• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Stormwind Is Being Made

Are you a fan of the Alliance? Do you like the noble human's capitol city, Stormwind? Well then you're about to become even more starving for more screenshots! Today, I've begun the creation of Stormwind's terrain starting with the entrance and the Trade District. The two areas are nearly complete - still lacking some models that will fit better in the map - and there will be more to show off tomorrow as well. This whole week I plan on spending my spare time on Stormwind. When can you expect to see the screenshots of Stormwind? Most likely some time later on tonight or very, very early tomorrow. I will release at least one new screenshot, if one is all I show, you can expect more tomorrow.

The next area I plan on working on when I feel that the Trade District is complete is the Canals and either the Old Town or Dwarven District area of Stormwind. Will I add the Stormwind instance? Very doubtful to happen some time soon. Sorry!

~Craka_J

Level 25
Yeah, lol. I'm having a technical difficulty with the World Editor: The custom tiles won't show in the editor! And since its not playable, can't even get in-game screenies (tiles work in-game)

So until I fix this - which will hopefully be soon! - there will be a slight delay on the release of a screenshot. But don't feel bummed, this gives me more time to work and increase the amount of screenshots I will be able to show off. :wink:

If any of you guys know why the custom tiles show in-game but not in the editor, please provide a solution if you can. Much thanks and a +Rep to those who succeed in helping. :p

[EDIT]
By the way, this video is nuts. Really well made and... just awesome. I definitely recommend it.

~Craka_J

Level 19
Yeah, lol. I'm having a technical difficulty with the World Editor: The custom tiles won't show in the editor! And since its not playable, can't even get in-game screenies (tiles work in-game)

So until I fix this - which will hopefully be soon! - there will be a slight delay on the release of a screenshot. But don't feel bummed, this gives me more time to work and increase the amount of screenshots I will be able to show off. :wink:

If any of you guys know why the custom tiles show in-game but not in the editor, please provide a solution if you can. Much thanks and a +Rep to those who succeed in helping. :p

[EDIT]
By the way, this video is nuts. Really well made and... just awesome. I definitely recommend it.

~Craka_J

Lol... Anyway do you try to restart the editor? I'm sometimes experiencing that the imported files get fucked up but when restarting the WE it should work nicely.

Level 19
Yeah. Did it several times actually. To be honest, they all worked a while ago. But now they don't. What is the filepath to the "Brick" tile in the Dalaran tileset? I have a feeling I put the wrong path.

~Craka_J

I believe it is TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_BrickTiles.blp

Crake_J has created another topic about this issue and if I remember correctly he did got an answer.
Hm.. I've never really thought about tile paths before.

Yes.

Level 25
Awesome. Thanks!

I haven't worked on Stormwind that much today. Got bored of it easily and I am in a bit of a problematic situation: I need a few more doodad models to help decorate the city accurately and I also will soon need a modeler/skinner to make more units for the mod.

But I haven't stopped on Wc3:WoW that easily... I'll be working on some other stuff as well such as Durotar and Muglore.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Attachment models such as shoulders, chest plates (One recently uploaded to Hive resources is a good model example), helmets, shields, weapons, gloves, capes, and possbily boots too. We will need TONS of attachment models so we can make a lot more new items and make them show on characters. For shoulder attachment models, be sure to make each shoulder a seperate model since both shoulders are most likely going to be seperate attachment points.

Other models we'll need will be unarmored Human, Undead, Night Elf, Dwarf, and Gnome models that we can use as player models. The animation set which this villager model uses is perfect if you can manage to get the models to have them all. :D

~Craka_J

Level 8
well for the characters, would it matter if i used already existing wc3 models and edited them dearly, or just go ahead and make them pretty with scratch? and any certain attachment models in specific or should i go look at some WoW attachments? with get started asap

Level 25
Using already made models and custom ones are both necessary. Custom models with in-game textures is perfect. Any specific things? Low level weapons and armor. And when I say low level, I mean from 1-20... not EPIC GEAR WOOOT LVL 60-70 GEAR! Becayse apparently, that's what everyone thinks we're going to add in level 2 zones.

~Craka_J

Level 1
Just wanted to say that you guys are REALLY good!! The screenshots that I saw are simply great! Too bad I´m not good developing stuffs like this, would like to help making such a huge project!
Well, congrats on the work done so far and good luck!

Level 2
Just wanted to say that you guys are REALLY good!! The screenshots that I saw are simply great! Too bad I´m not good developing stuffs like this, would like to help making such a huge project!
Well, congrats on the work done so far and good luck!

I agree this is a wounderfull project. And if i could help becuase i have a private server that i know of that you can fly outside of the outlands and i could be like a scout-but some places like sw it dose't work because there isn't thigns were the camrrer cant reach

*Slighly of topic*
i was flying around on this private server and there are some buildings - blowen up - and the crator of the well of eternity. at mount hjial

Level 5
Hi, been away awhile. What progress has been made since may :) Last time i checked everything was happening pretty fast.

Level 2
I have a question i'm new here ...can someone play wow offline without an internet connection or without an account? cuz I want to get the from a friend and he has the pirate version of WoW.:spell_breaker:

Level 18
lol
i really think that this might be WAY better than the WOW they have now.

problem is ... is this going to be multiplayer? 12 players ?
you should try to incorporate this as a single player game too, because some times playing with other people on BNET can be annoying.

what would be amazing though, is if you had "bots that could act like real players " in the game, you know, start from level 1 and make there way to 60 :p

though that does sound really impossible, and probably a waste of time.

Level 25
Making the A.I. as advanced to a degree where the bots play, respond, and react like real players would will - and is - take a very long time to make, but it's one of our biggest priorities to get accomplished since the campaign is currently not multiplayer nor LAN compatible. The making of bots being as realistic as possible would help make players get pulled into the world as if it were the actual real multiplayer World of WarCraft. I cannot promise it will be as tip-top as we aim for it to be, but it will be one of the best made for WarCraft III once we've gotten to the stage where A.I. becomes a big importance. I mean, it already is important but there are other things of greater importance which must be attended to first, such as fixing the large amount of bugs we have and finishing the inventory, attachment, and equipment systems.

Thanks for your interest in our project. And to answer the hundred questions soon to come, no, the mod will not be released soon. I am sorry.

~Craka_J

Level 18
hmm. It takes lots of time to make works of art. This is definetly a work of art ( i saw the terrain screenshots ) ,

lol, im not expecting you to do that. imagine how many AI functions would be invovled with that. I could only guess that for a BOT player to speak to you would require at least a years worth of scripting in different texts, like for instance

if you say hi, the computer has a random choise of saying " hi , hello, or ermm hi " you know.

even if it was possible, it wouldn't be worth the wait, it would be more of an update over time thing.

Still, keep it up :D everyone iz lovin this

Status
Not open for further replies.