• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monsters in The Castle TD v1.3a

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
stan0033 presents
Monsters in the Castle TD
a Solo / Co-op Classical Tower Defense

How does it work? how to play?
- There are 2 teams of 5 players each. Team 1 defends the upper half of the map, and team 2 defends the lower half.
- Your worker can move instantly to any point within his half of the map, that is also not on the road where monsters roam
- The host can determine difficulty by setting
  • the number of waves (5,10,15,20)
  • the duration of the build time (45,60,75,90s)
  • the limit of how much monsters can pass through the end portal without the game ending (10,20,30,40)
  • can players build during the defend phase?
- When all players feel ready, the host must write the command -start to start the game. This is to give you time to explore your buildings and tooltips.
- Before each wave the players are given [host-decided] seconds time to build cannons and 400 gold.
- After the [build mode] is over, the [raid mode ]begins. If you cant stop a wave, a number of monsters escape, the game will be lost.
- If a wave is stopped successfully, you will enter another [build mode] for [host-decided] seconds.
- Each wave has gives creeps +1% movement speed and +0.6 armor, starting from wave 2

- Some monsters have permanent invisibility so don't forget to build a [Revealer]
- You can research upgrades for damage, speed, stun duration and slow amount at your [Upgrades] building.
- Each killed monster gives bounty
- There is a multiboard that counts kills and buildings
- If you stop all waves, you win the game!

Upgrades
- You have one building from which you can make permanent upgrades for all buildings
- You can additionally upgrade each tower two times

Towers build time:
- 2 seconds (undead style)

Author's note-
- this is my first and last TD :D

NameDamageAttack CooldownSpecialCost (gold)
Fast Cannon10110
Cannon40220
Heavy Cannon80340
Stun Cannon102.5Stun10
Slow Cannon101Slow10
Area Cannon352- Area of Effect Damage spill
- Poison(requires upgrade)
RevealerReveals invisible units20

Upgrade cannons Damage
Upgrade cannons haste
Upgrade Stun Cannon's stun duration
Upgrade Slow Cannon's slow duration
Enable Area Cannon's Poison

NameHit PointsMovement SpeedBounty GivenSpecial
Mini Sludge1003005
Sludge2003009
Lesser Voidwalker30030013
Great Sludge40030017
Mini Stalker2003509Permanent Invisibility
Fel Stalker50030021
Stump Monster60030025
Pumpkin Monster67530029
Great Pumpkin Monster75030031
Wendingo80030035immune to stun and slow tower
Ancient Stalker90030040
Monster Boss0 + 1000*(wave number)270100
- immune to stun and slow tower
- boss aura (100% hp regen)
- one per wave

[TR]

[/TR]

• write -clear to clear the chat
  • Press Esc to select and pan to your worker
  • The host (player 1) must write -start once to start the game

the loading screen image is generated by https://gencraft.com
Loading screen by Crazynutter
music loop downloaded from https://ironchestgames.itch.io/ironchests-dungeon-music-loops?download
Ancient Runica by PetHer01c3
SludgeMonster by @Happy Tauren
Console by @Trollschnitzel
The Great Pumpkin Monster by @WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Stump Monster by @skrab
Stalker by @Fingolfin
Storm Bolt by Vinz
Psionic Shot by Vinz
magic aura 01 by CreatorD3292

- Gameranger players
- polardude
- Shadow Fury

05/08/23
- Uploaded v1.0

06/08/23:

- your upgrades building now has an icon like a hero so you can easily see it and use it
- changed the laoyout. Now portal 2 will be in the lower half of the map for team 2 to not be screwed by team 1
- the damage of all towers reduced by half. the upgrades too.
- added an option the host to choose if during the game the plaeyrs can build during a wave or not
- added a music track that plays when you win the game
- added a blink effect when you move your worker
- the portals now have the icon of neutral building on the minimap
- colored tooltips for the cannons to be easier to read
- added a dummy that will provide monsters with bonuses incrementally with each wave (speed,armor)
- added to the multiboard (passed unit)/(pass limit) (thanks polardude)
- now you can build towers without having to finish them, because they finish themselves (undead-style) (thanks @polardude)
- The multiboard will now show only after the host picked all options. This is to ensure no bugs with the multiboard.
- the towers can now all be upgraded 2 times to have higher attack. (sellf upgrade comes before global upgrade)
- now a sound plays when player 1 writes -start
- added hero unit for each wave that is the toughest to take down
- fixed an error in one of the dialogs (thanks polardude)
- the movement of the workers incresaed to 522
- the build icon is now revealer's

1.1a
- gave names for the boss giants to not be default string
- replaced the sound of cant build thee with custom
- put warning when a player leaves the game
- fixed the heavy cannon';s projectile to be visible, because the required texture wasnt imported
- player 11's name and force is now monsters
- lifted the projectiel height of the upgraded buildings
- destroy tower ability now refunds 10g
- reduced the given gold from 400 to 300 for balance for each round

1.1b
- all monsters now have 1hp/s hp
- the boss's aura now gives +400% hp regen bonus
- the time of day is now fixed
- now the monsters will move to the center of the angles instead of taking the shorter way
- added to the multiboard number of monsters left alive
- fixed the problem that some towers could not be properly upgraded
- fxeda problem where message after wave was displayed twice
- when a player leaves now his name in the multiboard will also become gray
- fix towers attack effect color
- The handicap of the mosnters is now adjusted based on the number of players: 100%/100%/130%/130%/150%/150%/180%/180%/200%/200%
- upon victory or defeat the multiboard title will change
- fix camera height of tower upgrades
- fixed a bug where random mosnters will not start moving , which caused the game to stagnate
- fixed a bug with the counting of some later waves, that casued the game to stagnate
- increased the levels of attack and haste upgrade by 5
- also added the missing hotkeys for the other levels of the upgrades
- repositioned the buttons of the upgrades of the upgrade console and for each building

