• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monoconfront: Master of Tides v1.2

Details
Monoconfront
Master of Tides
v1.2

descript.png

Introduction

This is short Single Player 20-25 minutes gameplay RPG, in which you might take a role of troll tribe chief and dive into battle with force of sea deeps. Map contains 3 easily found secrets, 11 unique items and wonderful music.

Story

Not so long time ago, ancient evil have risen from the deepest seas. They call themselves Wushanni temple cult. Wushanni itself began terrorizing the woods, slaughtering villagers, flooding land with all-destroying waves of water. Woods are damned with curse of unstoppable Wushanni cult.
Thicktusk Tribe forces are ready to clash with Wushanni. This may require tremendous bloodshed across the temple, but it is the only way to stop Wushanni temple cult from an absolute tirony across the land of great woods.

Credits
Hiveworkshop Models / Icons:
Tarrasque
Mc !
hortaxman
Buster
Marenko
neogaidenx
Callahan
Forgotten_Warlord
apaka
levigeorge1617
Ampharos_222
Misha
DonDustin
Kehel
Chriz.
Champara Bros
sPy
JetFangInferno
Tranquil
PrMosquito
shamanyouranus
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
bigapple90
Freezer
NFWar
PeeKay
marcus158
Infrisios
Akolyt0r
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Lord_T
-Berz-
Sundance
Carrington2k
Elainiel

Wc3Campaigns Models:

Daelin
Nasrudin

GUI Knockback System:

Paladon

Music:

Loki - Heroes of Mythology
Screenshot 1.
98183023.png

Screenshot 2.
12256365.png

Screenshot 3.
99819958.png

Screenshot 4.
30640810.png

Screenshot 5.
73600175.png

Screenshot 6.
70341990.png

v1.1

Imported new music track, which may play while fighting boss
Changed preview image
Tribe heal effect model have been changed
Created a teleportation item appearing once complyting first Quest
Temple Serpent got its attack slightly increased
Forest Beast have been strengthened
Tome of Stats now adds 4 stats instead of 2
Some items now are more powerful
Added 2 brand new items to be picked
Implented a GUI knockback system by paladon

v1.2

Balanced few items due to overpowerness
Prevented an exploit which enables hero to jump over pathing blockers

Keywords:
Mono, Confrontation, Confront, Monoconfront, RPG, Night, Elf, Elves, Troll, Trolls, Felwood, Thicktusk, Master, Of, Tides, Wushanni, Temple, Other.
Contents

Monoconfront: Master of Tides v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
17:58, 2nd Sep 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Review:

Gameplay:

Woo custom spells <3
The custom spells are really awesome, neat effects, not overpowered at all, a wide range of abilities, from healing ones to damaging ones and buffing abilities.
The custom items also really change the course of the game, there's a nice amount of items to buy as well in the beginning.
The boss fight is really thrilling, very intense at times, the boss does a lot of different things overtime, he doesn't repeat the same spell. His spells are very flashy, although some of his spells are really kinda frustrating, they kill your allies' units instantly for example.

Terrain:

Again, an excellent terrain, a marvelous environment to look at, not empty at all, completely filled up by plants, ruins, etc.

Other:

The map is very polished, it has an nice intro, the dialogue is awesome, the item tooltips are very polished and colorized, although the custom spells' tooltips could have been a bit shorter.

Also:

*A second custom soundtrack for the boss fight, maybe a faster one
*make the hero invulnerable when using Thunder Storm
*The healing wave sound effect is very annoying
*Add a teleporter next to the merchant leading you to the arena after you've defeated the Fernar and bought your items
*Corrosive Strike's icon is very blurry
*A custom loading screen
*A real outro

Overall:

A really neat map again made by an excellent mapper, it has a lot of potential, some tweaks here and there and the map will be perfect.

