1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

NEW UI WIP, Misha's Request.

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by MiniMage, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Kno_Mad

Kno_Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Admittedly, I also prefer the 'first' one. (without map and leaves) So, yeah, please upload it as well!

RE: Misha's Request:
    Personally I don't like that map thing... Can you not shade it darker (and maybe more 'grey-ish') to make it meld into the background a bit more. (more like the interface is on top of the map, as opposed to the way it is now, with the map on top of the interface) It's kinda in-your-face at the moment.

Also, (you probably know this, but what the heck!) check that top right corner of the map-thing, it is over the circle-thing, it looks weird... and on the left, it covers the circle of the little arrow thingy. Also, check the little detail just above the inventory, it doesn't line up with the grey line.

Another thought, you have the dragon spines/skeleton (bottom left) could you not use something similar for your 'bird' idea. Maybe make some kind of fantasy fossil? Or old-ass looking rune-stones? (that could make it too 'undead-ish' though.)

2. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't like the idea of making the map to gray. It's giving the UI color, which is a good thing. But the whole dragon fossil thing sounds like an awesome idea.
    I have also had people suggested runic writing and runic rocks, so I suppose I could look up a few. Go back a page btw. I told you which UI's I would continue with. XD

Btw, should add leaves over the map and to the right or would that be to much?

3. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's perfect as it is now.

4. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Gotcha. I think I'll tweak the details I have.. might work on perfecting the "flow" of the UI. I might also work on a conceptual time indicator because I remember hearing Misha saying something about him wanting one.
    Also, added a new.. Inventory Icon thingy. Might be a little too gray though.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    I didn't realize that the human UI had the perfect dragon on its time indicator. Another experiment folks. ;D Might tweak it to be more dragon-like.. or make it a dragon serpent, either works, I think. ;D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  5. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    It realy seems to stick out of the UI a bit.. I don't know if it's the grey causing that effect, but maybe you should play around with it a bit more ;) P.S. The dragon looks cool!

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Experimental Time indicator added. As well as a couple more dragons. XD

[​IMG]

Edit:
    The new time indicator annoyed me. So I thought I'd go for something more.. simple. Instead of having a circle in which time is shown.
    I have a orb of a planet in which I will add transparency like sort of.. cracks, giving it a sort of spiffy effect. That's the idea anyhow. Time indicator version 2.0

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Moon Mover

Moon Mover

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the dragons and the new inventory icon!

8. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wonderful. The "dragon" over the inventory icon could probably be edited into a hawk. XD

Also, MOAR UPDATES. I think this UI is getting closer and closer to completion.
    Gotta find someone to do the final touches though. Anyhow. Here ya go. I'm kinda worried the thingies up there is going down too far.

I lost my UI template so I'm not a hundred percent sure it will work. XD
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very impressive UI. I think this is what I needed for one of my in-plan project. However I still hate those leaves.

10. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The reason it doesn't look all that good now is because of one simple reason. ;D
    There's no shadows here. No light source. It's perspectives all over the place. The leaves should throw a shadow on the map. So should the inventory icon.

I'm not capable of fixing this, so I leave the final touches to an artist that truly knows what he or she is doing. XD
    I will be doodling a little more with this, but it's not much left now. XD

Edit:
    On second thought, I might make a non-leaf version. Also, updated the upper part and moved it up, just in case.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. NhazUl

NhazUl

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, copper is definitely better. Also you should remove the compass under the minimap buttons, it's really unappropriate for the theme.

Also the globe doesn't really fit into the slavic mythology design, how about some gem or a crown?

12. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The purpose was fantasy art UI intended for Bas Celik. Slavic mythology was just an example to nudge me in the right direction.
    Talked it over with Misha a while ago, which was why I steamrolled in the direction of a UI that looks Medieval with a hint of fantasy. Did I forget to tell you guys this? ;O

Edit:
    Alrighty folks, tinkered a little more with it. Gave the dragon to the right a little spin and made it decoration. ;D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Super epic clock...

14. Lord Cat

Lord Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Compared to the rest, the right and left side tops (like, next to inventory and above map) look rather bare.

15. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, my idea was to go with simplicity at those places. Also, it would draw the attention to the middle, where basically everything happens anyhow. I'm worried if I tried to even it out, the UI would instead appear.. messy.

16. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes please, do it!

OT: you might post those pics in hidden tags, they stretch the forum window too much.

17. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Looks better, hope you manage to correct the colours so they fit better together. (You mentioned anyway that you are just putting together the base things and then make it fit together sooo. :p)

Anyway, I like the old backpack item better somehow :/

18. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Really? My computer screen is pretty big, so I've never really had a problem with that. Well, might edit it later, I am lazy.

Well, if I replaced that inventory icon, the whole dragon ontop of it would have to go too, which would look worse. Yanked the inventory from the Undead UI and with a little fix, it fit like a glove.
    Here's the latest version. I'll request an artist to tweak the colors when that person does the final touches to this work. It'll be easier for me and it'll probably look better than if I did it. XD

Fantasy UI WIP Version 0.58
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Bumping this thread with the next version. Misha disliked the fact that I the inventory changed to look blizzard-ish so I edited them slightly, also made an experimental change to the time indicator.

If you don't like that one, I'll just revert to an earlier version

Fantasy UI Version 0.66
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think the new time indicator is better that the old one.