07/08/23:
1.1c:
- Gold given before each wave now is incremented by 30, starting from 400
- The monsters will now give bounty as intended
- Local upgrades for all buildings now cost 10gold
- poison upgrade reduced to 300g and increased levels to 11
- The towers now have more team color on them to be better recognized.
- upon defeat the music stops now

1.1d
- now when you win the game, after the song is played, yo uare sent to the scorescreen
- new tower: icemancer that has freeze ability
- upgrade for it too, with duration
- the models of the towers have now clearer seen team color
- the armor bonus for the monsters is now +1 per wave instead of +0.60

08/08/23
1.1e
- Now the grass uses a new texture that is an edit of https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/rings_grass-blp.270142/
- now there is onscreen effect when a unit passes the end portal
- the angles of the road's brick walls are now very tall
- Now the loading screen is using a new method of displaying that allows to be working also in Reforged

1.1f
- Fixed a numerical error for the upgrade for haste
- You have now a second resource - Crystals. It will be used for upgrades. Gold will only be used to build towers.
- Becaause of the previous change, gold given each round is reduced, and its increment per wave too.
- The boss also talks during the game
- Your worker and your towers are no longer invulnerable
- Your worker has new name
- the sound message for no gold is again custom
- the title of the multiboard durign a wave now also contains the number of the wave

1.3a:
11/11/23
- a lot of improvements
- changed the tileset and added columns and other things
- split the map into 2 closed ares for each team
- Each tower-type has different crystal#s shape and color now
- ordering to build somewhere teleports the worker and then builds. This allows no delay.
- starting and ending cinematic
- can play single player
- dialogs for the host and the start of the game to adjust the game settings
- custom sounds
- Freeze now has proper range
- messages for each wave!
Previews
Contents

Monsters in The Castle TD v1.3a (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
No fixes and updates in over 3 months. Simple.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
There's no reason for the build menu to be canceled when teleporting/moving the builder. It's quite annoying in fast building situations.
Also, the builder moves if ordered to build at a distance, and only teleports by right clicking or issuing the move command.
Towers look quite similar and it can become a nuisance to know which type you select.
Freeze can't be cast as the range is too low.
Bonus: no optimization for 1 or fewer players.

While the idea is nice, the current state is rough and plain. There are much more better TDs out there for now that have the role this one wants to play.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Some towers are still hard to differentiate, maybe more crystal colours or something, even the team coloured parts to be different.
  2. Ability and upgrade descriptions are not shown during the red blinking screen when enemies traverse the portal.
  3. Generally, would be nicer for more automated stuff, not to have to cast abilities like Freeze yourself.
  4. Still too few towers and not that much replayability value for now. I'd like more ideas put into this, maybe some branching of towers, like decide which type of ice tower you'd like to upgrade to as an example. Play some high rated TD maps to get more inspiration.
EDIT: a Sludge remained stuck at the entry portal essentially stopping all incoming waves.
1699799368427.png

Level 4
after setting the rules, the monster waves don't start, plus don't have any gold to start building towers

Level 4
Use chat command - start. Doesn't it tell you in game? Or written in the bundle description?

will try again and check if can see that.

edit- yep, is in pre game log. btw would be nice if towers looked a bit more different.

Last edited:
Level 4
Played this map with 2 friends. My mates where in Team 1 and i was alone Team 2. I came to point (100 max food) all towers fully upgraded I couldn't do anything with gold and send all my gold to my mates. Quite late in the game we had to leave the game because it didn't continue (wave didn't spawn...). I can't remember the wave but it was above wave 20 or something like that.

Notification:

• Speed tower costs less and upgrade (cost 10 gold) +5 damage is alot more worth than going for the slow high damage tower (upgrade costs 40 gold and increase damage by like 5).
  • Map couldn't be beat because the waves stopped spawning (something above wave 20) and don't know when its last wave.
  • Map is missing at least a Message when map is finished...

Ideas:

• Some way maybe to buy lumber (upgrade points for gold)?
  • Creeps that finish the maze are going to other maze too (now: they only take a life and are killed reaching the end of the maze)
this bothered my mates alot..

Played this map with 2 friends. My mates where in Team 1 and i was alone Team 2. I came to point (100 max food) all towers fully upgraded I couldn't do anything with gold and send all my gold to my mates. Quite late in the game we had to leave the game because it didn't continue (wave didn't spawn...). I can't remember the wave but it was above wave 20 or something like that.

Notification:

• Speed tower costs less and upgrade (cost 10 gold) +5 damage is alot more worth than going for the slow high damage tower (upgrade costs 40 gold and increase damage by like 5).
  • Map couldn't be beat because the waves stopped spawning (something above wave 20) and don't know when its last wave.
  • Map is missing at least a Message when map is finished...

Ideas:

• Some way maybe to buy lumber (upgrade points for gold)?
  • Creeps that finish the maze are going to other maze too (now: they only take a life and are killed reaching the end of the maze)
this bothered my mates alot..
1.Sometimes a creep doesnt start walking the path and remains at the start. So put towers there. If he is invisible, have a revealer. I'm sure the game counts monsters correctly.
2. There is clearly an ending after all waves.
3. If you dont want to play toio much, set it to less waves. You dont always have to go with 30.

Last edited: