• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Voice Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello hivers.

Currently I am working on a single player RPG project The Legend of Osiris which is based on an interpretation of ancient Egypt myth. The map is in early process so not much have been done yet. Hiver defskull is assisting me with spells at the moment.

So I am looknig for voice actors for my upcoming project. I believe it would be fun to add more voices into the project, proper credits would be given as well.

My voice is not deep enough and I find it challenging to create several voices with one throat, hehe.

At the moment I am not rushing and immediate assistace is not needed. I just want to see if someone would be up to this and if needed I could ask for voice acting.

Needed voices for nearby future:

- Manly deep voice for the main Hero.
Example: But Horus, merciful Horus, would not kill Set, for to spill the blood of his uncle would make him no better than he.

- Oldman's voice. (Doesn't matter how it goes - high, deep, etc)
Example: It is an old story, but it is one of what Neil Gaiman calls the "Great Stories." The Great Stories are part of the core human experience and never change except in the most superficial ways.

- Woman's voice as to act for the Goddess Isis. (Most important at the moment)
Example: Only Isis, blessed Isis, remembered us. Only she was unafraid of Set. She searched all of the Nile for the box containing her beloved husband.

- Evil and rough voice for various Gods of ancient Egypt. (Seth, Horus. etc)
Example: None of the other gods dared to stand against him, for he had killed Osiris and could easily do the same to them. Great Ra turned his head aside and mourned, he did not stand against Set.

Let me know if any of you would be up to the challenge. There is nothing to be shy of, it is rather cool.

Here are some of my projects if in case you would wonder if it is worthy to begin with me:

Rise of the Gigantes
Tyr's Apprentice
Decisive Night
Monoconfront: Master of Tides

Help would be truly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 31
Great. Are you able to record? I'd like to hear your any recording first. PM me your skype.

Woman voice is really needed, but I suppose it is hard to find one among warcraft addicts, hehe.

Edit: Anyone else? Another voice would be great.

Last edited:
Level 33
Give us an example of dialog for the audition, APproject.
Each dialog example is unique with your role.

Example;

Manly Voice
Bla bla bla

Oldman Voice
Bla bla bla

Woman Voice
Bla Bla Bla

Evil and Rough Voice
Bla Bla Bla

Put this in your first post.

Level 9
Heh...looo (oldman's voice) lol
ok, wanna do something new with some free time i'm having for summer.
same as defskull, meh don't know what character in my favor BUT i'll try to show up and give you a choice where to put them in.
The most bothering me is if i won't laugh up in the record - LOL
Then there'll be a new character with the name "Crazy man" :p
Sure, i'll do give you PM or wall-spam later on
Goodluck in Hiveworkshopers got talent Thread - LOL

Level 31
I know it gonna shush girls away, but...

nail.png

perff.png

Look, ladies, I have all sort of things! Oh come divine beasts! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Meh, there are no girls among Hive community anyway. :ogre_rage:

Level 9
Oh... a question
The example dialog you gave us above should be what we suppose to "speak" in the record? since it somehow... you khow... weird
and... well, my pronunciation could be ... noob ~~ surely will try to find some online dictionaries and listen to its pronunciation :p

Level 33
Oh... a question
The example dialog you gave us above should be what we suppose to "speak" in the record? since it somehow... you khow... weird
and... well, my pronunciation could be ... noob ~~ surely will try to find some online dictionaries and listen to its pronunciation :p
I'm quite stunned too by the dialog example, yes we are to follow that dialog and record it and send it to him in .mp3 format.

So when everyone has the same dialog, he can judge which voice sounded better.

Also, APproject, the dialog is like seriously, looks weird...

It's kinda like you're doing a play on a stage lulz.

But Horus, merciful Horus, would not kill Seth, for to spill the blood of his uncle would make him no better than him.

Only Isis, blessed Isis, remembered us. Only she was unafraid of Seth. She searched all over the Nile for the box containing her beloved husband.

