• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contests: The Drums in the Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've gone a different path - making the under part of the dungeon before the starting area. Currently focusing on gameplay.
63x1g3.png

Is it just me, or does this look like the one when you will rescue Illidan from Maiev?

Level 25
One out of four heroes done!

Footman - A sturdy melee fighter adept at blocking damage and defending all those behind his shield.
Taunt - Forces the target unit to attack you. Reduces your allies' threat level.
Defend - While active, greatly reduces damage taken from the front, however reduces movement speed.
Victory Shout - A shout that enhances your allies' armour, and creates aggro if used shortly after slaying an enemy.
Shield Bash - Bash the target unit with your shield to deal damage, stun, cause knockback, and reset its aggro.
Protect - While the target ally is in range, you take all damage that would be dealt to them.

Level 25
Time to show some of the progress.
Enjoy the equipment/inventory screen for now.

Every gear item in the map will be generated by scripts, not object editor.
However potions and quest items are going to be in the normal inventory slots.
Hope you like it, took me some time.

Oh and it's MUI and MPI ofc, written by me.
Tho this isn't even the good part of the system i have in mind :D

Edit:

Items will be able to be generated randomly with random level range.
Level directly impacts the stat strength and each level has a MIN-MAX range for a certain stat.

Edit2:

Suffix/prefix library will have to wait tho, but will be done by the final entry.

Attachments

• tease.JPG
    tease.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 177
Did you make the lava texture? Looks awesome :eek:
Yeah, I gotta fix some issues with the model, then I will upload it :D
But i dislike your character has no abilities :s
Only because I haven't made them yet, so combat is extremely boring, but don't worry, what do you think 8 empty slots are for? :D

Level 25
If you have the time make an option to be single player also via player detection triggers to grant controll of units.

Four heroes each with 5 active abilities would be a nightmare to micro, so I intend to make a basic AI to this end.

Actually, I'll make all heroes controllable in SP so that you can learn skills and get items for the bots, but the bots will move, attack and cast spells by themselves. I'll probably define a "bot" as any non-selected hero, so you can micro whichever hero needs the micro most.

Level 51
Haha, I quite like these guys recently, jeah :) Already thought about that, would make a cool optional quest or something. We'll see.

For the actual map: It's going to be a dungeon crawler of some sorts, though you need to do much with your enviroment, meaning not only puzzles but also killing your enemies. You don't have an attack, but a few abilities like jumping, granade-throwing and so on. Granades do damage to monsters, but they are often gonna be so big simple throwing at them won't make the deal. You need to use your enviroment to bring them down. Btw. the screenshot is taken from below, it's played in normal wc3 perspective ^_^

Level 25
As is locked camera HT ;)
Most of the time.

Edit:

Halls of Bones going well, done about 40%, need to add another section and prepare the boss.
Item Pools script done, loot system done and item icons imported (166 item icons -.-, that took time).

First trap system done, working on others.

Atm working on hero skills and ofc traps/units, then continuing terraining the other sections.
Doing the map in sections so if i run out of time it is still playable ;D

Last edited:
Level 5
Why didn't I think of that? I mean, I've been playing WoW all day instead of making my map. On a priest. I R DUM TODAI.

EDIT:

Got a little preview of one of the two hero's ultimate abilities, called Lightblade. Since I added an extra five levels onto heroes, because level ten isn't high enough, that means each ultimate now has three levels to them. I've managed to make Lightblade's level one and two how I want (See the attached screenshots. WIP6 is Lightblade level one, WIP7 is Lightblade level two), but level three isn't working how I want right now.

EDIT EDIT:

Not how I originally planned it, but I think this is just as awesome. Lightblade - level 3!

Attachments

• WIP6.jpg
    WIP6.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 154
  • WIP7.jpg
    WIP7.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 157
  • WIP8.jpg
    WIP8.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Level 25
Some screenies of the Halls of Bones, the 1st one is with interface to show you how it completely looks, the others are without so the filesize is lower.
Also FML random race when testing map ruins my cursor :S

Enjoy.

Edit:

Enemies are neutral passive so i can place them first and see how i like it. That is why they are just standing there.

Attachments

• wip02.JPG
    wip02.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 129
  • wip03.jpg
    wip03.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 128
  • wip04.jpg
    wip04.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
  • wip05.jpg
    wip05.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 119
  • wip06.jpg
    wip06.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 164
Level 21
Yeah, gameplay and movement can cancel out the "too dark" feeling for dungeons like that. The doodads remind me a lot of Diablo, too. I guess that's unavoidable with the theme, and it seems to be your goal. Looking pretty cool so far :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.