1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

NEW UI WIP, Misha's Request.

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by MiniMage, Nov 11, 2011.

1. AL0NE

AL0NE

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Try turning the dragon on the time indicator into the brownish color of the rest time indicator part. perhaps you're thinking to turn the color later but i just cant wait. lol :D

2. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Actually, I thought that the clash was interesting. I was thinking about making its tail continue full cirlce around it to look sort of like oroborous. But I'm not sure how to make it work without looking weird as hell. XD

3. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That.

And you'll notice the tail seems to stop dead like this ---| so it looks cnp'd.

4. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Art, like any story, should not be worked on without any material or concept to work with. XD
    I mean, I thought it looked better with the dragon there rather than without it. Then I just had to figure out what to do with it.

Remember the leaves when I first introduced it? It was also cut off for a while. XD

5. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes I did notice.

I am just informing you of it. Changing the color would be very good too.

6. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    What about making it like.. made out of gold? Or would that just look weird? XD

7. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No no, just make it the same color scheme as the rest so it looks normal.

8. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Hm, gotcha. Well, Idonno if I actually wanna change the texture of the dragon though. Anyhow, tinkered a little more. Added chains making it look like the UI is hanging from the top of the screen. ;D
    Will try and get working on the oroborous idea once I find some fancy reverence to go on that looks cool. Well, that or just making it look like a dragon is resting on the orb. XD

Fantasy UI Version 0.68
    [​IMG]

Was bored and added the sleeping dragon version. I think the oroborous idea wont really work. XD
    Fantasy UI Version 0.70
    [​IMG]

Here's an edit adding the whole non parchment concept in here just for those that didn't like it. Enjoy
    Fantasy UI Version 0.71 Experiment
    [​IMG]

After some talk that made me unsure, I chopped it up and tested the parchment ingame. ;D
    Fantasy UI Version 0.70 Ingame Test
    [​IMG]

Damn, this is getting big. After multiple tests with the parchement ingame, I have come to the conclusion that you guys were right and made a non-parchement version.

Fantasy UI Version 0.75 Experiment
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Where are the sources?

10. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Right-o. Adding the other ones from before to simplify it for me later on.

Frame constructed using these.
    http://www.123abc.cz/download/grafika/heroes-of-might-and-magic-5-1.jpg
    http://www.gamestar.hu/apix_collect...-of-the-east_20080131155329_2221_original.jpg

The tiny thing to the right of the mini map and the origin of the possibly to be deleted parchment. We'll see how that goes.
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/290/5/a/Gothic_UI_by_TKingArt.jpg Edit: It has been confirmed, the parchment is gone.

New inventory icon.
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/216/1/0/Game_Interface_by_cseec.png

Time Indicator
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/216/b/b/page_draft_by_cseec.png

The tiny chain that holds the time indicator.
    http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/216/7/e/Sicilia_by_cseec.png

While I am at it. Intended to manipulate this to serve as the inventory blocker, but I'm not a 100% sure I'm going to use it. We'll see about that as well.
    http://www.skill-capped.com/images/videos/class_video_placeholder.jpg

The dragons, leaves, ect.
    Default WC3 Human UI
    Default WC3 Night Elf UI
    Default WC3 Undead UI

That's about it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  11. Googlieeyes

Googlieeyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    looks good imo :) I liked the first backpack icon but thats just me xD and I think whitish/crystaly leaves may have been cool too. just ideas.

12. Kno_Mad

Kno_Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    looking good, I like the latest clock idea, it works well! (although, personally, I still think you should replace the night-elf leaves with dragon scales; but I understand they are hard to find, so yeah....)

if you are going to incorporate shades of brown in the UI (the leaves, the map thing and some of the stuff at the top), don't you think that backpack would look better shaded brown not grey? (and maybe if it is 85%/90% of its current size?)

re: size: its just that everything around the backpack is very fine textured (looks like drawn with a fine pencil) and then the bacpack is kinda boldly textured (looks like drawn with crayons). [get what i'm saying?]

re: colour: i just think brown would look better!

also, check the border above the 'send map signal' button. there is a little bit missing!

keep up the good work mate

13. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Is it only me or is your ingame screenshot extremly squeezed? (Good seeable at the peasent icon, way to squareish than it is normaly)

otherwise, looks good, I like the non paper version better.

14. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You need to lose the parchment. It looks better without it in game, (I'm guessing).

15. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    You mean stretched? Yeah, I got a big computer screen. Actually, I got two, But I cropped out the other screen because otherwise it would be too long imo. XD

You need to read my replies. Didn't you see that I wrote that after much testing ingame that I dropped it? XD

Edit: Problem? [​IMG]
    Huge Screenshot
    [​IMG]

Excuse the size, I was too lazy to crop away the other screen. So, since the two screens combined was too big, the auto resizing of this site squeezed it down somewhat. You can see that the transparency is all the way down on the screenshot of the left screen. Anyhow, apparently the idea to have it a clean style, thus, transparency all the way to the bottom, around the map.. It's not going to work. It's only transparent on the upper part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  16. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Much better. <3

17. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, I suppose it is. I did major work on centering the whole thing. After realizing how much the parchment had messed up. Misha preferred the non-parchment though.
    I'm not sure what Pharaoh thinks about this but yeah. But Pharaoh wanted the same as Misha, so I suppose it's okay anyhow. Also, it's not drastic changes here, just small ones.

Fantasy UI Version 0.85
    [​IMG]

You forgot to answer the question though.

Red Circles indicates places that needs to be filled.
    [​IMG]
    These areas need to be filled because my original idea didn't pan out, meaning I need something to fill the gap. Any ideas?

I also started tinkering a little with the inventory blocker. My idea is this. Chains attached to a shield, which itself has a lock on it. It's pretty vague, but if I find an artist.
    I'll most likely give him or her this picture and allow him to do as he or she pleases. XD

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  18. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ver 0.85 is... Pure awesomness!:vw_love:

Although.. It is only my humble opinion that the Globe/thing (it is in the center+top position of the UI) has too much information on it..

19. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit: Nvm, didn't check 8 pages later.

20. Googlieeyes

Googlieeyes

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You might want to put a dragon on the top left side. I can see one of those laying down ones fit there or maybe on the top right (talking about the minimap) not sure about the rest.