Level 9
LoL,... Guess wrong syntaxes are what women hate the most
Just tried out once, seems to need more practice or something :p
I played out the "Rise of the Gigantes" and somehow liked the voice actors in that map, especially the "Greek Commander" at "Hurrey!.." :p - not making joke, really. Since the voice sounds very natural, which "zeus's voice and some others can't have" :p

Keep waiting up for the "Dialog" stuff by APproject's reply. Inwhile, i'll take some invitations to my friends i know around if someone wanted to join (Well, in your allowance only too).
I have some sore throat at the moment, thought it would make things harder but well,... my voice seems... deeper than expected :p - But, confidence in pronunciations still make it bad

Level 9
Lol, guess keeping this thread active is "4 people's job", none else :( disappointed
Woo.. villian role, ya could be nice,... hmmm how 'bout your choice helmet :p - Or your time isn't fit yet to do smthing like this?
I could be the "gods of ancient egypt", just don't force me to dance the "Egyptian" ~~ i'll quit - lol

Level 31
Set = Seth = Setesh = Sutekh = Setekh = Suty.

It is not a dialog, it is some sentenctes taken from ancient egypt myth itself. I am not english meself so I may struggle at that part, yet ndh may support me with grammar and stuff.

Don't delay guys, another Hive user sent me few examples through skype. Skype can be found in my channel, it can be sent by a PM as well.

Striker21, in Rise of the Gigantes all voices were made by me only, hehe.

Level 9
Haven't read out this "myth", if there's a link for this it would come in handy to create some dialogs as well as our voice in roles. Ok, without details, i'll simply create something... weird :p in example
I'm in the progress...
Edit: Oh Wait... this should be a "mono" sound or a "stereo" sound? The software asking me for this
Edit 2: I found this. Is this the PLAY we're about to set up :)

Last edited:
Level 33
Lol sure I'll be happy to accompany you as a voice actor. I already have editing soft-wear. So just give me a script and a detailed description of how I should sound.

Dialog Examples:
- Manly deep voice for the main Hero.
Example: But Horus, merciful Horus, would not kill Set, for to spill the blood of his uncle would make him no better than he.

- Oldman's voice. (Doesn't matter how it goes - high, deep, etc)
Example: It is an old story, but it is one of what Neil Gaiman calls the "Great Stories." The Great Stories are part of the core human experience and never change except in the most superficial ways.

- Woman's voice as to act for the Goddess Isis. (Most important at the moment)
Example: Only Isis, blessed Isis, remembered us. Only she was unafraid of Set. She searched all of the Nile for the box containing her beloved husband.

- Evil and rough voice for various Gods of ancient Egypt. (Seth, Horus. etc)
Example: None of the other gods dared to stand against him, for he had killed Osiris and could easily do the same to them. Great Ra turned his head aside and mourned, he did not stand against Set.

Level 16
Fairly simple. I wont be able to complete them too soon. But if you give me some kind of scrip now. I might be able to complete it later.

Manly deep voice for the main Hero.
Evil and rough voice for various Gods

I could do the old man one. But that's not my kind of thing... Really not my style. Anyway send me a personal message for the script.

Level 31
Fairly simple. I wont be able to complete them too soon. But if you give me some kind of scrip now. I might be able to complete it later.

Manly deep voice for the main Hero.
Evil and rough voice for various Gods

I could do the old man one. But that's not my kind of thing... Really not my style. Anyway send me a personal message for the script.

I appreciate your help. Currently there is enough of men actors, yet no one signed for the god role. If I need a fresh voice I would contact you for sure. Map prograss is kind of slow due to the voice actings and text polish, so it may take a while.

Level 31
Finally a female. So my sister would not have to carry this burden, she'll stay reserved just in case.

Pharaoh_, I have the text polished by ndh. I can send it to you right away or when you get your mic back, it is up to you. It would not be full text by the character, only early beginning, I may ask your help once / few times more later if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.