• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Mapping Contest Project - Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This map is going to be submitted to the Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon here at the Hive, and since we're allowed to have beta-testers, I'm gonna let you guys beta-test the map! Submit a helpful change to be made, and I'll be sure you put you in the credits somewhere. We're also allowed to get voice actors so if you're interested in doing that, let me know.

Update 1:
Fixed respawning as a result of falling through the bridge outside the spawn.

Attachments

• SandDungeon.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Level 5
Love the camera angle/style, and the nice idea of the map. Didn't get very far due to limited time and repeatedly getting owned by a skeleton that apparently two shotted me!

The terrain needs some work, not too much, wouldn't want to overcomplicate it with a billion doodads.

A bug I found: I went up a wooden ramp at the start and pulled a lever, after which the wooden ramp disappeared and was replaced with blackness. When I stepped in this blackness I died (as intended, I suppose!) but when I respawned, my character didn't have a model, left a million footprints with every step, and the screen flashed black periodically.

Level 3
Thanks man, I just fixed the ramp thing, and the screen flashing has to do with the overhead camera. It just makes sure that if someone hits the scroll wheel or something by mistake, the camera resets. The only way I know of doing that is by applying a camera object, which I have it do every 1 second. So those flashes you see are the camera resetting to the Camera001 object then quickly flashing back to the Treasure Hunter.

Level 12
The creep die too easy... got 3 swords and 1 hited them... Became even easier when got the ice set...

Tip - instead of applying camera object do:
  • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 270.00 over 0.00 seconds

Level 3
Yea I plan on making an equip system but it'll take a while to completely convert the items to it. Ah thanks for the camera thing, not sure why I didn't think of that. The updated version will be posted soon.

EDIT: I couldn't find the camera thing you said, are you sure it's not called something else?

Level 12
The map I was going to make for the contest have it lol - attached down.

Check "Move Red" in "ShipChase" category.

Edit// Don't pick a hero A long cinematic sequence will start :)

Attachments

• dung011.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 47
Level 3
lol yea I saw you post on there thanks man. I won't use your exact one but I'll understand what the hell to do using it haha don't wanna get accused of partnering up!

Status
Not open for further replies.