Rating: 4/5

Level 31
@Vengeancekael

Thank you for your review and rating. All these compliments really motivates and inspires me to proceed this enjoyable work.
His spells are very flashy, although some of his spells are really kinda frustrating, they kill your allies' units instantly for example.
Basically this is for balancing. Ally wipe out is necessary to keep game challenging, because large amount of allies in a spot may do really big harm to Boss in short period of time. This may lead to quick end. And to same amount of forces per 40 seconds is not so difficult, but it depends on what stance you are though. Sometimes I was lucky to cause 1000-1200 health loss to boss in ~20 seconds due to amount of ally while testing, that's pretty massive!
*A second custom soundtrack for the boss fight, maybe a faster one
I do have a track for it, would fit perfectly to boss fighting, because it sounds like fast savage jungle track. But then the size of map would be nearly 5 MBs. :(
*make the hero invulnerable when using Thunder Storm
This would make sense, but then hero might be overpowered. There is an item which makes hero invulnerable, basically to be used while Boss cast area of effect damage spell, to avoid damage caused and stun. This may be provided by item, and Thunder Storm would make it like a free chance to manipulate invulnerablity.
*The healing wave sound effect is very annoying
Hehe, I believe every sound may be so annoying due to such repetitive use. I may try to replace it with more silent one.
*Add a teleporter next to the merchant leading you to the arena after you've defeated the Fernar and bought your items
This may work, only if player would find at least these two treasure chests and shop properly, this might be good idea to save some time, even though the distance ain't so far.
*A custom loading screen
I'm not really going for it, it just would add size and nothing to gameplay, which is the most important I think.
*A real outro
What do you mean?

There I can't gave you more than 4/5, sorry, map is good but it's small (short) and that's is first problem.

Also it miss:
-Difficulties
-Game modes
-Random events
-Not so linear story
-Maybe few side quests (can be liked with this above, but I will keep it separated because of few things)
-Different heroes (with different main quest or story or info)

etc etc

Level 31
There I can't gave you more than 4/5, sorry, map is good but it's small (short) and that's is first problem.

Also it miss:
-Difficulties
-Game modes
-Random events
-Not so linear story
-Maybe few side quests (can be liked with this above, but I will keep it separated because of few things)
-Different heroes (with different main quest or story or info)

etc etc

Thank you for approval. I didn't expect it to be more than 4/5 anyway :) It's one of the highest achievement reached so far of my maps. These additions might be added within time. Thanks again.

Or just attach the bigger file to a post for people who have a fast internet connection.

I'm not really sure if you can do it in post #1. But I may add the music track anyway, because I got just the right one. :)

Level 31
I think Fernar should give enough exp to get to level 3 (or enough that killing the forest beast as well gets you there).

Other than that and the lack of an ending, great map indeed.

Thanks. :)
You see, level up restore life and mana immediately and once leveled up at the gates you are able to take down Farnar and Beast as well while level 2. You shouldn't mind life / mana once Farnar is eliminated, because once entered the temple you get life and mana restored just by getting there. Gaining third level would give an advantage of restoring life / mana while fighting boss in very early beginning.

(...) wasn't much of an RPG in the traditional sense as far as length wise (...)

Yeah probably you are right, but I think this category would fit the best, because I couldn't find anything more familiar to it.

Gonna check out the cinematic, (...)

Ugh.. It is not cinematic type resource.

Level 4
Thanks. :)
You see, level up restore life and mana immediately and once leveled up at the gates you are able to take down Farnar and Beast as well while level 2. You shouldn't mind life / mana once Farnar is eliminated, because once entered the temple you get life and mana restored just by getting there. Gaining third level would give an advantage of restoring life / mana while fighting boss in very early beginning.

Yeah probably you are right, but I think this category would fit the best, because I couldn't find anything more familiar to it.

Ugh.. It is not cinematic type resource.

Whoah, pardon. I dunno what was I thinking.

