• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #3 - Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think that if there are at least three entries like in the first competition it will be fine.

So I'm counting on SecretArts, Illidan, WILL, Katu and RDZ to pull through on this contest.

did u use the skin modifier?

No, I used link... Is that the problem?

I doubt I'll have the time to work on it, I won't get to a computer until Sunday, and I have loads of toher stuff to do.

Sorry.

EDIT: I just remembered, on my first model I had a problem like this, one part used link and the other skin modifier. If I have time to fix it (and I'd probably need a day or two of extra time...) it should work.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Maybe raise the date by a few days?

I've already extended it by a week, come on. People have had a month and more to do this, it's not my fault they start at the last minute.

I hope you can enter WILL, I like your model.

Level 7
I've done the modeling an texturing. I'm not fully satisfied with it (I wanted a bigger res, but even this is 512*512...), but I like it a lot.

The differing height of the windows on the towers are because there is a stair inside it.

I deleted almost all of the unseen faces... now the final face count is 2603.
I also used some texture tricks on it.. like the small stairs on the back door.

citadel_final_pers.jpgcitadel_final_pers2.jpg
citadel_final_front.jpgcitadel_final_back.jpg
citadel_final_top.jpg

Now I('m tring to) animate, I'll do something like the Dalaran building anims, since it's my first model and I don't want to put a shitload of SFX on it.

EDIT: I'll upload the final submission at about 12h GMT+1 at Monday.
EDIT: Of course I'll dot it for Humans, but can't find a good name for it.. Any ideas?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Looks great, hurry and finish it up.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

There don't have to be other stages, and I doubt there are for his model.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

u all make me feel bad with my 16000 faces...

If that's for all the stages and extras (building parts etc.) then it shouldn't be so bad.

If that's one of your models, you could really reduce it.

Also, don't forget, people:

Models would require, of course:

* Proper building animations, the standard ones in Warcraft III
o Stand
o Death
o Decay
o Stand Work
o Birth
* Proper portrait camera

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Just make some glowly light coming out from the tower in yours, Rao, and maybe make that metal door open slightly.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well get creative, you need one to qualify.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Did I say it has to actually do something?

A stand work animation is a stand work animation. Whether it actually animated anything significantly (or at all...) is the author's choice, so long as the animation exists.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The point is, this contest needs entries, so why not just take 5 minutes and add something, so that we can have a decent poll?

Level 23
No blinks, no flashes.

It's a bunker. It sits there and gives shelter. You can send a telegraph from it (the mast on the corner). You can stand in the tower and peer out at the world around you. Real life is mostly static -- films and games always do it wrong. No, searching the police databases does not make the computer bleep and bop, the results don't bounce around the screen. You'll get a page of raw text, if you're lucky. It won't bleep, it won't flash. It'll actually do stuff.

I have already stated that I disagree with work animations. I feel that the model, in its current state, needs no more or less embellishment than it posesses -- I would not have released final screenshots was I unsatisfied with its appearance or animations in any way.

[/rant]

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

My citadel is finished.

I'll append the 'work' tag to all my stands, if it'll make you happy? :)

Yes, very happy, especially if that means you enter it in the contest after all.

Level 7
I'm making my animations now and I think that the stand work anim for me will be nothing more than a waving flag or something.

EDIT: Is Werewulf's entry finished?

EDIT2: Because there are finished entries, there are still no submissions. I don't wanna be the only one:)

Level 6
I'm making my animations now and I think that the stand work anim for me will be nothing more than a waving flag or something.

EDIT: Is Werewulf's entry finished?

EDIT2: Because there are finished entries, there are still no submissions. I don't wanna be the only one:)

i think only werewulf has atually submitted hers in

I just completly fucked up my model when exporting, so yeah, damn it, I'll either have to restart or find a way to make it all better and renanimate.

It was something about "exceeded vertes count: skin: skin" and then the keybar screwed up and erased everything, then turned into a 1 frame key bar. I can't fix it.

EDIT:, okay I'll have to reanimate...

EDIT2: Oh thank god I'm saved, its not fucked up, I can fix it now.

EDIT: but it keeps happening... whats the problem? Am I doing something wrong with the skin modifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.