• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
And trust me, in this map, you better be moving ;D

For instance:
You kill an enemy, several minutes later it respawns but this time it's stats are greatly increased (drop stays the same). This prevents farming spots for gear but also adds a challenge. The map will be full of these unique aspects. Hope you guys are up for a challenge, this isn't going to be a walk in the park :)

And trust me, in this map, you better be moving ;D

For instance:
You kill an enemy, several minutes later it respawns but this time it's stats are greatly increased (drop stays the same). This prevents farming spots for gear but also adds a challenge. The map will be full of these unique aspects. Hope you guys are up for a challenge, this isn't going to be a walk in the park :)

This is a complete contrary to my map, where I won't even use a hero for the main character, so there will be no stat boosting etc.

Creativity and innovation is born from diversity. So i look forward to your map.

Same here, just saying how, despite the 'typical' theme we got, we'll all make completely different things and that makes me happy :D

Sounds like a step backwards if you ask me. Surely your character should have stronger abilities as the map goes on?

A bit, yes, however, I'd like to note that the gameplay is going to be skill based (as in, user interaction skill) rather than stat based. There will be no +5str bonuses to save your character from the fact that you suck at playing the game xD But yeah, I am going to include more diverse and complex combat as you progress, what I am saying is that your character isn't going to be 50 times as powerful on the end of the map.

Level 25
Since i am drawing my inspiration from Dark Souls and i died like 120 times in that game already and still haven't passed it i find the hard difficult of a game much more appreciating.

And i assure you, gear will provide and edge in my map, but that won't make it any less a challenge in the end. I deeply hate the right click maps and gameplay that is why you better not get hit by my bosses and stay away from my dungeon traps.

Level 51
A few WIP's.

screen2.PNG Screen3.PNG Screen4.PNG Screen5.PNG

Level 25
I know how to do it :s
I also prefer using invisible platforms to make doodads walkable, more control.

Edit:

Just so you guys don't forget:
You can change ingame fog dynamically with triggers.

Edit2:

Any idea how to make neutral hostile creeps use custom abilities? :s

Edit3:

Nvm, found out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.