• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mini-Mapping Contests: Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok time for a first wip. My entry will have 3 zones, from which your units can't cross to each other (like miner going to the market, XD)

• Zone 1: the mine, here you control some gobling miners to get ore from the rocks in the tunnels. Don't worry you won't have to control the miners all the time, but check on them once in a while. The rocks already have the quality of materials you can get within each of them.
  • Zone 2: the factory, here you control the flow of materials by changing the directions of the arrows in the factory. Guide the ore to the smelter, then the ingots to the storehouse or to packaging if you will be selling them soon. Beware don't let rubbish go into your furnaces or the production will be wasted.
  • Zone 3: the market, get juicy contracts to produce certain alloy, buy interesting upgrades and expansions. Or just sell your remaining ingots for a small profit.

202681-albums6372-picture69052.png

202681-albums6372-picture69054.png

202681-albums6372-picture69053.png

Like Tickles said, the best thing is the miners AI, there was not much to test I mean I was taking my time palying around with the factory, it was pretty fun but overall I really liked the map. Concept is pretty legit, there wasnt much to do really but I like where this is going. One thing though you could make the factory more uhmmm understandable? Like fill the questlog with tips and stuff because it took me a while to set it all straight to where i wanted them to go... maybe is just because i am retarded.

Ok, here comes another WIP. This map I want it to be really hard, i dont want people to just hop in, kill everything and end the game, I dont want them to play it 3 times and win. I want them to actually spend a lot of time trying to beat it, so. There is a rather "easy" way to beat it but you will have to figure it out on your own. Just one quick tip: Upgrade the Skeleton Guardians and their Damage.

Feedback please! Oh and I hope you like the hell-looking terrain, I am still not done with it by the way.

Attachments

• Keeper of Souls.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 94
Level 30
Hmm... I think i might join.

EDIT (May 12 | 09:13)
attachment.php

EDIT (May 12 | 09:42)
attachment.php

EDIT (May 13 | 10:52)
attachment.php

Oh, just saw this and from the screenshot, this looks very nice. Terrain is simple but well-made. But one thing that bugs me is that it is flat, maybe mind making different levels to the ground?

Well, so the hero's name is Peter. Looks nice and have a question: will he have skills? You know it sucks when hero has no skills.
But overall, nice and +3 REP. Nice to see new entries. it grants more challenge in the contest!

Level 20
But one thing that bugs me is that it is flat, maybe mind making different levels to the ground?

It's not flat? o_O

Well, so the hero's name is Peter. Looks nice and have a question: will he have skills? You know it sucks when hero has no skills.

Of course he will, and some skills will be focused much on attributes.

Level 23
Ugh, Arrow key controls and cinematics are NOT working out well together..

Well, I'll just post these to show that at least did some progress today.
222907-albums5913-picture69120.jpg
222907-albums5913-picture69121.jpg
222907-albums5913-picture69122.jpg

The story is about you (A young thief) and 5 evil super rich people and you're gonna drive them out of the town by stealing all of their riches, especially their heirlooms. Silver fox is an expert thief who is currently teaching you to replace him as the current master thief

EDIT: UndeadImmortal's terrain looks fine. A village doesn't need to have very rough terrain filled hills and stuff.

Level 30
WiP #5 here! With 3 new screenshots showing you the fight with the 2nd Boss, the Darkside, Lord Hollowmist, the 3 achievements available for the next WiP maps (might add more), and the showing of the 2nd artifact, the Orb of the Wise One.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FEEDBACKS ARE APPRECIATED!

Attachments

• Gameplay Screenshot 15.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 15.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 9,495
  • Gameplay Screenshot 16.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 16.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 9,494
  • Gameplay Screenshot 17.jpg
    Gameplay Screenshot 17.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 9,419
Last edited:
Level 21
WiP #5 here! With 3 new screenshots showing you the fight with the 2nd Boss, the Darkside, Lord Hollowmist, the 3 achievements available for the next WiP maps (might add more), and the showing of the 2nd artifact, the Orb of the Wise One.
The hero is at least level 8 in WiP #5 with two bosses to fight, three achievements, two artifacts to find, and still no skills yet?
banhellmaster.jpg
The artifact looks flashy, and I'm looking forward to seeing the some spruced up gameplay with the new boss(es), skills and fixed save point balancing. The save points were probably your biggest problem. Any changes to them yet?

Level 30
The hero is at least level 8 in WiP #5 with two bosses to fight, three achievements, two artifacts to find, and still no skills yet?
banhellmaster.jpg
The artifact looks flashy, and I'm looking forward to seeing the some spruced up gameplay with the new boss(es), skills and fixed save point balancing. The save points were probably your biggest problem. Any changes to them yet?

I already did made some of the skills, Im not just adding it to the hero.

For the save point, I already limit the range of the heal.

AND LOL WHATS WITH THE PICTURE?

the hero is at least level 8 in wip #5 with two bosses to fight, three achievements, two artifacts to find, and still no skills yet?
banhellmaster.jpg
the artifact looks flashy, and i'm looking forward to seeing the some spruced up gameplay with the new boss(es), skills and fixed save point balancing. The save points were probably your biggest problem. Any changes to them yet?

ban hammer returns looooooooool

Level 30
WiP #6 by Hell_Master - A dungeon crawl map with some components of Farming

Here it is my WiP #6 showing you my map again with some improvements. And more....

Changes/Additions:
-Save Point only heals allies 600 range of the unit, this prevents taking advantage of the Save Point.
-When fighting bosses, Save Points are disabled so one tip is never die in a boss battle!
-Added achievements! 3 achievements only for this WiP!
-Added a main quest about the 3 great artifacts.
-Added skills to Lord Vargas but there is still no 4th skill for him as I am still thinking of what it will be and also some units also have no skills yet! Vargas' skills might be simple and wc3 spells but there is some additions to those skills!
-More.....

Credits:
-Sliph-M
-kola
-Tranquil
-Mc !
-CloudWolf
-JesusHipster
-Frankster
-Paladon (For Knockback Shockwave Spell)

So enough with the explaining and here is the map! I hope you have fun!

Attachments

• Farming #8 Contest Entry WiP #6.w3x
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 21
WiP #6 by Hell_Master
I have two major words for you: Multiple Difficulties

You definitely improved the map a lot, and the skills are nice for a hero with a large army to manage. Save points are a lot more balanced. Tomes and rescues are actually kind of fun to achieve, but the rescued units make the game ridiculously easy (not to mention how powerful the hero gets after the first artifact is found).

If you don't want to go in and balance every little detail of the game, you can just add harder difficulties which increase the HP of enemies and maybe give them some global auras (one dummy unit with auras which range throughout the map) to strengthen them too.
here's my first WIP's

225806-albums6373-picture69336.jpg
I don't see anything :eekani:

Status
Not open for further replies.