• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Costum - UI (WIP, discussion topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Custom - UI (WIP, discussion topic)

I've been making a map for a while now (is this sentence correct? :grin:), and finally I decided to create a costum UI for it. I'd like to ask the Hive's opinion about it, that's why I'm posting it here. Comments, ideas and other stuff are welcome! (Once this is complete, I will make it available for every1)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

*"Actual" means that I will only color after the shadows are done, and the WIP with color showed before is just to demonstrate the final look of the UI.

I hope you like it. Comments, ideas, suggestions, ect are welcome so please don't hesitate to express yourselves guys! :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• WIP0.jpg
    WIP0.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 565
  • WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 522
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 485
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 428
  • WIP4.jpg
    WIP4.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 418
  • WIPQ.jpg
    WIPQ.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Level 4
Sheephunter said:
I <3 your UI art :D

Here is a new WIP. (Not much improvement btw for now, still no further decoration, just fooling around with the rocks and the basic background of the UI.)

attachment.php

Q to the Hive: I'm wondering if I should add a generic light-source to the top of the UI? It would make it look better on normal War3 maps, but I fear it might loose it's darky style... (BTW, I'll make that (tomorrow) when I have time89 (^^) and post a picture.)

Ps.: Sorry for the "BY ELFoglalt alias Aleon" text, but I don't like to post unsigned stuff on the Internet if I want to use it later, until it's not 100% complete and implemented/showed where I want it to be... :con: Or in a nutshell: I'm paranoiac :grin:

Last edited:
Level 4
now i feel bad about mine
check it

Don't worry lad. Your one looks great too. I use tablet and photoshop, so I think I have some advantage :smile: Also take consider that the two UIs are totally different in style. I'm sure there are people who like yours more than mine.

Btw, I missed some updates but here is the stuff.
attachment.php

I'm kinda stuck with this part. I'd like to ask the Hive's opinion about how should this part look like:
attachment.php

Just write 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Also, did you liked better the old, stone pillar on the right, or should it be made of something less glowy, blueish crystal (as it is on the last pics)? Opinions are always welcome!

*Rocks still need some work

Status
Not open for further replies.