1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modelling Contest #25 - Ascension

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Kyrbi0, Jul 27, 2013.

1. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    looks lovely. maybe you can find a way to merge voidwalker anims with the infernal contraption base.. or firelord, water elemental, any leg-less creature with heavy arms

-supa and jigrael, splendid work so far.

i just redid some parts of the mesh on mine and redid the wrap, so the texture will be redone as well, and considering i have a serious load of work to do, they might get on the way. i hope i can finish.

what's new is overall optmiziation, a staff and some jewerly pieces. it's missing some accessories that will be made of billboarded planes

Attached Files:

• wip3.png
      wip3.png
      File size:
      91.4 KB
      Views:
  2. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, that's just it though. Life will be picking up again because my glorious off time from it has come to an end. As such, my regular schedule will switch back to waking up at about 06:00~ or possibly an hour earlier, so that I can take the appropriate number of buses and trains to get to my destination, where I will be extremely preoccupied until I then take the same amount to get home, arriving home late and exhausted. At that point I have three hours left. One hour is spent making food for the next day, another one is spent studying. The final hour is spent watching some TV show just to relax, then I pass out and wake up early the next day and so it continues.

So yeah, I don't really have time.

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Life of a college boy :p with many public transports! I definitely get you. Same thing for me starting next week. This time the schedule is in the afternoon. While it has the advantage that I won't have to wake up early morning, it has the disadvantage of having the mid day occupied and catching those public transports always at the times when they have the most people. It's going to be horrible!

4. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My WIP:
    It's an Infernal Cannon btw.

Attached Files:

5. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Infernal Cannon? But Freddyk is already working for that!

6. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    And? Can't two people work on the same base?

7. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Never hurts to have two.
    And I didn't wanted to enter at first, but yesterday when I'm playing Awesomenauts I had an idea, so yeah, I'm here now.

8. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So, two people can work on the same base? Would anyone answer this because..................... the deadline is near, I will post my final submission tomorrow, I still dont have an Idea and I want some of the other ideas aaaannnndd............

9. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    So lets see if I can manage this shit.

trololol.PNG

10. A.R.

A.R.

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Lovin' that mesh, PROXY.

I won't be doing any more work on my submission on account of serious computer problems. Pending hard drive failure and all that. I've got everything backed up but all my 3D and 2D art programs are deactivated until I can get it all sorted out. So rawr :<

11. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was too lazy to do something in the last 2 weeks but i menaged to pas my exams and have some work hmm 4 days is still much maybe i can make it.

12. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I'm working on a hero grunt and that is my last idea. This is my first WIP and I will finish it tomorrow. Can you give a name for it?

Attached Files:

13. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My 2nd WIP

Attached Files:

14. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Here is a hero gryphon rider. This is my last WIP and idea because I need a model that needs less time.

Attached Files:

15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    There is no issue with two people picking the same base. At least not in the Official Rules; personally, I'd love to see some of the lesser-known or lesser-used Units being picked as bases, but that's just me. Nothing in the rules prohibits it.

Man, I don't know what it is, but I like it. :p Those wheels are cool, and the big flaming fingers are a nice touch.

Coming along quite nicely. I look forward to seeing this "flying hero".

Oh believe me, I understand "lacking in time". Two part-time jobs, full-time school, church & family responsibilities... Definitely takes it out of a guy. Can't blame me for trying to be inspirational/motivational, though. ;P

Welcome! Latecomer you may be, but that's no problem; we greatly anticipate your take on the Infernal Cannon! (If you change your mind, let me know. Plenty of ideas to go around.)

You play Awesomenauts, too? I just got Steam recently, and found that game for free... Seemed kinda fun, like a side-scroller DotA.

See above.

Other ideas?

Ok, fine....

