• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do we get our WC3 back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
If I have 1.27 installed can I just use the 1.30.4 game files without any other patches?
You can't update to post 1.27 because there are no patches for it.
You have to download the entire game as in those links.
Make a backup beforehand of your current folder.
After you download one of the archives in those links don't put the game over yours. Put it in a different folder.
Don't go online so you won't get 1.32.

Level 2
change a Language on a installed version is not possible?
I try to find a 1.29 version but in italian Language and cannot find now unfortunally

Level 1
I went through, changed my old game folder to WC III and created a new one with the downloaded files that I had installed. ROC works fine but TFT says "Warcraft III was unable to find a CD Key. Please reinstall the game from Warcraft III CD".

Any tips?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I went through, changed my old game folder to WC III and created a new one with the downloaded files that I had installed. ROC works fine but TFT says "Warcraft III was unable to find a CD Key. Please reinstall the game from Warcraft III CD".

Any tips?
Try removing it from regedit or something first.
The game should ask you to insert them when you run the .exe.

Level 7

Any tips?
If you're on Windows press Windows Key + R then paste this: %programdata%\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III
There should be 3 files files: roc.w3k, tft.w3k, user.w3k. If you're only having problems with tft, open tft.w3k with notepad and insert your original key.

Level 1
I purged the WC III registry like Arthas did with Stratholme. Starting fresh

1. Install ROC 1.21b - fill in ROC key
2. Install TFT 1.21b - fill in TFT key
3. Run 1.26 patch as admin
4. Run 1.27 patch as admin

Until this point everything works out perfectly. TFT launches as 1.27 without problems. Then when I "move and replace" the 1.29.2 and 1.30.4 Game Files to the WC III folder, the TFT ceases to launch and gives me this popup:
TFTRIP.png

I ran %programdata%\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III and the folder was empty. I moved the three files(roc.w3k, tft.w3k, user.w3k) but it still isn't launching. I am using Windows 8.1 btw.

Level 1
Hey,

Just updating. Got the problem solved. As a reminder to everyone who goes through the installation, remember to restart your computer between the major phases of installation.

I uninstalled everything, cleared registry, restarted computer and went through the steps again and now it works as intended.

Another hint - SET YOUR GRAPHICS SETTINGS TO WHAT YOU WANT AFTER INSTALLING THE GAME! After updating the game my resolution setting was greyed out and stuck at 800x600 so I had to fix this stuff through regedit. My menu is still ugly with black bars at both left and right but the game and cinematics are fine so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.