• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reverse to Classic WC3 TFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Dear Guys,

I just found out how to reverse back to classic WC3 TFT:

OMG! I CAN GO BACK TO CLASSIC TFT NOW. EVERYONE COME READ! :D

Hi, Everyone, for whom wants to go back to Classic TFT.

-Go to Downloads on battle.net 134. https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download/ 531
-Download Warcraft® III: Public Test Realm
-After download it, Install it, then Click on Warcraft® III Public Test Icon on your destop. Launch it!

Now you are back to Classic TFT :) :)
Now you can make a new account. I think blizzard combined all 4 world servers into 1now. everyone is in here now. add your old friends back and we play.

Please Leave this a reply and like after you done, so make this to top, so everyone can see this, and come back to TFT Classic. thank you.

Bye now reforge, let’s wait for they fix all the bug, able to add friend and make profiles. we will be back to try again.

Its been 18 years. they should have worked on making Warcraft 4 instead of reforged. have they started making it yet? We want to keep everything good from the original Warcraft 3, but we need a totally new game. My dear Blizzard, what have you been doing this many years?

Credits to AaronK@https://us.forums.blizzard.com

I want to thank him in blizzard forum but cant login :(

Thanks Aaronk.

Level 11
Public test isn't an answer. Better download an older version of the game. Look at the post below:
For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

Now, this post suggests patching to nothing newer than patch 1.27b, as supposedly later patches have the new launcher and will automatically update to reforged. However, I can say, that newer patches have direct game exe's, that don't open the launcher, and don't update anything (I had 1.31 patch till yesterday, when my brother accidentally opened the launcher and updated :D). Anyways, you can still download patches 1.29, or 1.30.4 and activate them using the game key you got when you purchased WC3.

Level 2
Public test isn't an answer. Better download an older version of the game. Look at the post below:
For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

Now, this post suggests patching to nothing newer than patch 1.27b, as supposedly later patches have the new launcher and will automatically update to reforged. However, I can say, that newer patches have direct game exe's, that don't open the launcher, and don't update anything (I had 1.31 patch till yesterday, when my brother accidentally opened the launcher and updated :D). Anyways, you can still download patches 1.29, or 1.30.4 and activate them using the game key you got when you purchased WC3.

1.29 and 1.30 you can download all the game, is not possible to download those patch and update manually a old copy if i'm correct

Level 11
1.29 and 1.30 you can download all the game, is not possible to download those patch and update manually a old copy if i'm correct
Hmm (thankfully, goodness), I had version 1.30 put into zip file and saved as backup before my game was updated. Managed to restore it today. I will check out and see if it's possible to update or whatever.

By the way, to anyone, who had an older version purchased and want to restore it... Make sure you not only uninstall reforged, but clear the registry of warcraft 3, so you could enter the keys again, once you get your hands on older patch files. For me, it took some fiddling around, but I made it. Back to 1.30.4.

EDIT: You might need to start the Launcher (not just direct exe) once or twice, and agree to installation. Seemingly, unless you do this, the game gets confused in the CD-KEY window and might not load properly. Fiddle around with it. Keep a backup folder ready at all times.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hmm (thankfully, goodness), I had version 1.30 put into zip file and saved as backup before my game was updated. Managed to restore it today. I will check out and see if it's possible to update or whatever.

By the way, to anyone, who had an older version purchased and want to restore it... Make sure you not only uninstall reforged, but clear the registry of warcraft 3, so you could enter the keys again, once you get your hands on older patch files. For me, it took some fiddling around, but I made it. Back to 1.30.4.

EDIT: You might need to start the Launcher (not just direct exe) once or twice, and agree to installation. Seemingly, unless you do this, the game gets confused in the CD-KEY window and might not load properly. Fiddle around with it. Keep a backup folder ready at all times.

unfortunally i lose my patched copy with a format time ago and i never think to make a backup because they destroy all
my issue is that i search a 1.29 in italian and cannot find a backup or a way to change the language

Level 11
unfortunally i lose my patched copy with a format time ago and i never think to make a backup because they destroy all
my issue is that i search a 1.29 in italian and cannot find a backup or a way to change the language
Apparently, you can change language on reforged by just going to Settings in Battle.net app, that you access through launcher. As for older versions - the language you purchased and downloaded with seems to be it. Unless maybe there is a hackerman way of forcing it to happen. I mean, 1.30 version does have the locale files in cef folder. Maybe there can be something done there, but I am not an expert here.

EDIT: There may be a way. Change your windows system language and system locale to Italian and Italy respectively (you might need to reinstall the game too). See if that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.