• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Help] Back to 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello everyone, sorry for the inconvenience but I really tried all the means before coming here to disturb the quiet of you. I made the fatal mistake of upgrading my Warcraft 1.29 to 1.30 ... and obviously I regretted it fatally, I ALWAYS use the World Editor but it is broken in this patch, the sounds are strange, some are low and others are too high, without talk on 3D Sound that does not work right, problems I did not have in 1.29.
I really wanted to be able to go back to 1.29, and maybe I would go back to 1.30 when they resolved those bugs, but by then I would like to go back to 1.29, but I can not do it at all, I tried anyway but I can not, Someone has the 1.29 files and can you pass me? Or does anyone know of some way to download 1.29 being official or not, please ... I beg ...

Level 10

MY GOD I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO THANK !!! YOU ARE A GOD! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++REP !

I love this song, I have on my cell phone! :3

@Galles: Politely and sparingly complain directly to one of your friendly local Blizzard authorities maybe?
- Kam (Associate Producer)
- MindWorX (Developer)
- brad_c6 (Developer)

I think they could not help since I'm not the only one to have this bug at 1.30, the 3D sounds are broken and in several forums there are people complaining about it and it's a 1.30 bug, I think they would tell me to wait for new updates ...
But thanks for comment :3

pyf

pyf

Level 32
[...] I really wanted to be able to go back to 1.29, and maybe I would go back to 1.30 when they resolved those bugs, but by then I would like to go back to 1.29, but I can not do it at all, I tried anyway but I can not, Someone has the 1.29 files and can you pass me? Or does anyone know of some way to download 1.29 being official or not, please ... I beg ...
Enough people must ask / demand / complain long enough to the proper representatives, for things to officially happen in the end.

Level 2
I have an old laptop with war3 installed with winxp and cannot patching after 1.27 with the new system update and cannot use the new version in my home computer, perhaps you can upload again the same file for the 1.29?the current link don't work anymore and i would upload that version in the last xp patch if possible

Level 9
I downloaded it and finally got it to run but now a new problem emerged.
The custom campaigns do not display in the game '(
Anyone can help me..?

Level 9
I did that but it's still the same
When I downloaded it, there was the demo campaign in the Campaigns folder when I opened the game, there was nothing.
I copied the campaigns to the folder thought it might show, still nothing. ')

Edit: It worked. I was pasting in the wrong folder lol. @Shar Dundred You have my life

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I did that but it's still the same
When I downloaded it, there was the demo campaign in the Campaigns folder when I opened the game, there was nothing.
I copied the campaigns to the folder thought it might show, still nothing. ')

Edit: It worked. I was pasting in the wrong folder lol. @Shar Dundred You have my life
As yet another reminder no one will ever care about:
Warcraft III Data Migration - Blizzard Support

:slp:

Level 23
Is there any link on hiveworkshop for the 1.26 patch (or 1.27). I mean, it's not about piracy, just that I accidentally removed my 1.26 version of wc3, but now I find that I need it... When I searched the hive just now, it keeps giving me links to the installer patches, but when I try to apply them, the post 1.28 changes makes them not work. Was just wondering if there is a link on hive for the actual 1.26 folder which can just be copy pasted onto the computer (such as #2 by Tommi).

Level 20
Does anyone know if I keep my progression or not in a custom campaign if I revert back to this patch?
Game Cache is always the same as long as the custom campaign uses it the same way.

As for unlocked Campaign buttons that depends entirely on which version of the Custom Campaign you're using. If you're using the same version of that you shouldn't have to change anything for that, either.

Level 20
No one said anything about saved files. Game Cache and Buttons work exactly as described. The only thing 'dangerous' about it is if you're playing different versions of the same campaign.

Level 13
The problem with backpatching is that you won't be able to test in the latest environment, VERY PROBLEMATIC. Blizzard commonly changes functions and whatnot, (like the recent change to 0 indexing for some of the new functions) so unless you are producing for a 1.29 hosting service, you're stuck waiting for a fix.

At the moment, I cant even open my project in editor. First 1.31 patch let me open map, but not save it. Its been weeks since I let blizz devs know, but the modders keeping the customs community afloat is the LAST priority for them sadly :/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
i downalod this Exodus of the Horde (Original Voice Over), but when i put inside the campaign the game not show that
only the original whitout the voice
So you've put int in C:users/documents etc.? Try another campaign. See if it works.
Did you properly copy the game? Which version by the way? 1.29?
I think the game asks you for the CD-Keys so it can make its folder registries. Did that happen?

Level 2
So you've put int in C:users/documents etc.? Try another campaign. See if it works.
Did you properly copy the game? Which version by the way? 1.29?
I think the game asks you for the CD-Keys so it can make its folder registries. Did that happen?

yes i put in the correct folder and just see the old one not that
i use the 1.29.2 that i download on this topic and no, not ask the cd-key just copy the folder where was the other war3 installation

Level 20
yes and i see it correctly instead exocud with the voice is not visible
So you definetely got the folders right... Have you tried other custom campaigns?

Also, try downloading the campaign again, perhaps something got screwed up in download. If that doesn't work, open the campaign in the world editor and save it.

Level 2
need help!

how change the game language?
I noticed that from version 1.30 the game (on first start) automatically set it, according to the language of the operating system.
but what about 1.29 version? (mpq files)

Level 4
need help!

how change the game language?
I noticed that from version 1.30 the game (on first start) automatically set it, according to the language of the operating system.
but what about 1.29 version? (mpq files)

Hey I'm wondering if this requires a CD Key? I run WC3 in my old PC running 1.26 and XP, and no longer have a CD Key. This is why I've been unable to update to new patches as I am not interested in buying or supporting Reforged in any way.

Level 1
Hello, can you help me? ^. ^!
This is my situation, I downloaded the Warcraft III 1.29.2 folder from the link they put, I unzipped the files and put the folder in C: \ Program Files (x86). Well, there I open the Warcraft 3 folder and I get the usual, campaigns, maps, movies, redist, etc, ... Can someone explain to me what I should do there, is that when I give the Warcraft launcher to install the game, it starts and it comes out to install with blizzard directly, without putting a key or anything, and obviously it gives me Reforged.

I need help!! xD I want to play Warcraft 3 1.29 again so I can play custom campaigns. I DO NOT want the reforged.

Status
Not open for further replies.