• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 RoC/ TFT gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
People need to save those blizzard updates, particularly the stable ones like 1.26, 1.27 etc. Although reforged will be awesome, I have big doubts that it will sprout as much custom stuff (particularly original non wc3 storyline campaigns) as did the original wc3 and some of those are pure gold in my book

Level 6
Never thought blizzard would come to this, after all wc3 is pretty much a classic game

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Probably the legacy version will go free as Brood War did.
Unlikely.
Too many would rather get the free old version than the new one, especially since they can play with owners of the new version. That would mean less profit for Blizz, also because they can sell their skins only for the new version.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Unlikely.
Too many would rather get the free old version than the new one, especially since they can play with owners of the new version. That would mean less profit for Blizz, also because they can sell their skins only for the new version.
Hey, I didn't say it will happen right away after Reforged's release. Probably, Reforged would go through some proper sales before classic Warcraft III becomes free.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I still would not count on it happening at all. Skin sales and all.

In fact, I expect them to drop all support for the classic version a few years after release of Reforged.
They risk angering fans. The risk is not worth it. Those who will have Reforged by the time classic becomes free will be accustomed to it and will possibly get into microtransactions but the classics will just benefit from the parallel patching. Of course, they will add stuff to Reforged with patches which classic won't get but that's the psychology they're playing on fans with.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Unlikely.
Except... You've seen that that's exactly what they did with Starcraft, right? Released a Remaster for $$ and immediately made the OG available for free.

And it seems to be working just fine over there, so why not here?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I read somewhere that standard wc3 will be included in reforge, effectively getting 4 games for 30$
You mean 3 games in one?

Anyway yes Reforged will include both RoC and TFT keys for play before reforged goes live. That said there is currently an unspecified issue, so you will receive them at a later date.

I would not be surprised if the keys go live with the next version of Warcraft III.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
For the record, the second link is now dead, and the text of the first one has been updated 15 hours ago (but hey, don't get excited).

** Edit (November 16) **

The second link is back, and both have been updated two days ago, this time with the relevant information some people have been waiting for. Hell, it's about time!
:grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.