• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling mini-contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hive Workshop Modeling Mini-Contest #1

Contest Theme: 128 triangles

Contestants are to make a model using no more than 128 triangles. The model can be of anything.

Contest-specific Rules
  1. Your model must contain the animations that would make sense for your model (i.e. if it's a unit it needs stand, walk, attack, death, but if it's an attachment then it only needs stand, etc)
  2. Quads count as two triangles. Each particle counts as two triangles. Ribbons count for the appropriate number of triangles depending on length etc. (Is there a formula for this?)
  3. You can use either ingame or custom textures (just be sure to submit them along with your entry)

General Contest Rules And Conditions
  1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. The model must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you ASAP as to avoid confusion.
  3. You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  4. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  5. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  6. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  7. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  8. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.

Prizes
  • First Place: 20 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 12 reputation points
  • Third Place: 6 reputation points

Contest Judging
  • SuPa- and I will be judging. To speed up the process we won't be giving any sort of score breakdown. It will just be a simple "okay you win" sort of thing.

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submitted 2 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Saturday, 5th September and conclude on Sunday, 20th September, 11:59 PM GMT

Level 30
Fuuuuu D;;;;;;;;;;
Comon =(
py, you also might want to think about the 2 sided materials?
or not ... if not, that'd be good for me actually...

Attachments

• lopo footy.jpg
    lopo footy.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 294
Level 16
There is a triangle Limit, but is there a filesize limit? Like If we wanted to make nice animations or bones or texture animations that would increase filesize.

Btw im joining this
gotta find some way to pass the time until the damn colossus Modeling Contest 15

No, the only limit in this competition is the triangle limit.

Level 30
nubs.
I'm done.
This probably is my final entry ... unless I rush some changes in the last few hours until the deadline.

It feels awesome to finish a model for a compo... never did it before ^^
I'm glad I did it all today... worked 5 hours straight :)

some stats:
128 polies (faces)
33 kb.

I used the footman animations, collision shape and his eventobjects
Mesh was made from scratch using ms3d.

Cheers

Attachments

• footyfinalX2.mdx
    33.4 KB · Views: 89
  • footeh.PNG
    footeh.PNG
    257.1 KB · Views: 319
Mesh is done. Had to work hard on optimizing the tris count.

attachment.php

Got it in game with some animations! Got a marine in the picture for size comparison.

Looks promising, mind if you show a picture with a closer look of the character itself?

124 faces >:D

Still got a lot of tweaking to do before animation, might even need to redo the unwrap :p

Haha, that looks great.

Attachments

• Baby2.jpg
    Baby2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 384
Level 5
Looks promising, mind if you show a picture with a closer look of the character itself?

Thanks, Don't know if this is what you mean, but its kinda a close up of the model with a few different poses.

hamtime3.jpg

Kind of hate having 1920 x 1600 resolution, cause I cant tell how big these screenshots are going to be for other people lol. To me they look small.

Status
Not open for further replies.