How about a Troll Medicine Mon/Headshrinker (Witch Doctor -> wizened troll with bubbling cauldron, shrunken heads, tons of potions, nasty beard and ancient visage. wields a variety of wicked concoctions and vile brews aimed at making enemies quite uncomfortable... as in dead. And then raising them as zombies with a Grim Ward))...
    Or a Goblin Tradeprince ("Goblin Merchant" -> decadent Goblin royalty, posh and bedecked in jewels & furs... Or crafty Goblin merchant/baron, in a trimmed suit & fancy top hat with money-symbol cane & a bag of gold (see WoWWiki "Tradeprince"))...
    Or a Pandaren Wardancer (Pandaren; Fire -> serene warrior trained in the "dance of war"; armed with twin shaktani blades and a grim message of death sung through steel and song)...
    Or a Gnomish Technomage (Gyrocopter? -> crotchey and crazy old coot, mounted on a Mechanostrider (tm), brandishing a techno-magic wand and able to throw out Sentry Bots and Death Bots; Mechanize's fellow mechs into action with his Electro-staff & teleports)...
    Or a Human Crusader (Knight -> stalwart warrior-champion of the faltering Human populace, astride a mighty warcharger and covered in shining plate armor... wielding the BIGGEST DANG LANCE YOU EVER DID SEE as well as a bevy of powerful "Seals", empowering friends to greater valor (see "wc3 beta Crusader" on Scrolls of Lore image galleries))...
    Or a Goblin Warmech (Shredder -> powerful raging leviathan of steel and steam; crazed goblin pilot ensconced in a metallic exo-suit of techno-death-osity. Wields super vibra-blade or rocket gauntlet or repair bots or yeah)...
    Or a Nerubian Pharaoh (Crypt Fiend? -> ancient Nerubian god-on-earth, decrepit half-mummified super-mage with the power over the tenuous line between life and death; obsessed with mummies, reincarnation, and being old & dusty)...
    Or a Troll Bom-bat-ier (Batrider -> Fire-obsessed Troll warrior with bat-wing cape & twin tiki torches; burnt/scarred face or appendages (see Combustion Man), able to level structures and melt flesh with equal ease)...
    Or a Goblin Bombardier (Sappers -> insane & destructive Goblin mercenary with a love for laughter and a penchant for pipe bombs. Armed with a lighter-shield & an array of explosives, this Goblin is your worst enemies' best friend's worst enemy... Also dangerous & highly-armed (see TF2 Demoman))...
    Or a Forsaken Shadow Ascendant (Banshee? -> deeply spiritual Forsaken, so incredibly in tune with the Shadow that it has become the shadow; scion of the fathomless dark, wielding indescribable powers over night and the darkness in men's souls... (see Dark Archons))...
    Or...

I will literally keep going. Might be a little late, but that's what I mean when I say "don't complain about no ideas; ASK". :p Plenty of people willing to help.

("see" means "Google it" for pictures & descriptions.)

Your models are fine, but I'd highly suggest picking one.

Awexome, still in the running I see. Yeah, your mesh is nice, although that leg-wrap looks a little... flat (is the word?)?. I wonder... I guess it doesn't make much sense to "buff up" a female too much.

Could she be a mounted hero?

Oh good, everything's backed up. Still, that stinks... (And just when you were getting so close...) Good luck getting it put back together.

Totally, man! : )

16. Freddyk

Freddyk

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I too would have liked to see more different entries, there are so much units in W3!
    But if Pvt.Toma comes with a concept totally different using the same base unit, i find it interesting too. After all, an army of mechanical demons will need several heroes! (damn, i get new units ideas now)

Anyway, my Infernal Wheeled Warrior is almost ready and i will probably post it later today.

17. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [FINAL] Champion of the Burning Legion, Aestus

Mine is still missing them animations though, but I suspect I would be able to finish it by today/tomorrow(it's a holiday in my time).

And thank you, Fred :D

Edit:
    www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/infernal-champion-241071/

Here's my entry.

Edit 2:
    Like this? The title?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  18. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright, my entry's coming along pretty well, I think. Just the bow and quiver left to do now, and then add some touch-ups and minor details. Maybe a circlet on her head, or some kind of necklace. Thanks to Kyrbi0 for the idea with the full-bark arm. :)

Btw, Pvt. Toma, you should add the word "fin al" in your submission. Without the space, obviously. You're apparently supposed to do that, according to the rules. ^^

Attached Files:

19. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I like it in general, but her face reminds a bit of... of...

show
    [​IMG]

20. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You should have made the other arm barky and make it so that the arrow grows out of the bark arm(some green SFX and a scaling animation of the arrow) it would look so cool.:ogre_haosis:
    Note: If you decide to do this don't forget to remove the quiver.