Level 26
that map was really enjoyable,, but sometimes there was a bit too much action on the screen(might be because the terrain is quite filled with details like thse pillars in the temple that take some sight.). But I really like the spells for the hero and the boss.

But the beginning could be a bit more entertainable I think. You could just give him 2-5 warriors as support and make the units a bit stronger.

Level 31
I like ;Custom spells , Terrain and Units but really too short .. Great job !

Less is more! :psmile:
Glad you liked it, thanks for rating as well.

that map was really enjoyable,, but sometimes there was a bit too much action on the screen(might be because the terrain is quite filled with details like thse pillars in the temple that take some sight.). But I really like the spells for the hero and the boss.

But the beginning could be a bit more entertainable I think. You could just give him 2-5 warriors as support and make the units a bit stronger.

Terrain might cause some minor lag while cinematics maybe, but that's rare as well. Major cause of lag are abilities of boss, especially at Stance 6 if I remember correctly, when tentacles are being summuned and that huge crushingwave is being casted, it would give hard times to anyone!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, thanks for suggestion, I might think about it while expanding map and adding difficulty selection.

Level 3
Great map, if you add some optional quests to improve it would be even better.
Anyway I give you a 5\5, you deserve it, you have potential.

Level 15
Mgeterno's review of the Master of Tides by APproject

I will check this map out tomorrow, it sounds great and awesome! I like the screenshots and the good description. :)
I cannot check this out now, becasue i am busy.

EDIT:

So my review about this cool map:

It is a great and excellent map, i liked everything in it! Especially the models and the dodaads! I rate this map 5/5! Really good work, APproject! :thumbs_up:

i liked the camera movements, the cinematic, the coom models. :)
Terrain is nice, too. Lots of dodaads and good creeps. Show that you are a skilled mapmaker.

I liked the spells, too, and the bosses in the game!
I do not know how to make spells in trigger editor. Would you teach me with it?

Last edited:

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
This is an excellent singleplayer RPG by APproject. Although it is quite short, the terrain is simply amazing, and the RPG itself is very balanced. It has some elements of an AoS at the end, as the Thicktusk Tribe and the Wushanni minions battle it out, with each side being constantly spawned more units. Each side also had a powerful hero. The beginning was a bit boring, and although an optional quest would make it more fun, there probably isn't room to make one. I did like how you added a couple secrets in, but it seems very hard to win without getting them. The first time I played, I completely missed the first treasure chest, but found the Forest Beast and killed it. Then, when I went back to the camp, I was given the teleport stone. Thinking it was an item I could put in my inventory, I grabbded it and I was instantly teleported back to the temple. I had to run all the way back to the camp, spend my
Rubies, and run back to the temple. At that time I had just noticed the treasure chest near the temple entrance. I went to destroy it, but when I approached, the screen faded and I was transported to the battle! I think players should be given a choice "Are you ready?" "Yes" or "No" before they enter the temple. The final battle was very fun and memorable. The boss's spells were very nice and flashy, and I liked the use of custom models. Also, I believe the runes in the temple should be considered secrets. I actually didn't find them on the first time through because they were out of the way. The items the hero could buy weren't anything too special. However, they were nice looking, with a detailed tooltip and a custom icon. The hero's abilities were better, with nice special effects and a custom icon as well as a detailed tooltip.
All in all, I quite like this map. The abilities and effects were awesome, the game was hard but balanced, the items were decent, and the terrain was incredible.
5/5

Level 6
Pretty straight forward, though very very short.

Is a nice boss battle though, too bad the boss just stands there, wished he moved a little bit or something.

4/5 for being too short.

Level 2
Hardcore small map, i dont finish it, but map is very good. Landscape very good. Thx autor.

Level 3
The map, heroes and boss are visually awesome, truly stunning ! Sadly it isn't fun to play imo, I died when the boss was half hp and the start is way to slow for me to redo it. 3/5
I will check your other maps, seth's reign probably first. Thank you APproject