• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling Mini-Contest Theme

Which model will you likely create?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture60629.png

Vote on the model theme that you will likely participate in the upcoming Modelling Mini-Contest. Note that the options on the poll have been discussed in Modelling Mini-Contest Theme Discussion thread.

Please, do not vote as a public viewer, but as a contestant.
Additionally, the famous "Warcraft III unit to Hero" will be an Arena contest and this is why it has not been implemented in the poll.

Level 19
Falling would be awesome, would also greatly improve the spellmaker's list of models for creating cool and unique spells.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
For a second, I was about to be all despondent that my idea didn't make it to the poll. But Arena Contest? That's cool too. :p

Being not a contestant, I won't vote, but I will put my word in for "Wards" or for "Peons". "Falling Stuff" might be cool, too.

Level 18
Last Low Poly contest: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1317156-post233.html
Back then the limit was 128 triangles.

This time I suggest 256 or 512.
Well If we will go for 400-512 polies the model should use some anims, because that number is way higher for a simple attachment. However with that many polies we certainly have a challenge in order to create a unit model, a model that has animations and must move.

So my suggestion (in the case we choose low polies theme) is that the theme should exclude wards, attachments and simple doodads models. Or if you want to add those then limit the polies to something like 128-256.

Status
Not open for further replies.