• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelling & Animation Mini-Contests ~ Less Is More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Contest Entry WIP

Count me in! And here is my WIP...
Total Face Count so far is 265, and the model is just the four legs minus the body, head and tail...

Attachments

• M&AMC_WIP.png
    M&AMC_WIP.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 199
this issue is wrong...

in-game portrait consumes HD, yes.

but they are always separate. the engine will draw 1 model in the model space, and 1 model in the portrait area. so, if my model has 400 polygons and built-in portrait, the engine will draw 800 polygons

so it comes down to having no reason to "sum" portrait + model to reach 400. portrait-less models will go to a maximum of 800 in-game anyway...

it does follow the contest purpose, though, to make that potrait model not exceed 400. (although it doesnt follow functionality, since there will be only 1 portrait model in scene at a time)

I decided to go with this, since the Peasant model is low poly, while the portrait is of higher definition and a portrait makes more sense to be HD.

Portrait is now excluded from the triangles limitation, but should still be in acceptable limits, in terms of our Models' rules.

Level 18
My Contest Submission

Here is my model submission (Shadow Cat)...
The model uses 399 triangle/face and in-game texture...
Tested on a map and (almost) everything works fine...
The only problem is the Particle Emitter doesn't show up as expected...
The model is more suitable as a 'Summon' unit...

Attachments

• ShadowCat.mdx
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
  • M&AMC_In-Game.png
    M&AMC_In-Game.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 269
Level 26
Here is my model submission (Shadow Cat)...
The model uses 399 triangle/face and in-game texture...
Tested on a map and (almost) everything works fine...
The only problem is the Particle Emitter doesn't show up as expected...
The model is more suitable as a 'Summon' unit...

Damn, that's pretty awesome. Once the particle emitter works, it'll be even more awesome.
Why did you call it cat btw? It just kinda looks like a wolf with pointy ears imo.

Level 11
Implemented team color as well as some other things. I'm about ready to start animating.
The model will have a separate club attachment as well as an HD portrait, but they won't be part of the submission.
GoblinSS4_zpsaa47ed1c.png

And here's a side and back shot
GoblinSS5_zpsc27c1d12.png

Thas so good for 400 faces, wish u could do it in 2000 faces.

Dude make a Lotr Cave troll would be so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.