• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I think you should focus on the appearance. If you had a base model, and then different attachments - which work well on the model, I think it would be awesome; for example: Have, say, 10 faces, all fitting well without trouble on the base model and then attach one to the head section. I think if someone actually did that, it'd be great.

It's tougher to do than you think, but yes it would be very neat.

Level 25
Weapons, Spell effects, Shields, and Helmets wouldn't be too hard to add. But adding chest plates, leg plates, boots, and gloves is a very big obstacle and it may take very long to add these. Hopefully we get a very talented Unit Modeller who can add attachment points AND make attachment models to fit each unit model perfectly in-game. I think General_Frank or Callahan has agreed to join the team as well. I'll have to re-ask them.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Couldn't you just set the attachment point on the bracer lower down. So when you equip to hand it actually appears up on the arm?

Level 34
I think just weapons for a while would be fine. I would rather have everything else almost perfect!

Level 34
MR.FJ please don't try to advertise another thread you posted in. I would suggest you delete it.

Level 14
Well in my opinion you should go for the looks, because anyway you will try to balance chars , and fix bugs. . .but the aspect. .. thats something which many people don't work on it.

Level 2
Ha ha, I'm back, finally.
So, how's the Dev. Team going?
(BTW, I voted for the Advertising; more people need to know about this. Without a fanbase/players, you may as well go home and sleep)

Level 25
lol even I wish that was true.

The development team has been progressing pretty slowly whenever I'm not on to motivate them and remind them to work. And since I'm grounded on work/weekdays, I only get the weekends from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon to do what I can to keep things in line and improve everything.

However I am proud to say the Abilities Department is working really well. The Paladin is about 33% done, Rogue is around 40% complete, Warrior is 20% done, Priest is pretty much done I think, Mage... well I haven't heard much news about the Mage yet. The Hunter and Druid classes have no one to make their abilities. It is possible that most of the up coming Closed Betas will not feature them for a while.

No progress on the terrain at all what-so-ever. It still isn't my turn to work. Still being passed around the triggerers to do their job first.

Once we have PvP up and running really well (AI-wise) and the movement is finally smoothed out, I will definately start making PvP videos. And that will also be when visuals of armor will be displayed on your character. Only problem is that I think theres a small limitation to animation points that we can set. Not sure if we can set a place for every place on the body (Feet, Legs, Chest, Hands, Wrist, Back, Head, etc.)

Terrain will be improved a lot more since that seems to be what most of you care about most. It also seems to draw a lot of attention as well. I'll try really hard on making RFC look pretty cool with the time I have once my time has come!
~Craka_J

Level 25
It's not one big doodad. I learned that by openning the WoWModelViewer. But I forgot how they actually did it. I think they just built above the hole and the ditch was something to help the jumping and swimming functions in the game work.
~Craka_J

Level 9
where can i download a demo of WC3:WoW ?

Nowhere. Sometimes Craka_J, the team leader, gives them out, but only sometimes.

And to be honest, despite how neat the terrain and everything is, when you read all about the new open beta, you'll keep expecting things that aren't there. Yet.

However, the terrain is amazing, and the camera is quite nice too. Mulgore especially has that "WoW" feel.

Level 25
The races Draenei and Blood Elves kind of ruined the lore badly. So most likely both will never be added. But... if perhaps we recieve a lot of requests to add them after Kalimdor is completed, then maybe we'll add them. But it is still very doubtful.

I will not be releasing any betas randomly for a long time. Not until after the Open Beta has already been released. Also, the upcoming beta is version 1.05 so it's safe to just ask about beta 1.05.

The terrain has improved by so much since it was first started, which was about three-four years ago. However after Nasrudin, it's completely different than it was then and to be honest, we've already accomplished one of our goals (To make the best remake of World of Warcraft).

PS: Mulgore is my personal favorite zone(s).
~Craka_J

Level 25
Advertisement wise, I was planning to spread teasers and so on of Wc3:WoW after the PvP version (1.06) of Wc3:WoW, since we'll have a lot more to show in the game. Then again, exploiting the terrain on YouTube while a very well made movie, can be a good start. I smell a new contest coming up! :wink:
~Craka_J

Level 2
The races Draenei and Blood Elves kind of ruined the lore badly.
~Craka_J

The races themselves didn't ruin the lore. Rather, the way they were introduced within WoW. I don't think it was plausible to put Blood Elves within a faction, (or at least a WoW faction). Instead I reckon they should've opened up new factions to accomadate the new races into the expansion. A sort of 'nuetral evil' or 'nuetral good' faction. If that kind of thing had been implemented then it may have given rise to introducing races such as Goblins, Panarean, Nagas etc.etc. which would probably give the game a more expansive feel, instead of a rather stale format. Though, indeed, Blizz are certainly missing a trick considering the lore they have created..

Anyway....*next post*

Level 25
Thanks for your understanding, Ragingspeedhorn. My point has been made clear.

The introduction of the Blood Elves was one thing, but making Draenei AND making them Alliance was probably the worst thing they've done aside from the Illidan instance. Although, I heard all of Blizzards problems are being caused by their new Game Designers from Sony. Sony made playstation, never made an MMORPG as far as I recall. So I'm not suprised that's why they're failing to make WoW interesting.
~Craka_J

Level 25
They made Everquest? Well that was pretty successful. Still is actually. Matrix was pretty popular when it first came out too, but not so sure if it survives nowadays very much. Never even heard of PlanetSide though.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Interesting. Well I'd like to bring this thread back on topic now if you don't mind. :smile:

There honestly hasn't been much progress made these past two weeks and I think it's slightly my fault because I have almost no time to motivate the team and give direct orders every day and remind the team to work, work, work!

Life is quite an obstacle, thanks to school primarily. School comes first unfortunately and Wc3:WoW comes second. Oh how I'd love for it to be the other way around.

Anyway, I've reassigned some new triggerers to do work and hopefully they shall. The people making abilities haven't been making a lot of progress as they usually do, but I think after this weekend, that should change a bit. I still need to give more orders and motivate the team more so it's not like I think I'm done; I know I'm not. I also contacted MadseN to become our new official back-up terrainer. I know he would be a great and honorable addition to the team, hopefully he accepts my offer.
~Craka_J

Level 8
when your going to make Khaz Modan in WC3:wow and i use to play this wow but i'l don't have enoght money.so i'll wait till it come out so i can play for free.

Level 8
it not a hight level instance.Khaz Modan is the name of of the middle contenet of eastern kingdom. Badlands, Dun Morogh,Loch Modan,Searing Gorge,and Wetlands are part of khaz modan not an instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.