• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest: Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farming
Contestants are required to create a mini-map which has something to do with farming(planting and caring for animals to get their produce). That also kinda makes you feel like a real farmer, you need to do hard work for stuff, like for milking cows, you need to push buttons. Sounds are also encouraged. Secrets are also encouraged, like secret quests, items or other stuff

Tips
For some ideas look at Harvest Moon Games.
Suggestions: cooking, tv in the house, house renovation, relationship status, marriage, horse racing, many plants, weed, rocks and sticks, that need to be removed to plant. Shops to improve stuff, you get[ sick when you work too much

Contest Rules And Conditions
The map may not be protected!
No submission may violate any of the site rules.
If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
The file in the appropriate format.
You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
Judges may not participate.
Your final submission must be bug free.
Teamwork is not allowed.
Finding testers and/or voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
All multiplayer maps must be under 8mb, so that they are playable on Battle.Net. Single player maps must not exceed 15mb in size.

Prizes
First Place: 30 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
Contestants: 5 reputation points

This is the first contest I suggested, I hope it will be fine :) Well Good luck and Have Fun :)

Last edited:
Level 16
I haven't played the Harvest Moon Games (nor do I suspect, the majority of us here), so what other current Warcraft III-based maps would you consider suitable examples for a 'Farming' theme? The more references we have, the better it is for potential contestants ;)

But sounds like a nice idea if enough people are interested.

I haven't played the Harvest Moon Games (nor do I suspect, the majority of us here), so what other current Warcraft III-based maps would you consider suitable examples for a 'Farming' theme? The more references we have, the better it is for potential contestants ;)

But sounds like a nice idea if enough people are interested.
This is also a good one, but I think harvest moon is better

Level 14
I agree with Linaze! Its better to have a wider theme, and it doesnt require you to know HM in order to participate.

I think its always good, if you can use your very own original ideas. For example i'd really like to do a koto feeding map for a 'farming' themed contest :>

Level 14
I think more and better entries = Good contest, and fun

So if one could only do his/her entry by pairing up, be it.
I agree with the optionally paired idea, i wouldnt mind if some entry is better just because it was made by 2.

We only can create optionally paired contest tho, if every contestant understood this. Otherwise there will be a lot of raging and flaming at the end of the contest.

Level 14
I agree with Adiktuz, it wouldn't be fair if it was optional, and imo I like it more when I make then just by myself

There have been optionally paired entries in contests many times in the past. The reward if my memory serves is then split between the teammates (given they reach a reward).

In the last few contests I'v noticed many people withdrawing because having no time. When pairing is optional one can better manage his time and make the project disbanding less of an option if a team member is there to finish it up/polish it.

Level 11

Farming
Contestants are required to create a mini-map which has something to do with farming(planting and caring for animals to get their produce). That also kinda makes you feel like a real farmer, you need to do hard work for stuff, like for milking cows, you need to push buttons. Sounds are also encouraged. Secrets are also encouraged, like secret quests, items or other stuff

Tips
For some ideas look at Harvest Moon Games.
Suggestions: cooking, tv in the house, house renovation, relationship status, marriage, horse racing, many plants, weed, rocks and sticks, that need to be removed to plant. Shops to improve stuff, you get[ sick when you work too much

Contest Rules And Conditions
The map may not be protected!
No submission may violate any of the site rules.
If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
The file in the appropriate format.
You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
Judges may not participate.
Your final submission must be bug free.
Teamwork is not allowed.
Finding testers and/or voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
All multiplayer maps must be under 8mb, so that they are playable on Battle.Net. Single player maps must not exceed 15mb in size.

Prizes
First Place: 30 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon
Contestants: 5 reputation points

This is the first contest I suggested, I hope it will be fine :) Well Good luck and Have Fun :)

baby games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.