolfe, Slayer, Oz)

If you're amazed by the hero model from the screen shots - wait until you see it in action in-game ;)

Level 6
A small update to the event quest system:

It's a 3-line-progress text, composed of "Event Quest Name", "Current Objective" and "Overall Progress".
Here's a picture for you if you somehow didn't get my excellent description ;)

attachment.php

The bar is of course a progress bar - I'll upload another picture for great justice if I have the time.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_040611_165741_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_040611_165741_01.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 282
Level 6
do you guys already have a fixed date for the beta testing?
Sadly not. Wolfe will distribute proper information when it's due ;)

good job! (:)
Agreed! :D

Small update thus far:

• Party System
    • You may now assign party members to various roles. Roles are "Leader", "DPS", "Tank" and "Healer". There can be any amount of DPS:s, Tanks and Healers, whereas there can be only one Leader. If the current leader wants to shift the leader-position to another player, he'll simply use the "-party elect <playername>" command.

Each role has a different color associated with it, which is only visible to the other players.
      E.g a Tank has a blue aura which can only be seen by the other party members.

The command fore role-assignment is: -party <role> <player>, <otherPlayer>
      Note that the same features apply here (i.e using a part of a player's name)!
  • Inventory System
    • Updated multiboard to properly display if the currently selected item is equipped or not.
    • Minor aesthetic changes.
  • Other
    • A lot of pre-loading has been added for smoother game play.

After some thinking I decided to upload a taste of our newest class-invention: the Warrior Healer!

Attachments

• Warrior Spells.w3x
    92.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Level 2
Anyway you could throw up a description of them? I am not at my computer atm so i can't look at them.

Level 6
Cool, what exactly do the 'roles' do? Is it merely a marker - that's your job do it - kind of thing or do you get benefits/hindrances similar to class ones depending on your role?
At the moment they are merely markers. Making it easier for your
friendly party members to know what role you are; easier to spot
the tank in a chaotic battle, or perhaps the healer?.

We haven't decided if we're going to add some sort of unique
benefit to each role, but that's definitely something that we'll
look into after the demo release!

------------------

Hehe I just found an old map of mine with those spells in a pretty bad condition.
So I just recoded and uploaded them for the sake of.. fun? randomness?

If anyone happens to want some info about how I coded them; the map is open, the only thing is that you'll have to have UMSWE enabled in your JNGP ;)

I'm sorry if anyone actually thought that they were SoE-material; they're not!
----------------

Anyway, I'll PM you something in a while Mag :)
----------------

I had a maths exam today and I've a report due to Monday,
so I haven't and won't do much progress until Tuesday.

Level 6
Okay, forget what I wrote about not doing any work during the weekend - I screwed the report anyways.

I'm going to reveal a big change soonTM!
Its UI is not finished, and will probably not be really cool until I've got the images from Dragonson, but it will make everything a lot smoother and cleaner!

So stay tuned!

Level 6
Alright, thank Riot Games for this very early preview! :D
Their servers have a tendency to crash on patch days, and this day is no exception - so I suddenly found myself with a lot of free time, on this day off!

I'm providing a little preview image of the interface in question.
The 'real' reveal will appear later this week, due to some tweaks and polishing issues the team has to discuss!

attachment.php

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 266
Level 6
Probably, and some other elements ;)

Yeah, in the reveal many features will be explained!
But yes, I've aimed at simplicity instead of cool stuff with this update :p

This is actually only one half of the work that I've done, but the other half will wait until the reveal ;)

Level 16
That's pretty nice! Maybe we've already seen each other in-game :)

I'm glad to hear those news. We regurarly have "LAN-parties" - with a lot of WC3 (and C&C3-KW, DoW, etc). We play RPG's and Aos's in the most case and... I just can't wait for this map! Looks so nice. (I was thinking of joining the project as a vJASS coder, but... you've already got a great one, + I don't have too much time, and I play LoL in my free time. Also my english sucks.)

Level 6
Hehe, who knows? ;)
Holidays are closing in fast!
So after the weekend, expect a very large drop in updates since I'll be hooked on Mortal Kombat!!

If you feel like helping out, any help would be appreciated!
Just PM me with something you've done so that I can check if you're qualified :D

Really lame update:
  • Warrior skills has been set up with the new system aswell!
  • Guess what? Paragon skills are also set up! :O

Level 17
Oooh, an admin comment!

Hehe, anyway, thanks for that Rui.

Not much progress from me I'm afraid. I've been working on some things for post demo. Also looking at getting the project hosted when the demo is released. ^.^

Level 17
He did, he did. Sorry.

All, welcome our new coder, Magtheridon96. ^.^

I just haven't seen you on MSN.

Anyway, GT is right, Tleno. Hosted project status.

Level 6
It's chill guys, I'll just write some java bot who spams SoE games on our accounts 24/7.

Things are going good here!
Adiktuz just got back and is working with the last spell of our classes.
So when he is finished, we got them talents to code and, of course, our event quest!

(Along with a lot of other minor scripts)

Status
Not open for further replies.