• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How long will Warcraft 3 last?

How long do you think Warcraft 3 will last?

• Forever and ever to the everlasting ever!

Votes: 97 40.9%
  • Maybe 5-15 more years

Votes: 73 30.8%
  • Only a few more years.

Votes: 52 21.9%
  • Until the day after tomorrow.

Votes: 15 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
As the topic says. How long until everything shuts down? How long until we all here at the Hive says goodbye and thank eachother for great art and systems? Will it all stop when we are gone and our children is playing other games, since they have no good memories and relationship with WC3? Or maybe Blizzard's legendary game will live on until end of time?

Level 9
If a game like starcraft 1 Could had survived until the Release of It's Sequel(that too nearly after 10-15 years) even at professional Scenes till date,
What's wrong in Warcraft 3 ?
If it had to die, it would had already been dead.
Wc3 will live long! nothing can replace it.

Level 8
The graphic engine is weak if you look at the stats. But Blizzard have done something unique through their concept art. What they lack in graphic stats compared to other games today, they make up in bunches of creativity and right mixing of colors!

Level 21
Warcraft III will be remembered and nobody and *ing nobody can take that away from people. It will be known in history as a very good Blizzard game in the time and I say I enjoyed every little bit of it. It has some flaws though, but still its a epic *ing game that I would cherish it for a very long time if I wanted too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
If a game like starcraft 1 Could had survived until the Release of It's Sequel(that too nearly after 10-15 years) even at professional Scenes till date,
What's wrong in Warcraft 3 ?
If it had to die, it would had already been dead.
Wc3 will live long! nothing can replace it.

Starcraft 1 died not long ago because of an "accidental" patch I've heard, but maybe its just very wrong and people like to spread false info.

Anyways, I think Warcraft 3 will last for ever!

Level 30
Warcraft III won't die that easily, I mean this game was made in July 2002, and now look at us, do you still think franchise would end like that? I say no it won't stop, as long as everybody likes warcraft very much, the game won't end.

There are very few newcomers these days, and they are shrinking and shrinking.

Don't argue about how you'll all be playing Wc3 10 years down the track. By then, you'd be an adult and you'll have more important priorities than playing a *ty, ancient computer game.

Wc3 will die out, be it in a year, a decade, or a millennium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Good news then, I just saw an increase in the population of Warcraft III by at least 10% just in one month, lol it's not dying, it's expanding!

Level 8
If I had a time machine, I would have gone straight back to the day Mike Morhaime was asking people to join his dream of programming games!

omg, what a insane adventure they have experienced...

Level 19
It's true that WarCraft III is more limited compared to the recent games Blizzard is publishing (like StarCraft II) however with World Editor itself and the other modding tools for WarCraft III makes the game last forever.

Every now and then there will always be new maps uploaded, gameplay changes depending on the map your playing. People won't get bored to the game since they will be able to pick among thousands of maps uploaded online.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Maybe, with revolutionizing map styles, people would be incited to stay longer. Right now I see RPGs and more RPGs along with AoS.
"The Kingdom of Kaliron", as well as "Gaias Retalliation", for what I've told, have reached the top of quality in their genres. "DotA Allstars" is pretty much the only AoS being played. People should dedicate to originality.

Level 12
As Ghost Thruster said, Warcraft III will eventually die out. Out-competed by other games or over-played by fans, Warcraft III fans will eventually move on to greener pastures (When there are greener pastures of course).

But we're Warcraft folk and we make the best out of everything.

As the topic says. How long until everything shuts down? How long until we all here at the Hive says goodbye and thank eachother for great art and systems? Will it all stop when we are gone and our children is playing other games, since they have no good memories and relationship with WC3? Or maybe Blizzard's legendary game will live on until end of time?

Warcraft 3 in particular is questionable, but Warcraft in general will last @ least a decade or more i guess. What may happen, is the *birth* of a new Warcraft 4 maybe, in order to continue the storyline. Who knows, what the future holds? :goblin_yeah:

Level 19
From what I could tell, the amount of players playing Warcraft III (In Battle.Net/Garena) that I've seen for this month is increasing compared to last month (Which also happens to be a lot), so it probably is far from dying.

Level 19
Lol. It's one of the few games which cannot actually die, even by this very hour, 15 new members have just bought the game in Asia, many more will and my friends are already working on a program which will help modders in Warcraft III better.

Level 19
Heh, it's some update to JASSHelper and another one's a new extension.
I haven't asked them much though, so maybe I'll gather more info next time:)

Level 19
Hehe true, who knows what new stuff players or Blizzard could come up with to help Warcraft III progress and live even further:)

Level 24
I think that hiveworkshop still is up and popular proves to 100% that warcraft still lives and will do so for a while ;)

whatcha saying? I've played the first halo online a while ago and that games prity treacherous and there are actualy heaps of people still playing that when there are epicly better new Halo games that they don't play Instead(I know that the new halos are more populure:p).
I can almost guarantee that Wc3 will last for atleast 1 year after Wc4 will be released =D. Especially with a community like this backing it up.

Level 15
whatcha saying? I've played the first halo online a while ago and that games prity treacherous and there are actualy heaps of people still playing that when there are epicly better new Halo games that they don't play Instead(I know that the new halos are more populure:p).
I can almost guarantee that Wc3 will last for atleast 1 year after Wc4 will be released =D. Especially with a community like this backing it up.
Same with Doom 2, that game still lives. Believe me its played online!

Level 19
I guess Warcraft III was, is and will be one of the few games known to mankind that can live on forever and still continue to suit the likings of players.

Level 8
I can almost guarantee that Wc3 will last for atleast 1 year after Wc4 will be released =D.
Well.. WC4 is kinda World of Warcraft, they can't make a WC4 without a continuing story of the previous game.

Only chance for WC4 is when Blizzard release their new MMO with the codename "Titan", which most likely will be a whole new universe, then World of Warcraft's story will begin to slow down and eventually stop, making it possible to continue the story in WC4.

With the philosophy of Blizzard, to work hard and long to release only perfect products, it will be a long time 'til we see WC4.
But thank god that there is creative people like Blizzard out there, that's not interested in your money but your love <3

Level 19
Hmm... Or there could be some alternative story for Warcraft III, like how stuff happens even after you think the 'final strongest unit' dies, then something else starts to create a whole new thing.
But I personally think Warcraft IV is quite possible, Blizzard seems to be hinting us about something...

Status
Not open for further replies.