• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling mini-contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Blargh

Edit1: deleted the particles-.-
Edit2: removed some polies and added some particles instead :)
Edit3: added some texture variation

Attachments

• contestversion.JPG
    contestversion.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Low-Poly_Earth-Elemental_Contest-Version.mdx
    24.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Level 49
Oh well... I'm in with a goblin submarine. 124 triangles and one particle emitter with an emission rate of 2(that makes 128 triangles, amirite?)...

HUGE thanks for FrIkY for the idea and for an awesome concept art("blueprints")

I think I only got to do rigging and animations now.

Attachments

• WIP_Goblin_Sub_Undersea_Predator_01.png
    WIP_Goblin_Sub_Undersea_Predator_01.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Goblin_Submarine.png
    Goblin_Submarine.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 167
Oh well... I'm in with a goblin submarine. 124 triangles and one particle emitter with an emission rate of 2(that makes 128 triangles, amirite?)...

Only if the maximum amount of particles on the screen at one time is 2. (Edit > Properties > Show debug info > look at "Particle count")

Level 25
Here is another wip. This time its an animation wip..
Instead of a sword I add spear because its more sparta style. >122 triangles<
How about a strike/stab from above or spear throw?

attachment.php

The video is captured in the viewport and I'm using skin modifier in max5 just to show the anim..

Attachments

• attack.gif
    attack.gif
    82.3 KB · Views: 314
Actually, it doesn't, it's just that all faces are rendered at all times. If you put a box, and it is not doublesided, it will be rendered as, say 6 faces. If you put it on doublesided, it will be rendered as a 12-faced object, and it has 12 faces.
The conclusion is that doublesided material just shows all faces at all times, not any extra faces, because you can't flip a single face in any way, that it's rendered as two faces. Get it?

Actually, it doesn't, it's just that all faces are rendered at all times. If you put a box, and it is not doublesided, it will be rendered as, say 6 faces. If you put it on doublesided, it will be rendered as a 12-faced object, and it has 12 faces.
The conclusion is that doublesided material just shows all faces at all times, not any extra faces, because you can't flip a single face in any way, that it's rendered as two faces. Get it?

Still will render as higher face object.

archian, who said that?

Level 49
All of the entries look awesome so far guys!

Meh, here's my final.

The Goblin "Undersea Predator" Submarine is an elite unit in any Trade Prince's navy. The ability to remain absolutely invisible to any kind of revealing magic or technology is one of the most advanced cloaking devices a machine can have. In addition, the sub can dwell underwater for an unlimited amount of time, all thanks to Goblin technology. The Goblins refuse to sell those precious creations for any kind of price, despite their greedy nature, for those amazing devices are one of the most advanced inventions the Goblins have ever thought of so far. A small and almost invisible hole in the sub's front, in the middle of the mouth illustration is used to launch X55 Anti-ship missiles at an amazing speed.

Recommended abilities:

Cluster Rockets
Submerge
True Sight

Screenshot_New.png

Special thanks to General Frank for the back-thing idea with the shredder texture. ^^

( Btw, why isn't this in the Arena? :/ )

Attachments

• GoblinSub.mdx
    17.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.