• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer Tech Mini-Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
computertech01.gif

Mini Contest: Create a Computer Tech YouTube Movie

Contest Theme: Computer Tech

Each contestant must create 1 computer tech movie and upload it to YouTube.

Contest Rules And Conditions

• No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  • No submission may exceed 5 minutes in duration.
  • All submissions must be related to Computer Tech.
  • All submissions must be uploaded at YouTube
  • Completed submissions must be submitted with a valid YouTube link to this thread.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 25 reputation points & Mini contest award icon
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting
  • The winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judges (ZypherXII, Shados & DeskAladA).
  • Each submission will be rated individually by each jugde on the following 2 points:
    • Value of content in the movie (in relation to Computer Tech).
    • Filmic means and techniques.
  • Submissions shall be rated on a scale starting 1 ending at 7, 7/7 being the best. The final score for each submission being the average of all judges ratings.

Contest Dates And Deadline

All submissions must be complete and submited 1 month after the contest begins.
The contest has begun and concludes on

03/29 2008 12:00 AM, GMT

Last edited:
Level 8
[UPDATE] Added further details on judging

Contest Judging And Voting
  • The winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judges (ZypherXII & Shados).
  • Each submission will be rated individually by each jugde on the following 2 points:
    • Value of content in the movie (in relation to Computer Tech).
    • Filmic means and techniques.
  • Submissions shall be rated on a scale starting 1 ending at 7, 7/7 being the best. The final score for each submission being the average of all judges ratings.

[EDIT] Added 1st place award icon.

Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 25 reputation points & Mini contest award icon
  • Second Place: 10 reputation points
  • Third Place: 5 reputation points

1 to 7? Why seven?

Can't we just rate it on a scale of 1 to infinity?

That is not your decision. This contest shall be rated be appointed judges not a public poll.

~Spam post moved somewhere else~

Last edited:
Level 6
this sounds like a good idea, but does it HAVE to be uploaded to youtube? i have some of my own hosting and i would prefer to upload it there, due to youtube quality issues.

Level 32
this sounds like a good idea, but does it HAVE to be uploaded to youtube? i have some of my own hosting and i would prefer to upload it there, due to youtube quality issues.
It was decided that all submissions MUST be uploaded to YouTube (for among other reasons) to ensure quality (that the file is stable and virus free) and that the file is easily viewable by everyone in all web browsers.

Level 6
It was decided that all submissions MUST be uploaded to YouTube (for among other reasons) to ensure quality (that the file is stable and virus free) and that the file is easily viewable by everyone in all web browsers.

damn, if only youtube accepted swf format videos. My file size is over 100mb, and it's about 4:53 in duration, usually i just produce as an swf and it's at least 1 fifth of the size, and host it on my website, i'll see if i can try to get the filesize lower.

EDIT: My entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5agqxZxwbw

This is my entry for the computer tech mini-contest at

www.hiveworkshop.com

=====================

In this tutorial i show you how to remove potentially annoying functions from programs your "friends" might send you.

-GoSu.SpeeD

The reason i chose this topic is because lately, my friends have told me that sometimes they receive files from so-called friends which do annoying things such as turning off their monitor etc. so i made this tutorial to kill 2 birds with 1 stone :smile:

[Edit by Wolve]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Due to lack of submissions and planned vaction this contest will be extended another 2 weeks.

The contest will now conclude on Saturday, March 29th.

Contestants who has already uploaded their submissions are more than welcome to refine them.

Level 8
GoSu.SpeeD:
Valid submission.. Check!
Good explanation.. Yup!
Using zoom to make it easier to read text.. Nicely done!
Easy to understant.. Indeed!
Technical.. Yup!
7/7

HappyTauren:
Valid submission.. Check!
Easy to understand.. No!
Explanation.. Missing!
1/7

Do i need to say anything else than:
First place: Gosu.Speed
Second place: HappyTauren.

Congratiulations contestants!

Many thanks to judges for taking the time. Awards for winners will be handed out soon. Sad there were so few submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.