• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
They aren't really done yet. None of them are to be honest. Plus I think TripX said that she needs help with making the talent system. Next time I see her on MSN I'll ask her for the talent system and hopefully Saitek009 or someone can finish it for Wc3:WoW. It's going to play a major role when it comes to spells. Probably will have a ton of bugs too, but we'll worry about that later.

VexenX and Phoenix_VII are making a trailer/teaser for their own project: The Kingdom of Kaliron. If it ends up as a good trailer, I'll ask them to help make the trailer of Wc3:WoW. Though, it is asking a bit much. I can only hope that they will say yes. :grin:
~Craka_J

Level 3
Aww, I still want to see the classes as they are this far ^^

Really looking forward to what seems to me as a really awe-inspiring project.

Level 25
I honestly doubt we'll show anything of what we have so far, since there really isn't that much to show... but I will try to get some screenshots and more information out about the Priest class since that will be the first class completed, judging on it's completion of progress of that class so far.

PS: I almost forgot: Welcome to the Hive Workshop! :grin:
~Craka_J

Level 25
I doubt he would accept. He is already working heavily on new maps of his and VexenX's ORPG series TKoK a lot lately. Once he isn't so busy with work, I will consider contacting him as well. MadseN agreed to join, but only to polish up areas and do small places. He said he isn't fond of making entire maps and zones.
~Craka_J

Level 9
Hmmm...I know I seem to do this a bit, but making Wc3 into WoW is actually quite fun. I can see why you started this mod, Craka. I was fiddelin' around with my Money map one day, and for kicks made a paladin with a custom targeting system. When a unit is targeted, it displays a "WoW-like" (I put quotations around it because it's ugly) selection circle. You are always selected on your paladin, so your abilities are always within reach. If you use an offensive ability, it automatically casts on your "target unit."

Ideally it'd be possible to have 2 or 3 spellbooks with less-used abilities, like Blessings, Auras, and long Cooldowns, and the main interface with the combat abilities, like Seals, Heals and...(keels? Ooo...needed something to ryhme). I use the hero icons in the top left to display your targeted unit. Sadly, I couldn't find a way to display an enemies' icon, short of making them all heroes, so I had to resort to little plus symbols for everyone.

It's actually kinda fun. Hope it can be useful, you guys seemed swamped as of late.

Attachments

• MoneyTestNew.w3x
    334.6 KB · Views: 65
Level 34
Craka only took over recently. It was started a long time ago. Can't remember names. Craka will.

I think iron_warrior should just join the team.

Level 25
It was founded by Beantony in 2004, that is correct. Although it was mid 2004. Then around 2005 or 2006 Freakazoid took over, and not too long from then (Couple months I think) Nasrudin took over. Then in 2007 I have taken over. I've been the leader of this project for almost a year. I became leader in January or Febuary, sometime around that.
~Craka_J

Level 9
Craka only took over recently. It was started a long time ago. Can't remember names. Craka will.

I think iron_warrior should just join the team.

When I said they were "swamped" I meant that in the last few weeks they've been tied up.

I don't know JASS, so I can't actually do any triggers for the team (I think there's a post from Craka saying all the triggers are written in JASS, which is a good idea...it's much better, I hear)

I just made this test map, and my others, like the money system, for the idea and concept. And it's fun.

Level 5
Craka' would you make an exception to the JASS only rule if I took his triggers and JASS'ed them for him?
His work is nice and his ideas are original. I think that he deserves credit for them.
Also would that be O.K. with you iron_warrior?
Anyways nice work iron, next time I get the campaign I'll add your stuff in.
Rep+

Level 9
Craka' would you make an exception to the JASS only rule if I took his triggers and JASS'ed them for him?
His work is nice and his ideas are original. I think that he deserves credit for them.
Also would that be O.K. with you iron_warrior?
Anyways nice work iron, next time I get the campaign I'll add your stuff in.
Rep+

Thanks. I like how you bolded my name.

Anyways, I might try to learn JASS...if I was to help out, I'd want to be an addition, not a hindrence.

Level 2
I dont know if you already have made that but i saw an rpg map where the assasin has the same abilites as the wow rouge and they were extremely well made the combo points were shown upon your head they also increased the damage of ur flink ability ( or so ) also the backstab was working great.

so is it like that in your map?

Level 9
Have you tested the map? It's a little more clear once you've tested it...however...

