• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Note:
These textures:
CloudWolf said:
Most of the diablo-themed tiles were made by a user from polycount.net called Cycloverid

The rest were done by the CloudWolf studious, so if anyone wants to use them, be sure to credit them.

I also have a copy of them on my hard drive if anyone wants them.

Edit:

New wip, working on entrance of the dungeon, hope you guys like it:

Attachments

• wip02.JPG
    wip02.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=6cm4rf
I work day and night. This is result map finished about 40%; terrain, triggers, mobs, spells. Map size about 5 mb. One hero many cinematics. This is only alpha version. U can see items at star and tat is all

If you are going to use QWERD as hotkeys, I suggest that you move interface icons down (so that you have Z X C V for move/attack/stop/holdposition).

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Well, I assume everybody thought: "If I take dungeon Tileset, It's going to be so Unoriginal! I think I'll take Northrend or something to be non mainstream ^-^" So Anything that is non-mainstream just became mainstream -> Guess I'll go with Dungeon Tileset :DD

Level 25
Ehm i am creating also custom models and textures.
Tho mostly for walls and possibly tiles.

Edit:

Tho my time is limited so it will probably be very little amount.

Edit2:

Final drafts coming to an end. Main systems structure assembled on paper and plot/enemies brainstorming almost complete.
Terraining the hall of bones now.

Level 3
Work in Progress 2

Alright, I've made some changes. Not very many to the terrain, but I suck at terrain, so bleh.

In case you've forgotten, here's my totally awesome WIP 1 Screenshot:
117399d1346176968-mini-mapping-contests-drums-dungeon-wip-1.png

Alright, as if I haven't totally blown you away already, the screenshot of the totally better terrain is below, along with a screenshot of all the items I've made thus far.

Attachments

• WIP 2.png
    WIP 2.png
    641.5 KB · Views: 208
  • WIP 3.png
    WIP 3.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 147
Level 5
So, I'm sort of unfamiliar with crediting people for their models and the like in a map. Am I supposed to specify what units use their models? And it's fine to do so on the loading screen, right? I ask because I kind of had a plan for the Optional Questlog, that being a bestiary.

... Though I suppose I can credit the creator in the unit entries...

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of the fourth floor so far.

Third floor may contain spoilers. ;D

Attachments

• WIP5.jpg
    WIP5.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Level 14
So, I'm sort of unfamiliar with crediting people for their models and the like in a map. Am I supposed to specify what units use their models? And it's fine to do so on the loading screen, right? I ask because I kind of had a plan for the Optional Questlog, that being a bestiary.

... Though I suppose I can credit the creator in the unit entries...

EDIT:

Here's a screenshot of the fourth floor so far.

Third floor may contain spoilers. ;D

For every export that you make in your map, you must somehow mention the authors in quest log, ingame message, endgame credit cinematic , etc.

Time to post the actual map progress so far.
So far I have made some amount of terrain, movement system, and camera system to suit the terrain.
Tips and criticism would be highly appreciate on any flaws. =D
Sorry for the large file size, it will be likely that it will be smaller when I post the final submission.
Also optimized so you guys don't get at my stuff easily. ;)
Hope the screen shot doesn't appear as dark for me as it does for you.

Attachments

• Teaser[DeathChef].w3x
    19.8 MB · Views: 45
  • Gameplay teaser.jpg
    Gameplay teaser.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 231
Prepare to see:
Trigger made items

Hehehe ;)
Impossible :)
Even if you edit stats trough code you can't edit tooltips ^_^
So I guess you will have some multiboard/custom tooltip display on the screen, but still main item as object can't have nice tooltip and that suck. Damn Blizzard why were they so lazy and didn't allow as to change all object editor fields with triggers :sad:

Level 25
Oh you will see ;)

It's gonna be fun on a bun.

Edit:
Also optimized so you guys don't get at my stuff easily. ;)

Final map must not be protected. Just a heads up.

Edit2:
Sorry for the large file size, it will be likely that it will be smaller when I post the final submission.

The file size limit is 20 MB, so be careful.

Last edited:
Level 21
Obviously the terrain needs a lot of work, but this is a WIP of the pistol system I finally finished. It's a dual weapon first-person shooter on a moving mine cart using arrow keys to rotate your view horizontally/vertically.

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    372.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 002.png
    002.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 106
Level 21
Yeah, it looks like everyone is doing single player maps so far. I would think they're easier for judges to test anyway.

Edit: I'll just post a test map I used for the WIPs since you haters be hatin'. I don't usually protect maps, but this is for now. It shows up as 01 in the map list if anyone bothers to try it, and video graphics (except resolution) have to be set to high.

Attachments

• MMC01 - Pistol Test (P).w3x
    367.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.