• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture60997.png

The Fortuneteller has spoken: It's Game!

160036-albums4747-picture61002.png

160036-albums4747-picture60998.png

Your task is to create a dungeon map. The map's genre has to reflect a role playing game and the objective should be anything related to the dungeon, such as killing a creature within, escaping the dungeon, etc. Machinate challenges, mythical creatures and the hero to be controlled by the player and guide us through the epic journey of your fantasy!

160036-albums4747-picture59735.png

25 reputation for the winner & every contestant shall receive 5 reputation each!

160036-albums4747-picture59734.png

Lordkoon

160036-albums4747-picture59736.png

• Convenience over effort won't be an excuse to make use of third party programs (exception: Jass New Gen Pack). GUI actions that do not exist in the vanilla editor's database may lead to disqualification. WEU (World Editor Unlimited) and UMSWE fall into this category.
  • The map may not be protected!
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Your submission must be specifically made for this Mini-Contest.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
    • Finding testers and/or voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
  • All multiplayer maps must be under 8mb, so that they are playable on Battle.Net. Single player maps must not exceed 20mb in size.

160036-albums4747-picture59727.png

The Mini-Mapping Contest "The Drums in the Dungeon" will begin on 26th of August and conclude on 30th of September -> 6 October (EXTENDED).

Last edited:
Level 25
Yeah, longer deadline please. Mapping usually takes more effort to complete than other contests since it requires triggering, object data, terrain, etc. Everyone seems to be happiest with a month.

Level 14
Alright, the deadline has been set to 30th of September, simply because it is a theme that was initially suggested for the Arena.

Notice that the upcoming mini-mapping contests will not be as heavy as this one and the duration of a contest will be approximately two weeks.

Anyway I would like to be appointed a judge for this one.

:vw_sad:

Level 22
But I had already asked you for another mapping contest to check a map before judging the contest, you've got my approval, but Pharaoh_'s the host, so lets see what he thinks.

If you have not judged in the past, you will have to send a message to the Arena moderator(s) and express your desire that you want to judge.

Meh I can wait, time is not an issue :) that shiny emblem tempts me. . .

Level 4
Changed my mind! I will join this one. Ill be creating a map with many dungeons and when you finish a dungeon it gives you epic rewards! Well, im not gonna use imported files because I dont wanna waste money on this simple project.:xxd:
EDIT: DAMN! CHANGED MY MIND, I quit...lol

Last edited:
Level 6
I will join. I am sure i will never win this contest but i just try my very best.This is my very first contest to join but i will try.

My idea.
- In the dungeon lies Illidan. You need to rescue illidan
- You will fight Maeive to help escape illidan.
- Then suddenly Illidan Betrayed you. You will manage to escape the dungeon while illidan chasing you.
- YOUR CHARACTER IS A CHICKEN.FAVORITE PET OF ILLIDAN
- Why does illidan want to kill you? because he want to EAT YOU so run!

Level 25
Mine is basically going to be a raid for 4 players, aiming for a similar feel to Obsidian Depths (on wc3c, if you're interested), but with a huge focus on interesting and FUN bosses.

PROGRESS: Made an aggro system!
Each creep has an aggro counter against each player, which increases whenever they take damage. Mid range = 60% aggro, long range = 30% aggro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.