Basically, since the main focus of the system is allowing you to cast spells without click the icon, then clicking a target, since spellcasting is much more active in WoW than Wc3. The way I did this was any spell that uses a target is just a dummy. Holy Light, Judgement, Hammer of Justice...they're just based of Channel.

When the dummy spell is casted, my trigger detects it, and checks for a few things.

Is there a target? if not, it displays "You don't have a target" and refunds the mana/resets the cooldown.

Can you cast on that? if you're trying to Hammer of Justice-up an ally, it says "Not a valid target"

Are you in range? checks to see if you're close enough.

If all of these check out, then the trigger runs. It creates a Dummy unit with a bunch of abilities. The dummy unit then casts the ability on the target unit (or, if the target is an enemy and you're casting a helpful spell, like Holy light, it just casts it on yourself) and proceeds to disappear a few seconds later.

Level 34
Wow, your map was amazing iron_warrior. I think you should use this Craka! The Paladin was so well made!

Level 25
People are beginning to tell me that they think WC3:WoW has died. It did not die, nor will I ever let it die. There will always be at least one person working on it, that way there is a constant cycle of progression with the project. The lack of speed we've been working at, the excessive delays within the release of the Closed and Open Betas, and the unkept promises of releasing information on proper release dates such as screenshots, downloads, etc.

Just to reassure you all, we're all working on the project: Just not as hard as we used to or as we should. My humble apologies, especially to the contest winners who've still not tasted the beta of Wc3:WoW yet! I will try to get things running better over this weekend, if not, next weekend. That is a promise I intend to keep.
~Craka_J

Level 4
hey cracka im really good with triggering out battles e.g this afternoon i did that karazahn move where the mage makes blizzard go in a circle around the room, so if u want me to do some boss/normal fights id be up for that... i mean Saitek009 if u wanted we could team up like i trigger u convert or somthing, it would be easy to do e.g u want a creep to run away at low hp or cast spell at certain hp or any complex boss spell/effects like im pretty sure when u get up to it i could nut out neffarion in less than a day and make all of his different class effects work on different the different classes, meh just a suggestion night all!

Level 4
"i mean Saitek009 if u wanted we could team up like i trigger u convert or somthing" or i guess i could learn... couldnt be that hard to jass could it

Level 34
I hear if you have a basic knowledge of other codes C++, PHP ect. it may only take you a couple weeks. If not it can take a month or so.

Level 4
k speed bump my idea was " make the hero a summoned unit without changing any thing about him so he would have an expirey timer " 100% complete, " get the expiery timer to be the duration of the cast time " 100% complete, " remove the expiery timer so the hero doesnt die every time he casts a spell with a cast time " 0% complete... this could probably be done easily but im not getting it in gui, " rename the expiery timer from " water elemental " to " holy light " etc. " this can probably be easily done... but still cant find it...

SO if any one knows a solution would love to hear it coz this game could seriously use a cast bar

Level 25
A casting bar is not something I am very worried about at the moment. Right now, we need to finish up the systems that are needed to be completed such as the Flight Path system and Party system. I really want to get the A.I. of the bots improved a lot more as well.
~Craka_J

Level 2
hehe, the bots on the previous beta ran into a pack of alliance without me.
And will you be able to swim and drown?

Level 25
The bots might not get an A.I. upgrade as planned. But I will still try to get someone on the team to fix it up a bit more. Swimming and drowning won't be introduced to Wc3:WoW yet. Although it is needed to get to Echo Isles, we're going to have to work around it for now.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Most likely we will stick to the ol' Amphibious unit idea. Simple swimming system. Cannot submerge under water, but that isn't needed for any of the areas we're making so until we do get to the point where it may be required, we're sticking with the easy-to-make swim system :p
~Craka_J

Level 25
Once we've made level 39+ areas, yes, we will be adding mounts. But right now it is kind of pointless to add since the highest level place being done is Barrens and Ragefire Chasm. Yeah, I know what you're thinking: "Oh my god! All of this time wasted and still working on noob zones?!"
Yes. In fact we'll be caught up in noob zones for quite a while. It's a lot easier testing new systems and stuff in noob areas, hence why we work extremely slowly on terrain. But don't worry, once we've got a bit more than the basics required for Wc3:WoW to be like WoW, the terraining department will take the lead quickly. :wink:
When will this happen? That I can't even predict. A very long time...
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.