• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Map UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Was wondering:

I'd like to make a custom UI. Not just edit the theme, but literally change the ui design if possible. I've seen maps that have it done, although it looks like a tough job (more than usual photoshop)

If for example you'd make an UI in warcraft that would somehow hide the button interface and move it to the middle, causing no model viewer or stats showing. This is just an example, but enough to paint the picture

In my case I'd like to make another ui because I am frustrated with not being able to swap lumber and gold positions because I'm making a starcraft like mechanics and I want the lumber to be first then the gold.

Level 14
You can modify the UI regions easily enough (they're just rectangles with alpha in them), but I don't think they can be moved around the screen.

To swap the lumber/gold positions, just go through Game - Interface and swap the icons/text used for gold and lumber.

Icon - Gold (and the next 3)
Icon - Lumber (and the next 2)
Image - Tooltip Gold Icon
Image - Tooltip Lumber Icon

Sound - No Gold <-- disable this
Sound - No Lumber <-- disable this
Text - General - Gold Income Rate (and the next 5)
Text - General - Lumber Harvested (and the next 4)
Text - Message - 'A gold mine...' (and next one)
Text - Message - 'Gold mine could not be entangled' (2 more regarding UD/NE gold harvesting methods)
Text - Message - 'Not Enough Gold'
Text - Message - 'Not Enough Lumber'
Text -Message -' Received...' (players trading resources)

There's a couple more, but those are race-dependent messages.
Sounds like a lot, but after a little time your resources will have 'switched places.' I don't know of a way to physically swap the display locations though. If you find one, please tell me.

//\\oo//\\

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Thanks for your reply Boris Spider but this isn't the solution with the gold/lumber positions because this only makes the look like they are changed but when you get gold/lumber in-game its still the same.

I want to swap positions, not make a mask that they are swapped. What you suggested is just visual, it won't really make a difference once you start getting gold/lumber.

Thanks for the UI feedback though, appreciated. But how would you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.